Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-09-2007, 07:33 PM #1
AlphaPaintballRef
Member: Church Militant

AlphaPaintballRef supports Bob Gurnsey
AlphaPaintballRef plays in the APPA D4 division
Quest leak issue

Hey, boys. I just got a quest in a trade and I must say, I'm very impressed with the size, feel, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to shoot it properly because when I air it up, there is a massive leak from down the barrel. If I stop the airflow the leak also stops and I can fire one slow shot. I'm unsure of the settings (I'm asking the previous owner now) and my tank is a hp pure energy. I checked the internals and there is no cracking or anything, and everything is well lubed. One thing that may or may not have anything to do with it is that the right side of the breech is scored considerably, wheras the left side still has an immaculate anno. I did not change the battery, so if it is applicable, it may be the culprit. My LPR is at 60, which is low, but I don't want to mess with anything before I get some solid advice. I'm new to quests so try to bear with me. Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited by AlphaPaintballRef : 01-09-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2007, 08:04 PM #2
The EastCoast Kid
chicka chicka yeahh

dose the bolt shoot forward? and the lpr spike up? could be as simple as o-rings/bad battery or as problimatic as a cracked/broken bolt(well.. not really becasue FEP would probably hook you up)

i am mclovinnnn
Old 01-09-2007, 08:16 PM #3
AlphaPaintballRef

Quote:
Originally Posted by The EastCoast Kid View Post
dose the bolt shoot forward? and the lpr spike up? could be as simple as o-rings/bad battery or as problimatic as a cracked/broken bolt(well.. not really becasue FEP would probably hook you up)
Yes, the LPR jumps to about 120 when I air it up, but then immediately goes down to 60-same when I turn the air off. The bolt does not shoot forward.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:44 PM #4
jeffreyjames

check your bolt and pin orings for wear. you could also take apart the lpr and see if the spring is soft(needs replacing if it is...call fep). definitely try a fresh battery as well, that can be a cheap fix for some problems.

"Originally posted by QuencyJones16: It is not the making of a resume' that is hard, it is actually getting those achievements to actually put on it that take time."

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:48 PM #5
Sagg
FEP FTW!!!

Sagg is a Supporting Member
Fresh Batteries, Check your o-rings and lpr spring, raise lpr

The thing that is the problem on your breach is probably from a cracked GM bolt the gun might have witnessed but you shouldn't have a problem
Old 01-10-2007, 07:58 AM #6
AlphaPaintballRef

There have been some developments on the leak issue, but the problem remains. Firstly, I don't actually think the leak was coming from down the barrel, it might have been from the solenoid. I contacted the owner and he said to try raising the regulator because he had it almost flush when he sent it to me. I turned it in a few threads and tried again. The leak was significantly diminished and so I tried firing a shot just to see if something needed seating. The shot was extremely loud and the bolt stuck forward. Nothing would happen if I pulled the trigger, etc. There was still a small leak, but it definitely was from down the barrel. When I would turn the air off the bolt would eventually slide back into position and I could fire normally for about a shot (until the residual air was used up). Any more ideas? Thanks for all the help in round one.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:11 AM #7
AlphaPaintballRef

Ok, nevermind, I got the leak issue resolved. When the hpr was too low, I had turned up the lpr. Then I raised the hpr and forgot to lower the lpr so it was venting-I'm stupid. Thanks for all of your help guys.