Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 04:30 PM #1
paintwraith666
only a master of pants...

has been a member for 10 years
Boycott brass eagle!

I hate brass eagle. I bought an avenger and when it broke i called them and they treated me like they didnt give a rats gluteus maximus! i am officially boycotting brass eagle and will never use my avenger again. besides i have a tippmann 98 custom now and when i have problems with that and call they treat me like they want to help at tippmann!

All who agree to boycott brass eagle please say so!

"I want Special K!!!" - Mike (immortalblaze99)

"silly nublet, hax are for leet's" - Mike

X Box Live Gamertag: Capt Slappywag
Old 03-03-2003, 04:54 PM #2
Housemaster
The Bread Head

Despite how much I love them, I must say they have some of the worst customer support I have ever seen. I'd boycott them but that includes Viewloader and JT, and I shoot a JT so...
Old 03-03-2003, 05:04 PM #3
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

yeh, make sure you dont wear JT pants....or goggles. oh, and you cant use a VL hopper either
Old 03-03-2003, 05:07 PM #4
Housemaster
The Bread Head

Exactly. I'm sure 80% of people on this forum probably wear some sort ot JT product (masks, gloves, pants, etc) and about 50% uses a Revvy, Egg or VL200, so that's hard to do.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:00 AM #5
I_like_welts
Ka~Splat

Crap I use a VL200 for woods ball
So only one thing left 2 do.

Smash everything BE lol
My friend has 2 avengers (one for his brother)
and while they maight shoot one or both takes about an hour or two to get ready for the game!!! Either u had to warm their tanks uo for an hour on the gun or you had to take it apart and totally clean it.
Never ever relieble, about as consistent as a politician
I will definately boycott BE's guns.

I mean come on BE, at least make the majority of your guns cost at least half a case. (if you're lucky thats all u can get out of most of em)
Old 03-04-2003, 09:55 AM #6
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
I am not going to lie. I did not understand 1 word you just said.

If you get confused just listen to the music play.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:39 AM #7
jetstorm66
Hatchet Ryda

you know BE ant the only company out there what shatty customer service. I hear Smart Parts is hard to deal with and there's gotta be other PB companies with bad relations.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:43 PM #8
impy85

the thing about smart parts is that they dont have gun problems very often so they dont have very good tech service. i ask the owner of the local paintball shop all my impulse questions. he's an expert at that gun in particular. i will admit their service is very slow though.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:48 PM #9
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
if your local airsmith cannot fix an avenger then he isnt a airsmith.

If you get confused just listen to the music play.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:41 PM #10
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Quote:
if your local airsmith cannot fix an avenger then he isnt a airsmith
I guess that is the basic problem.

To be honest, I think all of BE's products are a good value.
THe problem is that everything needs maintenence, and the average "new" player tends to lack the skills needed to maintain a paintball gun.
The average "new" player also tends to be attracted to BE guns because of there low price.
They also tend to buy there guns at Walmart/Kmart/etc because its cheaper, and more accessable.

So, what happens is the 'new' player doesnt take care of his gun. It breaks down. Takes it to Walmart. They say "call the company", but there is not much the company can do over the phone, so the user gets frustrated.

What the new kid should of done was bought it at a local paintball store. It would of cost slightly more, but would usually come with free "tune-ups" and a real warranty. Some fields will also demonstate how the gun works, and how to clean it.

My point is that BEs customer service is about average in the industry. There is plenty worse. The problem is that the average BE owner doesnt understand what he is buying.

I know because I've worked at many fields, and saw this every week.

Nick
Old 03-04-2003, 08:34 PM #11
wadd

You've just got to remember, Brass Eagle markers are designed to get people in the sport. They're not designed to win the world cup. Don't complain about the quality of a marker that is responsible for 90% of all paintball players being in the sport. my first marker was a stingray 2. If it wasn't for BE, I wouldn't be in the sport. Be doesn't make markers with unbelievable quality. If they did, they'd be more expensive. BE"s goal is to make cheap markers, so people can get in the sport.
Jeremy
Old 03-04-2003, 11:17 PM #12
I_like_welts
Ka~Splat

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottQ
I am not going to lie. I did not understand 1 word you just said.
crap, now that i read it i dont really get what the heck it says, just kinda going off on a tangent
Old 03-06-2003, 08:53 PM #13
paintwraith666

by the way it did get fixed by my local airsmith at the cost of about 25 bucks to me for the orings and valve parts from BE!

Old 03-06-2003, 08:57 PM #14
paintwraith666

By the way my tippy is way better and i am gettin a cocker soon!

