PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 PM #1
DaltonChaotic

Epiphany barrel question (plz help)

i just opened the box to my new epiphany and was very angry. isn't the barrel back suppose to match the marker color? i bought a blue one and it came with a black freak jr. back. am i the only one or has anyone else had this problem? smart parts was contacted, but they gave me a pack of lies explaining that they only make the freak jr backs in black and white. did they lie or what? other than the barrel color issue and feedneck this gun rocks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 PM #2
THOMAS111
official eclipse etek tec

no i live in Scotland in the united kingdom and got my epiphany in blue and i have the same black back yes i was disappointed as well but smartparts Europe says that's the way we are getting ours as well in Europe but i think its false advertising
Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 PM #3
igotbannedsothisis#2
^Says it all

yeah i think there are a few select ones in the us that have that and most in europe but my back is blue nd i love it
Old 02-02-2007, 05:13 PM #4
5 cross your lip
ICHIGO KUROSAKI

5 cross your lip is a Supporting Member
5 cross your lip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
5 cross your lip supports DLX Technology
i have the blue one too and it came with a blue back and a ss .689 insert

team relentless

old feedback +21/-0 / new feedback +84/-0
Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM #5
navysealguy
theirs not to reason why

navysealguy is an NCPA player
navysealguy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
navysealguy has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i have blue back and 693 insert
Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 PM #6
DaltonChaotic

seems like smart parts didnt completely have all their ducks in a roll on this one. lol
from what you guys are saying the barrels and inserts are just randomly being slapped together and shipped

Last edited by DaltonChaotic : 02-02-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 PM #7
masterchief12113
Epiphany Owner

I have a blue marker / blue barrel that would get me really po'd 2 id call sp and get a new barrel
Old 02-02-2007, 11:52 PM #8
cockerdude55
NE1469?

bluie and black.... whats the problem
Originally posted by caraboose v2 "**** i fail hard."
Naughty Dogs Fan #96
Infamous Fan #923
[/center]
Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 AM #9
THOMAS111

well the problem is false advertising you look at the pic of the gun think that's nice then when you get 1 its not the same as the picture false advertising

www.paintballalexandria.com

the only scenario team in Europe to be sponsored by Planet Eclipse shooting Eteks wearing Etek clothing
Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 PM #10
Lyquid_Kill

Lyquid_Kill works for a Paintball manufacturer
Lyquid_Kill posts videos on PbNation
did you guys bother callin sp?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:02 PM #11
navysealguy
theirs not to reason why

navysealguy is an NCPA player
navysealguy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
navysealguy has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
if you want a blue back you can buy mine.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM #12
THOMAS111

thanks for the offer but its hardly fair i payed 260 for my Epiphany in blue minus a black freak back

the only scenario team in Europe to be sponsored by Planet Eclipse shooting Eteks wearing Etek clothing
Old 02-04-2007, 12:35 AM #13
DaltonChaotic

yes sp has been contacted twice by me, and they give me the run around. i try to get a straight answer from sp but noone seems to have one.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:49 AM #14
fireitup
Arny the assault penguin

no there are two versions the ones made in the uk have a black back and a green led and the us version has a colored back and red led

Last edited by fireitup : 02-04-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 PM #15
Rwisltex

I want a blue one, with autococker threads... I wonder if smart parts is going to start carring multi colored backs like some of the other barrel companies such as cp
Old 02-10-2007, 10:57 PM #16
blazchasr
MacDev Militia

blazchasr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blazchasr plays in the APPA beginner division
I have a blue Epiphany and it came with a dust black freak jr. back. I called sp and got the run around. When I aked for somebody higher up I got their voice mail andgot no return call (twice). I was told they didn't come with blue backs and there were afew of the first that my have had them. I was also told that any pictures seen with these backs may not have been from sp. Well they are on their own web to this day with the different colored backs. I thinks it definately false advertising.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 AM #17
THOMAS111

OK the epiphany firebolt is being recalled so call the shop you got the gun from or send direct back to smartparts as the bolt has been made to thin and could break in 2 half's as i was called by my team sponsor today to ask me to send the bolt back to them for a replacement and when i called Sp about my freak back they are giving me a silver freak back so i had to send my black 1 to them that's the best they can do as they are not getting any colored backs

Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 AM #18
DaltonChaotic

I went to http://www.punisherspb.com/smart-par...rels_1807.aspx today and found freak jr. barrel backs in blue and the original freak backs also in blue. also in many different colors. i as much as i like smart parts they are a bunch of liars.

Last edited by DaltonChaotic : 02-11-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:16 PM #19
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonChaotic View Post
yes sp has been contacted twice by me, and they give me the run around. i try to get a straight answer from sp but noone seems to have one.
Well, you did not contact me! It is not the issue of a run around. It is just not everyone here has the correct information all the time. YES, we are shipping some with black backs. We had our "ducks" in a row, but due to complaints about the powder coat on that back, we are switching to anodizing. This will take some time until we find the right anodizer to do the color we want. We apologize for any inconvenience this has cause and if there are any further problems, please feel free to PM me. That is what i am here for. We do NOT normally make freak jr. back in colors. Yes, punisher has some. And that is because they order a large quantity and we anodize them for them (or maybe they ano, dont fully remember). Hope this answers all your questions. And I am far from a liar.

Quote:
OK the epiphany firebolt is being recalled so call the shop you got the gun from or send direct back to smartparts as the bolt has been made to thin and could break in 2 half's as i was called by my team sponsor today to ask me to send the bolt back to them for a replacement and when i called Sp about my freak back they are giving me a silver freak back so i had to send my black 1 to them that's the best they can do as they are not getting any colored backs
No, the Firebolt has NOT been recalled. When you make a batch of bolts, you occasionally will have some bad ones. It happens. Everything has return rates. If your's breaks, please contact your dealer you purchased it from and we can get you a replacement or contact us directly. And if your firebolt broke, I do greatly apologize for an inconvenience that has caused.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com

Last edited by Sean@smartpartswest : 02-12-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:41 PM #20
DaltonChaotic

well finally a straight answer. I only had to insult a corporation to get it. sorry about that. but i hope you understand that the lack of focus the "small" details is what makes or breaks your consumer base. you have know idea how frustrated i was with your company when i saw that black barrel back. not because of its quality but because i was mislead about what i was buying. and i am sure i am not alone on this. but thanks for the info.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:33 PM #21
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonChaotic View Post
well finally a straight answer. I only had to insult a corporation to get it. sorry about that. but i hope you understand that the lack of focus the "small" details is what makes or breaks your consumer base. you have know idea how frustrated i was with your company when i saw that black barrel back. not because of its quality but because i was mislead about what i was buying. and i am sure i am not alone on this. but thanks for the info.
Not a problem. I am usually on Pbnation alot. I have not been online much because I have been so busy at work. But I will try to be on more to answer everyone's questions. SPDegree is frank who work in R&D that does a lot of the testing on the new stuff. He is full of knowledge as well. If you have questions, PM him or me. We are here to help you guys.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com