PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-21-2007, 03:48 PM #1
Halucin8

has been a member for 10 years
Dragun turned in to a blender

I played for the first time today with my T-1. Man i love that marker. at the end of the day i decided to try out the nitro mode. I put it on nitro 15. and it didn't work worth a crap. the bolt didn't seem to be traveling the complete path it should and i had 5 balls shoot out at one time when it finally traveled the whole thing. I messed with my lpr pressures and didnt' seem to help. I put it on semi 15 and let it rip and no problems. i probably will never use nitro in a game(woodsball) but was disappointed to see the results even set a t 15.

I was given a qev today. palmers max inlet psi is 500psi. wil this work for me and will it help with the above problem? or do i need a better lpr to help with the cycling fully?
eyes were off because they wouldnt' see my blue paint shells. they worked great with red and yellow paint though.
Dragunfire-TES Hpr,Polished
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...N FEEDBACK</b>
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2007, 04:20 PM #2
Agitator

you might be getting balls rolling past your ball detent. Are you using a force feed loader?

a qev and alamo city delrin ram will help with cycle times, btu I've had some weird happenings when using nitro mode. STOCK, that gat should cycle almost 20 bps.

If I were you, I'd put the qev on, clean and lube the ram, make sure the ram o-ring is sealing, and make sure there are no pinched tubes. Also- put a new battery in the gun.

The lpr could be the problem. I've had wicked fsdo with the stock lpr, as well as problems cycling the gun.

If I were you, I'd start with the cheapest first.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:30 PM #3
Halucin8

Roger that new orings and install qev since i have orings and qev is free. will look in to the delring ram and bolt later from alomocity. i have one of hteir bolts for my pilot and love it. so why not my T-1. thanx
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta
Old 01-21-2007, 05:02 PM #4
DarkeWolf

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that she didnt perform well in nitro mode.
Truth be told, my t-1 doesnt do well in nitro mode either. 18 is about as high as I can get mine to cycle correctly in nitro mode.

Didnt you manage to find one of those Autococker to T-1 lpr adaptors, Hal? If so, let me know and I'll send you a link to a seller on ebay that has got A/C tickler LPR's for sale, Realllllly cheap.

A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com www.scenariodreams.com
---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black---
---Dragun T-1 Black--Parts---
Old 01-21-2007, 05:43 PM #5
DarkeWolf

Sorry to double post, but I was just on over at pbr, and noticed that your sig over there, lists a spyder Fasta as your hopper. Which one did you have on it, the Fasta, or the Egg? If it was the Fasta, that would have been part of your problem, since they are only rated at a feedrate of about 14 bps.

---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
Old 01-21-2007, 07:20 PM #6
Halucin8

the fasta is rated at 30 I have the 18v lcd version
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta
Old 01-21-2007, 07:26 PM #7
Halucin8

i do not seem to have the right adaptors for the qev. it screws right in the marker but there is no way to hook a hose up to it. it needs another piece that screws in to that. either a slip fit fitting like the one that came ont it but shorter or i need to change all my hoses and then they will not fit in the grooves inthe grip frame any ideas on the fitting that i need. the qevs were bought of palmers-pursuit shop online. the barb i have for it is way to big.
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta
Old 01-21-2007, 08:26 PM #8
Agitator

after some more thought, I think it's your lpr or your hopper or a combination...
Old 01-21-2007, 08:28 PM #9
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agitator View Post
after some more thought, I think it's your lpr or your hopper or a combination...
Yes, it sounds like the LPR to me. No recharging fast enough, or not fully recharging.

I'd give it a good cleaning then go from there.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:30 PM #10
Halucin8

I do not believe the hopper is the problem. its drop rate was defintiely faster than my egg. the lpr could be the problem and darkwolf gave me some info where i will buy a new autocker lpr next weekend. i bought an adaptor for it already and it should be in the mail. I can switch to my egg next weekend but i just don't see the fasta being the problem. but i will try everything and go with what works i am easy.

edit- what lub is used in the lpr dow 33 or 55 or regular oil. thanks guys
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta
Old 01-21-2007, 08:51 PM #11
Agitator

are you runnin' co2? i saw that in your sig...

