Need help with rules
a big thing at my school is intermural soccer, however there are complains about the rules and stupid team names etc. so i was charged with re-writing the rules for next year tell me what you think:
Players and Substitutions
* Teams will consist of nine players (6 field players , goal keeper and two substitutes ). A minimum of seven players is required to start play.
* Substitutions are only allowed in the following situations:
* When a ball goes out on the end lines or sidelines (goal kicks, corner kicks, or throw-ins)
* When a player is injured and needs to come out of the game
* When a goal is scored
Start of Game and Game Time
* Choice of sides and the kickoff will be decided by a coin toss. The team winning the toss will have the choice of side or kickoff. The second half will begin with kickoff by the team that did not have it in the first half.
* At the referee's whistle, a player taking a place kick from the center of the field into the opponent's half of the field will start the game. Prior to the kick, players shall be on their respective sides of the field. A goal may not be scored directly from kickoff. The player who kicked off may not play the ball again until another player has touched the ball. An indirect kick is awarded if this occurs.
* Two 18-minute halves will be played with a 2-minute halftime period.
* Game time is running time with the clock being stopped only on injuries, when a goal is scored, when a penalty kick is awarded, and when a player is carded.
* One 30-second timeout is allowed for each time during each half.
* Ties will not be broken in regular season play. In playoffs, ties will be broken by a 5-minute sudden death overtime period (first goal scored wins). If the score remains tied, a 3-minute sudden death period will be played without goalkeepers.
* There will be no offsides.
* The goalkeeper can distribute the ball by throwing or placekicking only to half point of field.
* A goalkeeper cannot handle a ball played back to him/her by his/her teammate. An indirect kick is awarded if a goalkeeper plays the ball with his/her hands on a pass back from his/her teammate. The goalkeeper can catch a headed air ball.
* Direct and indirect kicks will be awarded in accordance with referee judgments.
* If a player is ejected from the game, he must leave the field and may not stay in the area of play. If a player refuses to leave, his/her team will forfeit the game.
* a player is fouled in the other teams box
* a handball occurs in the box
* Goalie delays in release of ball
* Unsportsmanlike conduct
* Dangerous play
* Interfering with goalkeeper
The Season- each team plays each other team 1 and the top 4 teams play off for the title.
Scoring- A win will be counted as three points a tie 1 point and a lose no points, a team score to scored on ratio will break ties for the top 4 at the end of the season
Teams- Teams will be drafted, after “captains” are randomly picked from the list of people who signed up. Each Captain will pick his team one at a time. The number of team in the league will decided once everyone has signed up.
The Team Will decide a name from a professional team such as Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona, LA Galaxy or any other professional team. All the team players need to have a certain color shirt to define your team, each team will have to sign up there certain color. It is a good idea to keep the professional teams color, if your team is Arsenal then you could choose red, if your team is LA Galaxy you could choose yellow.
Play-Offs- The play-offs will consist of the top 4 teams. The team in first place will play the team in fourth place and the team in second place will play the team in third place. The winner of these games will play in the final and the winner will the season champions.
infamousaddict will be back!!!!!!!!