Old 03-06-2003, 09:36 PM #15
Kevmaster

$25 for a gun repair isnt too much. $15 is a MINIMUM charge at most palces for labor, plus parts...thats ot bad at all. youll be seeing MUCH MUCH higher bills with that cocker man
Old 03-07-2003, 02:31 PM #16
blackxknight (Banned)

you get what you pay for it you got it for $100 there is a reason its that cheap. eventually youll realize if you want a better gun you have to pay more money. whether thats upgrading you existing gun or buying a new better gun you have to pay money for better stuff thats just the way it is and i too started on a BE Silver Eagle and a few things busted but nothing i couldnt fix w/ a lil reseach. i still like BE SE
Old 03-07-2003, 03:18 PM #17
proballer
Newbie Basher

Annual Supporting Member
proballer is a Supporting Member
proballer is a founding member
Heres my complant with Brass Eagle also including Spyders and syder clones with this. You say that you get what you pay for they make the guns to get people started in the wonderful sport of paintball. Well the way I see it is that all they are trying to do is make money with no regrade as to how it hurts the sport insteed of helping it. I feel that they also trun more people away from paintball than they bring into it. Now let me explain way. Just about any kid (younger person, and allot of adults) own a so called paintball gun (a BE or spyder) that they have purcahsed from wal mart. Now most of these people that buy these guns do not ever play at a field with a crono. Now this is were the problems start. Most of these guns (all that I have chacked) are shotting at 300+fps out of the box, and when lets say little Billy goes out in his back yard and plays paintball with hi younger brother and one of them gets shot whats going to happen? Well first off mom is going to see what happen and never let them play again. And little Billy is never going to know why it hurt so much, hes just going to know that it did and is not going to paly any more. At the fields that I work at in order to get these gund to shoot under 300fps I have to take them apart and cut the drive spring. This brings me to the next problem allot of these guns will not recock if you cut the spring. And the gun owner get all upset at me for screwing up his gun so I will end up letting him use one free of charge untill they can take it back. On a side not here at our local wal mart they sold the same red avenger to at least 3 different people. I know because I cut the spring for the first owner.
So this is my biggest complant with them. I do not feel that they care at all about the sport other than to make money. So I am all about boycotting BE and all other semilar companys.
And no I do not use any BE. View Loader or Jt products and never will
Old 03-07-2003, 03:30 PM #18
Kevmaster

well...heres the other side

1) if you were a share holder of BE, you wouldnt care if BE helped or hurt the sport. like EVERY corporation in America, they are there to make $$$. BE grossed 105m last year. profited around 10m. Thats a damn nice number. Theyre doing it better than everyone else. So, diss them all you wnat, complain that they suck all you want, theyre doing better than any other company out there

2) BE does get people into the sport. I know ~15 people at my school who play/have played paintball. 13 of them started with a Stingray or Talon. This is not just a single phenominon. BE sets all their markers to under 275fps out of the box running on 850psi N2.(now, with CO2, that CAN change) As manager of a field, i saw TONS of people bring BE markers down to the field and play. more than people with angels or cockers
Old 03-07-2003, 03:32 PM #19
blackxknight (Banned)

first of all little billy shouldnt be shooting his little brother but a spyder and if the kid cant take 300 then he has no idea what he in for because co2 on a bad reg + sombody who dosent know what there doing can hit alot harder than that. if the kid dosent know why it hurt than he shouldnt shoot a pbgun and needs to learn how to opperate a gun before he starts shoooting ppl
Old 03-07-2003, 05:23 PM #20
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Quote:
I feel that they also turn more people away from paintball than they bring into it
What exactly did BE do wrong? You have it backwards.

I 'think' you are trying to argue that BE is bad because dumb people buy them and hurt themselves with BE products becuase they are the most accessable.

How is this BE's fault? I just watched the movie 8-mile, and it has Eminem shooting at pedestrians with a Tippmann.
Tippmanns are also sold at WalMart-
HOLY CRAP!!! We have to boycott Tippmann now!!! Stop the Press!! Think of the children!! OH the humanity!!

Plus, BE guns come with MORE safety features and instructions then the average gun. (Some even come with videos!!). They are doing exactly what they should be doing. Your argument doesnt make any sense.

You can't blame WalMart either. You have to be 18 to buy paintball stuff at WalMart, so the local idiot needs his parents to buy his gun.
If he shoots out his eye, then BLAME THE PARENTS. They are the ones were are supposed to be responsable.

OK.. I'm done now.

nick
Old 03-07-2003, 09:22 PM #21
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevmaster
yeh, make sure you dont wear JT pants....or goggles. oh, and you cant use a VL hopper either
V-force and Halo!

Already in a better boat!

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!

Last edited by Meph : 03-07-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Closed Thread