I use sleek lube, which is dow 33 basically- works fine. for an upgrade lpr, listen to what they say to lube that with
Old 01-21-2007, 09:04 PM #12
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Drop tests don't mean much. In the real world, your loader feeds about the same as a stock Halo. Which also isn't as fast as they say. Just never trust what speeds say on a spec sheet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agitator View Post
are you runnin' co2? i saw that in your sig...

I use sleek lube, which is dow 33 basically- works fine. for an upgrade lpr, listen to what they say to lube that with
Yep, Dow-33, or a mix of Dow-33, and oil (What I do for spring based inline regs [they're real name sleps my mind]). For the love of god, DON'T use Dow-55 unless you clean the marker a lot, and replace the O-rings a lot! You should have seen this Rock LPR I bought not long ago. The O-ring on the Piston was about four times the normal size, and had a gummy feel to it. It was sick really.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:53 PM #13
DarkeWolf

wooooops.....wth was I thinking, when I thought it was at 15 bps?
yah, the evo won't drop test very fast. especially if it's got the zboard. the zboard is programmed to match the speed the gun is shooting, and drop test results come out pretty crappy because of that.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:01 PM #14
Agitator

here's an idea... dryfire it...
or borrow a fast hopper at the field.

i bet it's teh lpr or a lube issue or a pinched tube
Old 01-22-2007, 05:27 AM #15
Halucin8

hd the grip frame off last night and no pinched tubes. will take apart the lpr i guess tonight ot tommorrow. any one have any instructions on that or just wing it and put it bck the way it came out.

edit- yes co2 but on a remote. Only option right now nd i know about the expansion rate and all that which is why i waited unitl thte end of the day and for only a short burts or to.
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta

Last edited by Halucin8 : 01-22-2007 at 05:28 AM. Reason: answer question
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 AM #16
Agitator

with the lpr, just unscrew the tip from the hex part. Reach into the round tip and pull the brass pin with needle nose pliers to remove the piston. After that, a spring will come out, along with a flat metal disc. Lube the piston o-rings with lube after you wiped the old lube off. Wipe the bore of the lpr out with a rag. Put the metal disc back, then the spring (lubed slightly), and then the piston, with the flat side going in first. Then, if you want, from the hexagonal half, remove the valve core thing (like in a car tire) with needle nose pliers. You can replace this piece with the actual core from a car tire~it is the valve for the regulator. then, after replacing the core, if you do that, screw teh two halves of the regulator together. back the adjuster out a bit to zero the reg. Air up, and go up to your desired pressure from there.

Sry for the "block" format of teh post
Old 01-22-2007, 03:05 PM #17
Halucin8

woohoo thank You is there a brand of lube that i can buy at say lowes or walmart or and autoparts store that is the same as dow 33? i can order some but really owuld like to get this done before sunday which is my next game.
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta
Old 01-22-2007, 03:31 PM #18
Agitator

any time

I tried findin' a good loob at wal mart and auto parts stores. I think a moly based grease from napa will work. i used that in a pinch and it was pretty good. In the long run, you should prob'ly snag a tube of the dow 33/sleek...
Old 01-22-2007, 03:31 PM #19
DarkeWolf

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post22653104 post #2 by Half-Step has a link to a forums that has a thing on how to do the lpr, and the valve behind it. I suggest replacing that too. Very easy to find part. Just go to anyplace that works on tires. Its the exact same valve as comes in the valvestem of just about every brand of auto tire made.
Oh, and you'd need the puller for that valve. Again, Extremely easy to find part.

You MIGHT be able to find dow33 at an autoparts store. However, be wary of whether its a penetrating grease or not. Penetrating grease...NOT good.
Not sure what walmart sells for paintball grease. however, it cant hurt to take a look thru their (limited) paintball section in the sporting goods department. A really good source of dow33 and dow55 is military surplus stores. Or ummmmmmm (the store for military personel...the PX??) if you or somebody you know has access.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:02 PM #20
Halucin8

that is interesting since i was in the marine corps and currently work on the base. so yes i have access to the px will it be sold under dow 33 or another name for the military?
Rebel-Half-backed(by me)
Black LCD Fasta
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM #21
Agitator

sick. yeah- wal mart sells a kit for changing the tire valve cores. it's like 88 cents or some shti. They give you four cores and a universal core changer tool in the automitive section...