The Flood and the Ark. - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 PM #43
alex06
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DC Metro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
9. it's still here, there is enough water in the polar caps and oceans to cover a smooth earth probably about 8000 feet. I also believe that the large mountains, as we have them today, did not exist until after the Flood.
So they just sprung out of the ground sometime within the last 4000 years? I guess you can believe anything if you say god told you to.
__________________
"Originally posted by automagwarrior: So you left the doctors office without asking him, to come home and ask the internet. Brilliant."
alex06 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2007, 10:52 PM #44
graysonp
Me = Awesome
 
graysonp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern KY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex06 View Post
So they just sprung out of the ground sometime within the last 4000 years?
That's the beauty of seismic and tectonic movemnet. Mountains can just spring up out of the ground in a short period of time. They don't grow up from a baby mountain seed.
graysonp is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:03 AM #45
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid
 
TESlight'emupTES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: VA
 has been a member for 10 years
TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
*bangs head on desk* yes, 100% because you still would have to have FAR more genetic displacement than 2 breeders to evolve into more breeds.
You still didn't answer my question. You said "yes", but I said "how are you sure they didn't evolve?" However, if that's not enough for you, let's look at your example here. You spoke of the Northwestern American Spotted Owl. Notice the bolded word there? Yes, that's right, American. The Americas didn't exist and hadn't even thought to exist during the time of the Noahic flood. Since that's the only example you cite, I must be right. They must have evolved from other breeds of owls, since "America" clearly didn't exist thousands of years ago.
TESlight'emupTES is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 AM #46
907ak (Banned)
 
907ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
That's the beauty of seismic and tectonic movemnet. Mountains can just spring up out of the ground in a short period of time. They don't grow up from a baby mountain seed.
if that was the case, they would have only small amounts of geological layers instead of the thousands that they actually do have.
907ak is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:58 AM #47
Nalayah
.
 
Nalayah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: -563-
So explain to me why we have paper documents dating back to before this time and there is no other form of documentation supporting this?

Along with other forms of dating including carbon-14, sedimentary layers, et cetera, that disprove the timeline of the Bible?

Please answer that and I'll start considering the idea that Noah lived to be hundreds of years old, no other civilization was affected by the "flood" (supports the theory, or generally agreed upon stance in truly scientific communities), and other logical mishaps.

And I once again ask that you provide the formula and resources you used to determine how much the oceans would rise from the melting of the ice caps. Did God also melt those?
__________________
Was a medic

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Nalayah is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 AM #48
907ak (Banned)
 
907ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
dont you think the people studying ice cores in antarctica would have found something by now?

seeing as they have dug in some cases over 3,000 feet deep.


Quote:
Originally Posted by talkorigins.org
From the data gathered from the Vostok ice-core indicates that the minimum age of the earth is 160,000 +- 15,000 years. Furthermore there exists approximately 33% of additional ice below the core sample which would hold a disproportionate number of years due to thinning of the ice layers under the tremendous pressure of the ice above it.

To maintain an age for the earth of 50,000 years, one would need to describe a mechanism that allows more than 2 false ice layers to form per year. It should be noted that one also needs to describe why this mechanism has ceased to function in historic times since the Vostok ice-core demonstrates a number of the historically recorded volcanism at the correct periods of time.

ADDITION: "To the list of things excluded, you can add miles-high tides or floods. (Velikovsky and the Noachian deluge). Such a mass of water would have provided sufficient buoyancy to float the polar caps off their beds. No way to drop them exactly back onto their original location, or to regrow them. (In fact, the Greenland ice cap would not regrow under modern (last 10 ky) climatic conditions
that must be all science mumbo jumbo, and those ice cores must be fake.
907ak is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 01:34 AM #49
907ak (Banned)
 
907ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
id also like to point out that zero out of the thousands of the scientists studying/or have studied ice cores in antarctica, have found anything relating to a worldwide flood.
907ak is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 AM #50
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
id also like to point out that zero out of the thousands of the scientists studying/or have studied ice cores in antarctica, have found anything relating to a worldwide flood.
That is the way of christians. Ignore anything that contradicts the bible.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:49 AM #51
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
id also like to point out that zero out of the thousands of the scientists studying/or have studied ice cores in antarctica, have found anything relating to a worldwide flood.
Some Christian's don't belive in a world-wide flood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
That is the way of christians. Ignore anything that contradicts the bible.
That is the way of the athiest, just ignore the possibility that there are different viewpoints on the interpretation of scripture that don't contradict science.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 11:35 AM #52
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
The Americas didn't exist and hadn't even thought to exist during the time of the Noahic flood. Since that's the only example you cite, I must be right. They must have evolved from other breeds of owls, since "America" clearly didn't exist thousands of years ago.
yea because the north american continent didnt exist before 1492 right.

