Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-05-2007, 04:58 PM #1
mitchega

mitchega supports Cereal Killerz 2
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Scammed by dyepball21...help me out guys

************************************************** **********************************************
This thread will remain open...only as a link from Dyepball21's feedback page in order for individuals who deal with Dyepball21 in the future to draw their own conclusions about Dyepball21's character and trustworthiness. Please do not continue to post...only read. We do not need anymore spamming of this thread, or Dyepball21's message box. I intend for this thread to only serve the purpose of informing individuals of the events that unfolded during my January 2007 deal with Dyepball21.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD!!!
************************************************** ********************************************

OK...so I had worked a deal with dyepball21 last Tuesday 1/30 which involved my black 07 ego for his black DM7. The agreement was to ship markers at the same time, since we both had what seemed to be good feedback. I proceeded to ship on 1/31/07 via USPS priority mail, fully expecting him to ship the DM7 the same day. He instead returns that day with an excuse as to why he could not ship the marker. He then proceeded to say he would get it in the mail the next day, which was fine with me. The next day arrived and still nothing was shipped. Finally on Friday 2/2/07 he PM'd me that a package had been sent via the USPS priority mail. Upon arriving home today...there was indeed a package awaiting me on the front step, but upon opening the box, only a DM7 box was to be had...no marker at all.

I sent the item to the following address:

Mattoon, IL 61938

The ego's body # was ******(edited for content), and I have pictures of it to prove it.

I have 411.com'd the address, only to receive a message that says the phone is no longer in use. The address is registered to a Brad McCleary, but I am unable to gain anymore information than that.

Does anyone have any additional information to help me on my search? Any help will be greatly appreciated! I already have a PM into one of the guys that dealed with him last to gain info on the paypal account that was used to purchase the DM7 from paintballer476. So hopefully I will be able to track them down through paypal.

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can lend!

NEWS UPDATE 2/8/07!!!!!!
Alright Guys! It looks as if the DM7 will be on its way to me tomorrow for a Monday delivery per dyepball21. He has apologized for the misunderstanding and has committed himself to the actual delivery of the product! Thank you again for all of your support.

NEWS UPDATE 2/26/07
I received the final pieces of the transaction today...these were the barrel and warranty card. Dyepball21 could not recover the UL barrel, so the Shaft 2 barrel from the 07 ego was sent in its place. I have now received all components of the initially agreed upon trade from Dyepball21, and am satisfied with the condition of the products that were received. I will not press the matter any further, and have no further grudge against Dyepball21. I ask that you form you own opinion of his character and trustworthiness from this thread, as well as his other posts, and existing feedback.

Thank you to everyone for all of your help and suggestions.

Last edited by mitchega : 02-26-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2007, 08:23 PM #2
Paintballer476

has been a member for 10 years
Paintballer476 plays in the PSP
Paintballer476 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintballer476 plays in the APPA D3 division
same info i had for shipping the gun to him, had problems with him paypalling me the money.

I shipped the gun on a thursday, sunday night there was a paypal claim saying i failed to keep in contact with him, the gun was purchased by his 12 year old brother w/o anyones consent blah blah blah, . Deff up to some shady stuff, like i said greg, PM me the info you need, lookin to help you out.

Edit: Paypal claim was dropped as soon as he got the gun(that tuesday, so 5 days after i shipped it).

Last edited by Paintballer476 : 02-05-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:27 PM #3
nycpballboy
Enjoying Life?

Paypal claim
NOW, I always thought he seemed legit, isnt he asm? Regardless, get your money back. If he ended up sending you it you can work it out, follow the pj steps, act quickly and you will see results.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:31 PM #4
mitchega

Thanks Steve...PM'd you back

I already have a mail Fraud claim in...tomorrow will see a local police report filed, followed by a Mattoon City police report follow up later in the day.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:36 PM #5
crewbe
Rag_Tag_Baller

crewbe is a Supporting Member
pm'ed u
Old 02-06-2007, 11:06 AM #6
mitchega

Police reports have been filed with both my state police department, and the Mattoon City police department. I have filled out a mail fraud report via the USPS website as well. Does anyone else have any idea's that may be of help?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:42 AM #7
paintballstud
A-Rock

paintballstud plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm within driving distance...pm me if you want anything done

*GEARBAG SALE*

OLD FEEDBACK 32+/0-
Old 02-06-2007, 02:16 PM #8
mitchega

Paintballstud...PM me, I might take you up on that offer!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:20 PM #9
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Smile

PM me with all the information you have on this user. I will do some digging around on the net later on this evening and see if I can help you any.

