rudy13

has been a member for 10 years
thanks a bunch timebomb... much appreciated
~Del
Old 02-27-2003, 11:23 AM #3
bhamripper
Banned

hey what teams are still with stp? i have been hearing everyone is dropping out since they are working more then they are getting out of it.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:39 PM #4
rudy13

Not sure what teams are actually left.
As far as I know J-Dogg only cut 1 team because they were terrible at reffing and didn't show up when they were supposed to.

As for as not getting enough out of it I dunno. I know that I'm only required to ref one weekend every month but I often ref more because teams don't show up or something and I don't mind helping out, plus they hook me up with whatever.

And really how much are you supposed to 'put in'? How many rookie teams are sponsored? And how is it work when you are doing what you enjoy anyways? Granted I'd rather be playing but if I can't play I like reffing as watching others play makes me a better player. And as for setting up and taking down the fields, I look at them as my fields and if I wanted to practice on my field at home, I'd have to set it up and take it down anyways. The only thing that might be less than fun is reffing walk on's but for that we get paint. So I don't find it too bad a deal.

If it weren't for the fact that if you are sponsored by STP you can't play the throwdowns I'd suggest you guys try and work something out. You still might want to look into it as you guys are good enough. If youare really interested I'd talk to Cedar and have him talk to Jeff as they know eachother a bit already. Unless you have a sponsorship thing going on already.

Later all
~Del
Old 02-27-2003, 04:57 PM #5
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

I was sponsored, but then my team collapsed. Thats how we "dropped" it lol..... personally i liked not having to pay to play

~MATT
Old 02-27-2003, 09:55 PM #6
bhamripper
Banned

we are looking at some out side sponsors, but as of now we are not paying at all to play everything has been covered from our winnings. I just said that cuz i heard some complaining from some other people names not going to be said. Just wondering what was going on.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:52 AM #7
ong27

Question How the Fu*@ did u get this....

....scrawny little tourney on this forum? lol. Just kidding.

I was just surprised to see STP as a category on Tournament talk. Maybe if Geoff builds more fields then we could have NPPL S7 make a tourney stop in the NW. -yeah, baby.

Hey, Del(Rudy13) is right on. The sponsorship is NOT as demanding as what folks think. Heck, i remember last year being sponsored by STP and having to set up/break down & ref every freakin weekend!! Atleast now STP has a schedule for the teams. Just check the Calendar section on the STP website.

I'll cya on the field Del....aka Gimpy numba two.

Peace y'all,

Greg aka OG(Original Gimpy)