Are you seriously THAT ignorant? America has nothing to do with the name of the owl What in the blue hell are they teaching you kids in school today
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 03:04 PM #53
gwac
 
 
gwac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
The Americas didn't exist and hadn't even thought to exist during the time of the Noahic flood. Since that's the only example you cite, I must be right. They must have evolved from other breeds of owls, since "America" clearly didn't exist thousands of years ago.

You meant a dodgy after that right, please tell me right since that is possibly one of the most ignorant things i have EVER heard.
"Hey cleatus, wana plant some continents?"
"Hells yes lets do it now"
gwac is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 03:32 PM #54
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwac View Post
You meant a dodgy after that right, please tell me right since that is possibly one of the most ignorant things i have EVER heard.
"Hey cleatus, wana plant some continents?"
"Hells yes lets do it now"
You do know it was very recently that secular scientist began believing the continents were formed seprerately right? They used to think all the continents were formed at one point and slowly seperated.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 03:39 PM #55
gwac
 
 
gwac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
So in 4000 years 25 percent of the earth grew and had life that dated millions of years ago?
gwac is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 03:53 PM #56
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Maybe you missed it, SECULAR scientists.
Not only that, many Christians do not believe in a global flood.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 03:57 PM #57
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
You do know it was very recently that secular scientist began believing the continents were formed seprerately right? They used to think all the continents were formed at one point and slowly seperated.
and you realise that the breakup of the "supercontinent" was 3-9 MILLION years before man even set showed signs of being around.

Current study shows alot of points along the edges of the contenents match up, and certan kinds of mineral deposits line up quite well with each other, hinting that at one time, they were all pressed together.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 04:02 PM #58
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
and you realise that the breakup of the "supercontinent" was 3-9 MILLION years before man even set showed signs of being around.

Current study shows alot of points along the edges of the contenents match up, and certan kinds of mineral deposits line up quite well with each other, hinting that at one time, they were all pressed together.
Here. http://www.astrobio.net/news/article1782.html

I don't hold that man has been around for millions of years, nor do I hold the position that the Earth is 6000 years.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 04:07 PM #59
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Here. http://www.astrobio.net/news/article1782.html

I don't hold that man has been around for millions of years, nor do I hold the position that the Earth is 6000 years.
Intresting, but it doesnt explain the presence of trarace elements apon conetental shelfs that match the signature of ones on other landmasses that match up in shape somewhat.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 04:17 PM #60
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
I don't know???
I just keep up with as much science as I can, particularily physics. If you research their formation ideas and find anything that sticks out please feel free to pm me. (I like all types of science) Also for you evolutionists, if their theory holds then it would present a more feasable climate for primodial Earth.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 06:10 PM #61
wasssup
GO CLEMSON and WAKE!!!
 
wasssup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
1. only god knows
2. god made it sea worthy
3. everyone
4. yep
5. 40 days and 40 nights
6. god fed them
7. like 2
8. god helped
9. god took it
dude those arrent good answers
__________________
]
wasssup is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 06:21 PM #62
907ak (Banned)
 
907ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
wow.
907ak is offline  
Old 01-09-2007, 06:24 PM #63
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
You still didn't answer my question. You said "yes", but I said "how are you sure they didn't evolve?" However, if that's not enough for you, let's look at your example here. You spoke of the Northwestern American Spotted Owl. Notice the bolded word there? Yes, that's right, American. The Americas didn't exist and hadn't even thought to exist during the time of the Noahic flood. Since that's the only example you cite, I must be right. They must have evolved from other breeds of owls, since "America" clearly didn't exist thousands of years ago.
Are you talking about the continent didn't exist or was not discovered.
If you are talking about the continent didn't exist.. it didn't exist 190 millions years ago and after that became america.
http://www.kaibab.org/geology/gc190mya.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasssup View Post
dude those arrent good answers
he is kidding
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump