Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-19-2014, 03:29 PM #1
RhythemFish

New Reg Wont Go Above 240 FPS

I have a completely stock Epiphany and put a Dye Hyper 3 on it.
With the new reg on though I can't get higher than 240 FPS.
I only have the blue chamber insert; would removing the insert give me the ability to get the FPS any higher? I do not have access to a chrono for awhile so I can't actually test if removing the insert will produce higher FPS. I'm just wondering if it's technically feasible.
RhythemFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 PM #2
Devlin123

the inserts are different thickness and to be used with higher pressures to produce faster cycling times. That said, even with no insert the can is still smaller than the stock ion can (which means it needs a higher input pressure than the stock ion to work with the same settings at the same FPS).

the inserts crap IMO, I have all three and I don't use them. The epiphany stock reg is the same as the ion's BUT with a stiffer spring -> it is meant for higher pressures.

BUT you can run the epiphany at the same pressures as the ion, you just need to remove all inserts and adjust your dwell. hope this helps.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 PM #3
Punisher068

Agree with Devlin,don't bother with using the inserts.A nice idea idea,they're pretty useless.
If you haven't already consider getting a QEV
Try setting the dwell up a few points also
You may consider using the stock reg also,the Hypers aren't any better than the stock reg
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:12 AM #4
Devlin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
the Hypers aren't any better than the stock reg
but they are oh so purdy.

IF i remember correctly the Luxe reg is the same as the ion's reg, only with a differently routed airintake. But in any case, they are actually really good (apart from being big, ugly and not adjustable with an allen key. which doesn't affect performance in the slightest)
Old 08-22-2014, 09:17 AM #5
RhythemFish

Thanks for all the input gents.
RhythemFish is offline   Reply With Quote