Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 PM #22
xtraking
oh yes...

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
Look I was giving advice based on playing 5A Texas HS Football. Im 5'5'' and since close to 3/4 of the running backs I played against are going D1, I had to tackle them because they always went for the "short guy." Yes, I have never played rugby. Sue me, I was trying to help.

Quit trying to flex your nuts.
Oh the ironing.
You never played rugby; therefore, you can't instruct somebody how to do a RUGBY TACKLE.

Did i ever say you can't lift? hmmmm

Washington Capitals Baltimore RavensWBS Penguins
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 PM #23
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraking View Post
Oh the ironing.
You never played rugby; therefore, you can't instruct somebody how to do a RUGBY TACKLE.

Did i ever say you can't lift? hmmmm
Man I wish the sports were similar. Gee that would be swell.....what does lifting have to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagyk View Post
Yes I flex my nuts but you dont when you feel the need to say you play nothing but d1 players. Congratulations on being a hypocrite.
It was to guage the level I played on because D1 is a universal standard and to bring some legitamacy to my advice. It wasnt bragging. You guys are acting like playing rugby and merely being involved with it somehow makes you a better person.

Last edited by _V_ : 01-18-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:49 PM #24
chinesefood
The Name's Tom Lee

well thanks for the advice everyone, got a 2 day tournament at UCLA this weekend. Hope we do alright
Old 01-19-2007, 01:00 AM #25
BlackMagyk
Now Twice The Flavor

What's the name of your club/team?

Cal Bears

San Fransisco 49ers
Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 AM #26
chinesefood
The Name's Tom Lee

South Orange County Gators, where do you play? You said something about burbank so ur kinda local.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:57 PM #27
BlackMagyk
Now Twice The Flavor

I play JV for Jesuit.

Cal Bears

San Fransisco 49ers
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM #28
xtraking
oh yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
Man I wish the sports were similar. Gee that would be swell.....what does lifting have to do with this?
You said to lift the guy, and i said if you lift you will get a penalty, and might even got thrown out of a game.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:53 PM #29
mitcheal_thornhill78 (Banned)

A little off topic... but

I wish I knew how this game was played. I've seen hit highlights from random games, and they were like football hits, but no pads. It LOOKS like soccer but w/o all the sissy *** kicking, and with hitting.... I got alot of respect for the players
Old 01-19-2007, 05:42 PM #30
xtraking
oh yes...

Believe me, half the peopel who play probably dont know the rules. Me being somewhat of a vet, still do not know everything about the sport.
Basically tis 15 players per team on a field at once. You got the 8 scrummers, scrumhalf, and then the 7 backs. You can only pass it backwards, if you drop a pass forward it is called a knock on whcih means the other team gets the ball and you have to rush and get 10 meters back or its another penalty. You score by touching the ball down in the trizone (endzone in football). You get 5 points per tri, and then each fieldgoal is 2 points. It is alot of fun, a game of brotherhood not just fat punks as what it can be seen as. The thing is, in MOST leagues, they do not allow any subs until the half is over unless injury. You run constantly, when thers a penalty it takes 5 seconds for the game to start up again, so you gotta be in as good as shape as a wrestler is, if not more.
The scrummer positions are 2 props, a hooker, 2 locke's, 2 flankers, and an 8 man. Theres a scrum half, then the backs go, flyhalf, inside and outside center, 2 wings and a full back.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:50 PM #31
mitcheal_thornhill78 (Banned)

I can understand most of it, relating it to football. sounds fun.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:10 PM #32
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Yes I flex my nuts but you dont when you feel the need to say you play nothing but d1 players. Congratulations on being a hypocrite.
of course, he had to say that. Look at what you said, you said that he wasn't playing good enough competition, and that his technique wouldn't work when playing against who you played, its only natural for him to rebut that and say that the competition he played against was just as good as yours.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 01-19-2007, 08:29 PM #33
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraking View Post
You said to lift the guy, and i said if you lift you will get a penalty, and might even got thrown out of a game.
I thought you meant weight lifting. Thats kinda gay tho. Rugby is tough but still, Id get pissed at that rule.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:31 PM #34
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Last game I played there was this huge guy on the other team that would just run through everyone, so he was comin up to me, and I just let him knock me over, but I grabbed his jersey and put my foot in his stomach and flipped him over top of me. It was pretty dope.

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 PM #35
BlackMagyk
Now Twice The Flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
of course, he had to say that. Look at what you said, you said that he wasn't playing good enough competition, and that his technique wouldn't work when playing against who you played, its only natural for him to rebut that and say that the competition he played against was just as good as yours.
No. He is talking about lifting people in a tackle. I mentioned Burbank. Burbank is a team of Samoans and Tongans. Their entire pack of forwards each weighs anywhere from 240-300+ lbs. Try lifting that. I never said he wasnt playing good competition, I said he wasnt playing the type of competition that is invulnerable to being lifted off of the ground. In football a 300 lb player usually doesnt run it, therefore you dont have the same issues.

Cal Bears

San Fransisco 49ers
Old 01-20-2007, 04:37 PM #36
THOR4LIFE
Ka Mate, Ka Ora

Bout time we got another rugby thread going.

Xtra know's what he is talking about. You want to plant your head at hip and wrap him up hard. I also tend to twist him when I hit to help get him off balence.
Get over it
Old 01-20-2007, 05:20 PM #37
xtraking
oh yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR4LIFE View Post
Xtra know's what he is talking about. You want to plant your head at hip and wrap him up hard. I also tend to twist him when I hit to help get him off balence.
Exactly

Old 01-20-2007, 05:45 PM #38
ProjectJanus (Banned)
FLCL?

ProjectJanus helped look for balloons
ProjectJanus is for the Gunfight
BlackMagyk, isn't Jesuit the number 2 highschool rugby team in the country? I saw last year Jesuit play against a team from Texas for the National Highschool Championship at Dartmouth. That was an incredible match.

I play for a New England prep school team. I'm the starting Hooker, and I switch to Flanker or Prop every once and a while. It's really hard to find teams to play against up here so we usually have to travel a while for our matches. We play against Dartmouth's freshmen side, though.

As for the tackling part, break down and get low so you can move either direction if the guy is trying to get around you. I typically wrap my arms around the guys knees to collapse them so he can't run anymore; then I put my head right on his hip, closer to his *** cheek. I push my body in the direction that he is running as I use my shoulders and my head to bring him to the ground. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PUT YOUR BODY ACROSS HIS LEGS. I learned that the hard way. If your on the right side, wrap up and bring him down on that side, if you try to put your body across his legs to bring him down on the left side you will get a knee to the face or the side of the head wich sucks so damn much.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:03 PM #39
BlackMagyk
Now Twice The Flavor

Jesuit won the national championship last year in 2006, 2004, and 1999. All of the other wins have been Highlands, an Islander team from Utah.

Cal Bears

San Fransisco 49ers
Old 01-20-2007, 08:25 PM #40
ProjectJanus (Banned)
FLCL?

ProjectJanus helped look for balloons
ProjectJanus is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Jesuit won the national championship last year in 2006, 2004, and 1999. All of the other wins have been Highlands, an Islander team from Utah.
Yeah, Jesuit is pretty amazing. I couldn't believe any of the kids were actually in highschool, most of them looked 25. That match was actually awesome.