DAPB
Old 02-06-2007, 05:35 PM #10
007 Phantom (Banned)

That sucks, I thought he was legit too
Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 PM #11
paintballstud
A-Rock

paintballstud plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Phantom View Post
That sucks, I thought he was legit too
It's becoming a pattern...first they try to spend all the time on here looking like they're helping all the victims...gain trust from the user, then committ a major scam and leave.

(I.E. PJ, blaughts, now dyepb.)

*GEARBAG SALE*

OLD FEEDBACK 32+/0-
Old 02-06-2007, 06:05 PM #12
mitchega

Yeah...his character appeared great, he was constantly on, he had pretty good feedback, and was an ASM. This wasn't even my first trip around the block, goes to show you that no matter what you are never protected against these kinds of people. I shipped first...he had more feedback, and the phone number given was listed to the same shipping address. It is disconnected now. I didn't hesitate on the trade at all; I thought I was dealing with a legit individual. Do me a favor guys, if you see a Black 07 ego with the body# of 20119, snatch it up...it belongs to me!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:15 AM #13
mitchega

Just want to let everyone know that I am offering a reward of $200 to the person who gets or gives the authorities the information to get my marker back. Itís a black 07 ego body# 20119. He may have swapped parts off of his platinum 07 already, but the body# is the dead give away!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:23 AM #14
Zorber
RED SOX

sorry about your gun but i have a question. Did he insure(SP?) the package, because USPS has stolen many times from my family. About a year ago we didn't insure a 300 package we were returning to Disney. The contents were all stolen and Disney called us telling us about the theft. You could check the box for visiable slits on the edges. But more than likely that douchebag stole it. Sorry man. I'd take paintballstud up on his offer too.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 AM #15
mitchega

Nah, he stole it! I base this on the price for shipping that was on the box, and the fact that he has not been on the nation since Saturday, will not return any of my PM's, and gave me a bogus phone#!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:20 AM #16
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Do you have any tracking info for the package? Something that might have the weight listed?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:30 AM #17
wireman
RETIRED Team Run&Gun

wireman is a Supporting Member
Mattoon would be close to LevelX indoor field and Sudden Impact. I will try and find some phone#s for those fields for you later today. Nothing worse than a thief.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:53 AM #18
b1aze
Sorry I'm A Champion

b1aze is a Supporting Member
b1aze is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The label on the shipping sticker in the upper corner should have a total weight upon receipt of the package. It should be somewhere around 3-4lbs for a DM7 in box with everything included. The 06 Ego in box was just under 6lbs, and the box is much heavier than the DM7 box, etc. That is really the dead giveaway. Also, PLEASE dont ship in its original box! Use an extra box around your markers so that the Ego or DM7 is NOT showing, displaying the contents to anyone who looks at it!
"Originally posted by AuctionJunkie: thebestbetistodotheresearchonyourownandreadtheforu msandseewhatfitsyoubettereachpersonhasadifferentop inionastofeeloftheguninthierhandsifyouwanttosearch dontcomplainaboutitsimplypurchaseasupportingmember shipandyoucansearchanytimeaswellasreceivemanyother
perkssorrymyspacebarbroke
."
Old 02-07-2007, 11:55 AM #19
firstandlast513
Bulletproof Prodigy

I CURRENTLY HAVE A DEAL WITH CHRIS.... a halo for his two piece ultralite. I sent money FEb. 5th I have tracking number on package. I hope he doesnt screw me over also Is there any way we could get him banned or something?

Stoned Assassins #95

____~*~OHIO BALLERS CLUB~*~____ #85
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1618113
Old 02-07-2007, 12:14 PM #20
mitchega

The USPS doesn't put weight of package on the label; they do however put the price for shipping, which is based off of weight. The label price is at approx - $6. I have shipped a lot of markers through the USPS, and the cost would have been more than $6. For example it cost almost $12 for me to ship the ego to him, via the same delivery method. I can prove that the marker was not in the box by simply going to the post office and handing them the box and contents that I received and asking them to price it from my location to Mr. Cleary's zip code. There is no question that the marker was not in the box from the get go, there was no theft during the transaction of the mailing. Plus, he has ditched the username dyepball21...there have been no posts from him since 2/3/07, and he has not responded to any PM's since the arrival of my marker. He purposely robbed me, make no mistake...it was intentional!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM #21
mitchega

FirstandLast...goodluck!