Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 PM #43
elite_aim

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_wendel View Post
I like you, but I can only like you so much because you are from SC. Nothing personal against you or the state. Are you a gamecocks fan???
haha, nah, I was born in Massachussetts, I really have no preference for college football.
| Boston Celtics
| Boston Bruins
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 PM #44
paintballkid97

How can you say that LT isn't being a little ***** for not going to the probowl because he doesn't like the coach, especially when he knows that the coach in the probowl has no authority on him.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:59 PM #45
Center50kid
ST's Grammar Teacher

Center50kid is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfunded View Post
I agree with him. The Patriots players were out of line, and the coach is ultimately responsible for the way his players behave.
i think u are right either way LT IS THE NFL MVP
Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 PM #46
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_aim View Post
Oh come on, every damn person who knows the NFL, knows that Belichick is one of the most disciplined coaches in the NFL. Guess what, the players let the emotions get the better of them ONCE. Everyone makes a big ****ing deal about it. How about the Chargers shut the hell up, and go on to next season, just like every other team in the NFL besides the Colts and the Bears. LT still has my utmost respect, but that respect is only going to decline if he rags on one of the most respected coaches in football for not having his team disciplined enough.
Bill is one of the most disciplined coaches, however, he chose to let his players make a classless move. It is what it is, and you cant say its anything different after the actions Bill and Tom both put on display after the game last night.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 01-22-2007, 07:01 PM #47
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
I still say LT needs to grow up. What has this pansy world come to when grown supposedly masculine men can not celebrate and taunt one another especially when they are they victor. Of course it is great when they exude class and don't rub it in someones face but that is a human beings normal behavior. We are simply a competitive race who likes to out do our neighbor. Of course who ever is on the raw end of the deal is going to see it as classless. Quite simply the Chargers lost and didn;t like being reminded about it from the team who just took away the win the media and the world had already given them.

It is just a game. Grow up...

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 01-22-2007, 07:04 PM #48
Mr. SparkleIsBack
Viva La Nation

Mr. SparkleIsBack is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
You mean job, right? If a co-worker spat in your face, would you be pissed at the manager for letting him?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 PM #49
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
I still say LT needs to grow up. What has this pansy world come to when grown supposedly masculine men can not celebrate and taunt one another especially when they are they victor. Of course it is great when they exude class and don't rub it in someones face but that is a human beings normal behavior. We are simply a competitive race who likes to out do our neighbor. Of course who ever is on the raw end of the deal is going to see it as classless. Quite simply the Chargers lost and didn;t like being reminded about it from the team who just took away the win the media and the world had already given them.

I agree, taunting is part of the game, but do it all within the 60 minute time frame the NFL has for playing the game. While it is just a game, its also there proffesion, and with co-workers, its nice to exhibit a little class and common courtesy.

Last edited by Fat Joe : 01-22-2007 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 PM #50
paintballkid97

seriously, I really like LT but he needs to shutup, he knows he is going to go anyway so why start all of this.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:08 PM #51
elite_aim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Bill is one of the most disciplined coaches, however, he chose to let his players make a classless move. It is what it is, and you cant say its anything different after the actions Bill and Tom both put on display after the game last night.
What? He chose? You think they asked his permission before they went and did it? No. They did it randomly and just let their emotions get the better of them. IT HAPPENS. There isn't really anything a coach can do about that, besides punish them and talk to them about it the next day. You can only coach so much. After being down 8 points to the home team, the supposed best, most complete team in the NFL, the team who was supposed to dominate you, the organization that didn't even let your fans get tickets and coming back and beating that team, the players are going to celebrate. The coach can't control that besides punishment afterwards. It may have not been the classiest thing to do, but LT needs to shut the hell up and get over it. He is just going to lose respect by saying stuff like that.
| Boston Celtics
| Boston Bruins
Old 01-22-2007, 07:08 PM #52
paintballkid97

And this happens all the time, he is just being a ***** about it because it was the biggest game of the season for his team.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:12 PM #53
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
What? He chose? You think they asked his permission before they went and did it? No. They did it randomly and just let their emotions get the better of them. IT HAPPENS. There isn't really anything a coach can do about that, besides punish them and talk to them about it the next day. You can only coach so much. After being down 8 points to the home team, the supposed best, most complete team in the NFL, the team who was supposed to dominate you, the organization that didn't even let your fans get tickets and coming back and beating that team, the players are going to celebrate. The coach can't control that besides punishment afterwards. It may have not been the classiest thing to do, but LT needs to shut the hell up and get over it. He is just going to lose respect by saying stuff like that.

I would agree with most of your points had it not been for their behavior after the loss last night. If they wanted to change how they were being looked at after LT blasted them, then they should have acted with some class after a loss. To me, they were classless winners and classless losers. At some point you have to lok too the coach and say whats goin on here? Seems to me like the entire New England organization's heads are a little bigger then they should.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 PM #54
wgp04cocker
GunWhoreClub#6

wgp04cocker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
Well seeing that the Patriots have no class this doesn't come as a surprise. Some Patriots DB went to the middle of the field after the Charger-Patriot game and started doing the Merriman sack "dance." Obviously that is taunting, and unsportsmanlike contest. So, Rivers and LT go out there and stop the guy, LT comes off as a the bad guy? LT comes forward and says that the Patriots actions like that come from top down, and that they don't have any class. A week later the Patriots get beat by the Colts, and Peyton Manning tries to shake the hands of Bellicheck and Brady, but they both decline proving LT's point.

