PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 PM #1
Easy-E

Air leaking out the hole in the rear cap

This is probably a problem that every DM or PM owner has already experienced. There is air leaking out of the hole in my Hybrid bolt cap and it is leaking so fast that my matrix doesn't have enough pressure to fire. I have changed both the o-rings on the end of my bolt (I even tried this twice) and it is still leaking. When I decided to try a larger size of o-rings the leak stopped but there was so much drag on the bolt that it couldn't cycle completely.

If anyone had this same problem and found the solution to it please let me know.

Peace out,
Easy-E
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2007, 10:50 PM #2
Aydo
VV THAT IS ME VV

turn up your in-line reg, and see if that helps.

XSI SPONSORS:
||VELOCITY PAINTBALL||WPN PAINTBALLS||

Old 01-10-2007, 11:18 PM #3
Easy-E

I tried that and it didn't work. As a matter of fact the air leaks out faster when the reg is turned out.

I understand that if there is not enough air in the reg to fire the gun it will be released out the back but that's not the problem because my tank is full.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:28 AM #4
phat4life07
Purdue Engineering!

do you have the manual? if you look in the manual it tells you what o-ring size those two are. and what type of lube are you using? i usually use normal lithium grease ($2.99 from your local hardware store) they are thicker than normal pb gun lube.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 AM #5
strik3r (Banned)
v zoink is a GiNgEr v

put your stock bolt cap on
Old 01-11-2007, 01:39 PM #6
paintball4life1909

ok i had this problem first thing i would do is if ur using bad lube this could be the problem so try using some slick honey on all the orings if this doesnt work try replacing the top hat o ring is that doesnt work take out you hybrid guide and put the sotck one in it c if it works anyway hope this helped
Old 01-11-2007, 02:15 PM #7
Robot Mania FU

I know this may sound weird to you, but try replacing the rear of the two o-rings on the outside of the bolt guide.

Jah Army
Old 01-12-2007, 12:15 AM #8
Easy-E

Problem solved The techs at my local proshop fixed the leak. They told me that I was not putting enough grease on my bolt and it was deteriorating the o-rings and possibly the bolt cap. I don't understand because I put a lot of grease on my bolt (or I suppose I do) but it's not slick lube; it's old DOW 33 grease. Does the kind of grease used in a gun really affect the air seals around the bolt?

Oh and thanks everyone for helping me with my gun-leak issue.