Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2016, 02:47 PM #1
KeyBump

Shocker SFT vision/eye on problem

I'm new to the old school shocker world. Have shot an owned PM6 as well as multiple rails. My issue is the gun, with vision on, will fire one ball, then chirp at me and not fire another one. Hopper is good, battery in gun is new and the gun fires absolutely great with the vision off. Like 15 BPS good. Everything seems to be cleaned as I am somewhat mechanically inclined and have tried cleaning everything. Still same problem. One shot, then a chirp. Vision off, rips through paint great. This doesn't bother me but would like both to work as it is a beautiful, good condition SFT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to upload a basic picture of it and serial number but it's throwing an error up. If you need a picture I can email it.

Kyle
KeyBump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2016, 03:12 PM #2
KeyBump

I forgot to mention that the gun is stock with the nerve board(dwell, rebound, and recharge settings) and an Upgraded HE bolt kit. Gun holds air fine and like in said fires perfect with the vision off.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:11 PM #3
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/sho...le_vision.html
All the possible causes and fixes for your eye issue are right there.

As for posting images here you have to host them say photobucket for example and copy & paste the IMG code.
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:20 PM #4
KeyBump

Ok got ya on the pictures. I've been on zdspb a lot in the last hour. Disassembled the gun, cleaned ribbon and eye. Did a test with the eye out of the hole and the LED will actually blink fast, allow a shot, I put my finger back over it, it reads it, LED blinks fast, allows another shot. and by shot I mean switch click. Just will not read it in the hole it goes in. Tried the angle adjustment as zdspb mentions in there and that wouldn't register my finger when in place and tight. Just outside. This is where I'm confused. Thanks for reading. I hope to get a few more chime ins from someone with a remedy they have used. I don't want to go drilling the hole out larger quite yet. But I am capable. I Will keep reading and trying though

Last edited by KeyBump : 07-11-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:44 PM #5
KeyBump

I'll give another update in case it helps but messing with the eye again trying to get it to read something else, my finger , anything really, its very intermittent. like if I pull it back, I accidentally let it go. the eye hit the metal and the LED went to blinking as if it was loaded. connections on upper board look to be good. Eye side to me looks iffy. Don't know it has just about burned out . I may try just another ribbon and see what it does. I know that May not help if its actually the metal inside blocking view.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:45 PM #6
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 is Boss
You did try a new battery I assume?

I have had ribbons in the past with my shockers that would register outside the body but not in like yours is doing. I just replaced the ribbon after trying everything else.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM #7
KeyBump

Ya definitely new battery. Always do as I know that is a number 1 priority. And I'm about to replace the ribbon here shortly. End of the week. You never found a reason as to why they did that? Just replaced them and then all was good?
Old 07-12-2016, 08:01 AM #8
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 is Boss
I never figured it out no. On a few of them I actually had to give the sensor a squeeze to read my fingers outside the body. I figured maybe the lens on the eye had gotten cloudy or something and was registering light properly.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:20 AM #9
KeyBump

Funny you say that. That's exactly what I have to do with mine. Squeeze it and it Will read my finger. Again I'll try another ribbon and hope that works. Heck if anything I'll find some one to machine the other side for BB eyes and get another lower board. Appreciate the responses though.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:53 PM #10
ICU117
ICU117

has been a member for 10 years
I had the same issue with mine. I tried cleaning the contacts of the eye with some electrical cleaner and it worked intermittently for a a little while. I had the same experience as you guys too. I'd press on the eye and it'd read my finger. Replaced the ribbon cable and it started working normally again.

Mine had some paint in between the eye and the ribbon cable, so I was thinking the paint being left on there for so long may have corroded the connections some. I still have the broken ribbon, and I may find an eye and solder it on to see if that fixes it.
68ci/4500psi pure energy
"Cry Havoc and let loose the dogs of war."~Caesar
ICU117 is offline   Reply With Quote