Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-25-2007, 06:43 PM #22
fds (Banned)

15 bps is enough even 10 is enough for me, i just like to show off the 25 bps the fusion can do to all the haters at the feild.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 AM #23
bigben77
Big up yo self

The speed of a modern paintball gun really has become irrelevant. Most guns can reach 20BPS and that is all you need. Yeah, so what if an Angel 1 can shoot 31BPS in demo mode, you can't use that mode on the FIELD. The thing that matters most is the ease with which you reach your max ROF. Now to bash on the PMR. I am thinking about selling my Wrath LTD and buying a Fusion, and it is not because the PMR grip frame is composite(saves weight without sacrificing durability). Some of the best hand guns in the world have composite frames i.e. GLOCK. My problem is with Proto being a money grubbing company. DP makes a gun almost entirely out of high quality aluminum, and Proto cuts corners in areas I am not comfortable with, such as the trigger, feedneck, and end cap. You may be asking why Proto has done this, for one reason and one reason only, PROFITS.Proto is a much larger company than DP, and therefore has a much larger production copacity. DP may out source their probduction to cut costs, but Proto could do the same thing. So I see it as DP trying to put out a quality product, and Proto as tying to increase their bottom line. Not to say the PMR is not a quality product, but after I spend $25 more, I would like it better if I didn't feel I had to replace three parts of the gun that almost add up to $100. Just my opinion take it or leave it.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:32 AM #24
Arstron
fusionowners.org

You have a point, but just like cars, you just cant help to want a motor with a lot of horsepower and torque even though chances are you will never use it. However you are right, but I would limit it down to 15 bps, any marker that can do that, have a consistant fps each shoot, little kick, and fairly light is enough to compete with any other marker on the market. If it was up to me, all tournaments would have a 10 bps rule.

As for the plastic, you are right on that also. I am not sure what type of composite that are using, but I do know that agd did a test with their composite single trigger frame in the late 90's. They used it as a "link" between 2 chains and lifted a Miata into the air and it held up. I seriously dought the pmr frame is that strong, but it shows how strong a composite type frame can be. I have been trying to find the picture of that, but I just cant find it again.
For Sale:
WTB your broken DP markers.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:57 PM #25
markerman'06

^ I believe the mag frame your talking about was carbon fiber.
but yeah speed is not the issue, both are fast, all that matters is the comfort to the user, the efficeincy, and kick, imo, weight is low on both. oh yeah and durability. kick goes to the pmr imo, efficiency, and durability go to the fusion (few if any corners were cut in production) and the feel is all the individual user.
the only way is to hold both and get your personal opinion, either way bothguns will perform on the field.