PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:14 PM #22
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

has been a member for 10 years
I understand you like autocockers. I like them too. It is a great gun to tinker with, and tune. I would take one over a Mag anyday. I really hate the triggers on mags, but they have there own qualities as well. Just like the Rainmaker. To each there own.

But seriously, the days when most pros used cockers was 4-5 years ago. Nearly all have switched to rambolts and spoolers.
They are simplier, faster, and require less maitenence. I've seen picture of World Cup, and I had a hard time spotting cockers (and mags).

Personally, I think rambolts (timmy,bushy,angel,viking,impy) are boring. They look/feel/shoot like glorified blowbacks, and chop just as much, but everyone uses them now.

The good news is that the prices on used cockers is dropping as people switch over to rambolts/spoolers. Prices on Angels are even dropping too as they are no longer the latest fad.

My point? I don't have one.

Nick
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2003, 11:13 PM #23
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Lovecraft, I think reports of the cocker's death have been greatly exaggerated.

You still see a whole mess of cockers out in the tournament scene, and I'd be willing to wager that it's still the most used gun out there overall. There have been 4 major lines of custom "designer" cocker guns released in the last 2 and a half years alone. Besides, with the EBlade and Racegun grips selling like hotcakes, it's going to take more than the advent of the electronic trigger to end the reign of the autococker.

Personally, I still use a modified 98 cocker, but I picked up a 99 semi rainmaker w/ a 14" boomstick in a pawnshop for $60 recently, and it's currently in a pile of parts in a box right now while I clean everything and replace the trigger with something less cheasy. It's always nice to have a number of guns that share common barrels, grips, and bottomline patterns, so I think these two guns are going to get along just fine.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:39 AM #24
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

I personally love cockers... The trigger is so cool. It's snappy and sweet. But you know what, when I do fire them it's more like a paintball shotgun. As ball after ball break and paint goop out of the barrel porting and fires out in big sprays. Sorry, but I just can't shoot the thing with ANY sort of quickness. Anything over like 3bps and it's an autochopper. But that's my fault I gots no rythem(sp?). As for mags I've never shot one. No one at my field owns one. But from what I read if you're gonna go stock get a rainmaker. I love mine. IF you have nitro already and like mechanical guns go with the mag. If possible try shooting both. Sometimes you'll find that even if a gun isn't the fastest, lightest gun it fits you better. I found this with my rainmaker. With a rainmaker, HaloB, and 114ci tank it's a hefty beast that most people can't handle playing more than a couple of games with. I on the other hand love it. Playing with a milled cocker with a 68ci it just doesn't feel right. Doesn't feel comfortable. Feels like it's not as steady. But it's just me. Im sure if I gave some of my friends that use cockers my rainmaker they'd throw a fit. It's all personal preference.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:49 AM #25
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with u. It's pretty much an opinion. But when u said that

u broke a ball, and as u kept on shooting , gook came out. U

should of used ure squeegie. Then u wouldn't have a problem.

Now the ball most likely broke because, u didnt have a electronic

hopper, thats my guess. If u used a hallo b, u wouldn't of had a

problem.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:36 PM #26
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

Quote:
Originally posted by The Inflicted
You still see a whole mess of cockers out in the tournament scene, and I'd be willing to wager that it's still the most used gun out there overall. There have been 4 major lines of custom "designer" cocker guns released in the last 2 and a half years alone. Besides, with the EBlade and Racegun grips selling like hotcakes, it's going to take more than the advent of the electronic trigger to end the reign of the autococker.

you know something? more stingrays have been sold than ALL NON BE MARKERS COMBINED. yes, more stingrays that spyders, tippys, angels, impys, cockers, mags COMBINED
Old 03-14-2003, 09:04 AM #27
Macanudo
suninberg

Macanudo is a Supporting Member
cockerfreak why would you even suggest a cocker for this guy? He asked which to buy between a mag and a rainmaker. Ive got an angel but I don't come in here to show off. Personally, I would suggest the mag, both are great guns but I think you would get the better deal by getting the mag. If you need any help im me at Bam3259. Peace.

Official Trauma Fanclub Member#13
Old 03-14-2003, 09:05 AM #28
Macanudo
suninberg

Macanudo is a Supporting Member
Hey guys don't you think its funny he comes in here with a complete oppostie opinion to BE and starts agreeing after getting flamed? (BE stinks forum).

Official Trauma Fanclub Member#13
Old 03-14-2003, 02:51 PM #29
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U dont come in here, and talk about ure angel?. Well u just did
Old 03-14-2003, 02:54 PM #30
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i never got flamed. The guy made a good point, thats all.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:50 PM #31
superman351
pro machinist

cockerfreak, your an idiot.

Quote:
And i never got flamed.
earlier on you said

Quote:
What? Do you feel special cause u just joined a flame war?
and judging by your posts you are a newb. i bet you dont even know who invented the autococking design
Old 03-14-2003, 04:07 PM #32
Housemaster
The Bread Head

I don't --

Then again, I don't act like I do.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:10 PM #33
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, who do u call, Glenn Palmer. Thought so, thought so.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:16 PM #34
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Housemaster

Then again, I don't act like I do.
No, instead, u act like a moron.

Last edited by cockerfreak221 : 03-14-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:18 PM #35
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

Cocker freak I did squegee, I just break ball after ball in a cocker. I can't help but shortstroke the thing so I don't think using my halo would have helped(didn't have it when I used the cocker). It's not the cockers fault I just can't pull the trigger back ALL the way then let it go ALL the way forward again quickly. Then again I don't have much experience with them. One time at the field a guy wanted to try shooting my rainmaker. SO I said I would if he'd let me shoot his cocker was highly upgraded, but with a slide trigger still. Played one game and realized it just wasn't the gun for me. I may get an electro cocker sometime down the road though.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:24 PM #36
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe work on ure shooting, trying 2 get faster, and when u get faster, try that guys cocker again, see if uve improved your speed. Now, I know that cockers r expensive, so I dont want to push anyone, except housemaster, cause he is a dumb kid, 2 get 1 when the balls just beak in their barrel.

Last edited by cockerfreak221 : 03-15-2003 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:30 PM #37
superman351
pro machinist

Quote:
Yah, who do u call, Glenn Palmer. Thought so, thought so.
damn, 90% of the time people get that wrong
Old 03-15-2003, 01:37 AM #38
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottQ
I have used my RM over both my old RT, and Proteam Micromag. My RM had less kick and weighed about the same. they had the same consistency since I used the same regs, barrels, and paint for all of my guns. The reason I used the RM over my mags were 2 reasons. I liked the feel of the RM better, it didnt have the fragile feel to it. Also my mags had velocity problems sometimes. They only had velocity problems when I was at a tournament and REALLY needed it to shoot under 300fps. I think they liked penalty points. Oh well.

try to find a RM and use it and see how you like it. Do the same for the mag.
mags ae made of stainless stell, calling them flimsy is just plain idiotic.

but yeh, i always seem to have velo spikes at the worst possible moments, thats why i leave my classics to the rec ball games. worse they can do is make me sit out for a game.
Closed Thread