Don't rag on LT, he is the virtuous chivalrous one here, the Patriots are the spoiled brats of the NFL and are now getting shielded by the biggest infatuation in recent history by the sports media.
I guess it was sportsmanlike and classy of Merimen to send Jason Taylor a "lghts out" t-shirt and a thing of popcorn for when he's watching the Chargers in the playoffs and he's at home? I fnd it hilarious that not only did they get eliminated from the playoffs, but Merrimen is then made fun of openly at the 50-yard line of his own stadium. Karma at its finest right there. Couldn't have back fired any better to slap that cocky ******* right in his face.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:15 PM #55
BigfootWookie
Bye Bye Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SparkleIsBack View Post
You mean job, right? If a co-worker spat in your face, would you be pissed at the manager for letting him?
Quote:
Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was fined $17,000 by the NFL yesterday for spitting on Tampa Bay running Michael Pittman during Saturday's playoff game, league sources said.
There is a fine for that, your example is way off. And no, I wouldnt be so visibly angry if one of my co-workers beat me out for a promotion or a workplace contest and celebrated afterwards. I wouldnt join in, but I certainly wouldnt go on national TV *****ing and moaning about how classless he was.

And to move away from that crappy office analogy, LT has lost a lot of class in my eyes with his outbreaks after the Patriots game. I feel like a lot of his class this year was him trying to look like a good winner, so that when he won the SuperBowl nobody would say he wasnt a classy guy to lose to. But losing in the playoffs wasnt in his plans, so I think he blew a head gasket and couldnt handle it. That's just one of my takes on it.

Emotions ride high in the playoffs, classy guys have breakdowns. LT and Brady have both exemplified that to some degree.

"I can't hit them anymore but God knows that I want to. More than awakening tomorrow morning, I want another shot at a Notre Dame football player. Just so I could send the clear message that The University of Southern California's Football Team is in town and that today will end in Pain for you and your team and your fans and your school. That USC is here and we're taking everything you have. There won't be anything left when we're done here."
-Marv Goux, USC Legend
Old 01-22-2007, 07:18 PM #56
Center50kid
ST's Grammar Teacher

Center50kid is a Supporting Member
ooooo how bout last night when the pats lost peyton was looking for tom all over but guess what HE WAS POUTING IN THE LOCKER ROOM! LT I <3 U
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 PM #57
elite_aim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
I would agree with most of your points had it not been for their behavior after the loss last night. If they wanted to change how they were being looked at after LT blasted them, then they should have acted with some class after a loss. To me, they were classless winners and classless losers. At some point you have to lok too the coach and say whats goin on here? Seems to me like the entire New England organization's heads are a little bigger then they should.
Yeah, I didn't hear anything about them walking off the field last night. Well, Brady's head's always been big, and Belichick has always been a grumpy old man. Whatever. As far as the organization, well, they made it alot farther than most thought they would.

I do have a problem with Brady and Belichick walking off the field without handshakes, but I have no problem whatsoever with the taunting against the Chargers. And if LT wants to skip the Probowl, fine with me. He will just make himself look bad.
| Boston Celtics
| Boston Bruins
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 PM #58
wgp04cocker
GunWhoreClub#6

wgp04cocker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Center50kid View Post
ooooo how bout last night when the pats lost peyton was looking for tom all over but guess what HE WAS POUTING IN THE LOCKER ROOM! LT I <3 U
That make absolutely no sense whatsoever..

So, let me get this straight:
You're making fun of Brady because he lost in the AFC championship game, even though in order to get there he beat LT and the chargers?

I keep on editing this trying to think of how to respond to that statement, but you just sound like an idiot.

Last edited by wgp04cocker : 01-22-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:26 PM #59
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SparkleIsBack View Post
Well, I would say my work place and that of an NFL Athlete is quite different. If someone spit in my face they would get a syringe full of Haldol and its lights out.

Anyway, no one spit on anyone, no one pushed anyone. They taunted the team that just lost. The loser needs to suck it up. Just like Brady will have to suck it up this week. LT just dragging it on and now this is just acting like a child.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 01-22-2007, 07:43 PM #60
oldskoolpbn
Legen...dary!

who watches the pro bowl anyways?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:50 PM #61
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't hear anything about them walking off the field last night. Well, Brady's head's always been big, and Belichick has always been a grumpy old man. Whatever. As far as the organization, well, they made it alot farther than most thought they would.

I do have a problem with Brady and Belichick walking off the field without handshakes, but I have no problem whatsoever with the taunting against the Chargers. And if LT wants to skip the Probowl, fine with me. He will just make himself look bad.

Its been viewed differently by alot of people so far. After the game, Peyton and the Colts walked to midfield to do the customary hand shake, and Belichick just kinda blew him off and walked right past him with another deadfish hand shake. As for Brady, he apparently was no where to be found at midfield, from what I understand he just walked off into the tunnel. Not sure what to make of it quite yet, I was too busy celebrating to actually see if they were there, I wish I had my goddamn TiVo, thats definatly a must this week......Either way, I think Brady and Belichick havent shown much class this postseason or regular season, I dont know what it is, but its hardly gone unnoticed.

Quote:

i do.

EDIT: Heres a link to the infamous article. Apparently LT never said he wouldnt play, he just said it be "interesting" whent he question came up.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...6chnotes2.html

Last edited by Fat Joe : 01-22-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 PM #62
Mr. SparkleIsBack
Viva La Nation

Mr. SparkleIsBack is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolpbn View Post
Not you so don't bother posting.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:14 PM #63
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

TO ALL THOSE SAYING TOM BRADY IS CLASSLESS!!!!

In the Boston Globe today, it said that Brady, Bruschi, and Faulk went into the Colts lockerroom after there celebration on the field to congratulate them. If you think Brady is classless, think again.

What do you expect from Belichick? He's not a soft guy, he's not going to go in for the sincere hug, all they need is a quick handshake.

Skillz