PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 PM #1
DeltaX

DP selling refurbished guns as new??

Hi all, thought that this was kind of interesting. BTW, I'm not bashing
DP (I love my new fusion), I just thought I'd put this out there.
Basically I ordered a new V2 fusion from crazyballer a month ago. The poppit was not making a good seal or something and had to be lubed. Well, the front frame screw unscrewed no sweat but the back screw was obviously already stripped because I could not get the allen key to grip the screw head(using same size key as used on front screw) I also visually saw the screw was stripped. I then sent it off to DP and eventually they send me a new gun. Here are a lot of differences I noticed between the 2 markers' upon arival:

GUN 1. no macroline included (wasnt really a problem, i had a spare from my bko)
GUN 2. maroline included

GUN 1. Barrel condom not neatly placed like in gun 2
GUN 2. Barrel condom placed neatly in package

GUN 1. No bag for allen key set
GUN 2. Incuded bag for allen key set(I guess you can use the bag for small parts that are easily lost as well)

GUN 1. Manual and warranty card placed in BOTTOM of gun package, had to search for the manual and warranty card.
GUN 2. Manual and warranty card placed neatly in TOP of package, for a nice presentation

GUN 1. (MAIN DIFFERENCE) Ram is already pre-lubed (with a fair amount), with shocker lube, I read in the "What lube should I use for a fusion thread" or something like that, that when the fusions are teched they are lubed up with shocker lube before sent back.
GUN 2. Ram NOT pre-lubed with shocker lube, lightly lubed at that.

Well anyways, just thought I'd put this out there, and I'm not trying to bash DP. The fusion is a great gun and they have excellent customer service. I will be keeping my fusion, however I thought this was thread worthy.

Anyways, your thoughts??

--Black DP Fusion v2, stock

BlAh!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2007, 02:21 PM #2
Barnhill
MOBIN in a town near you!

Maybe it was a mistake.

They happen at times. I remember that Sears sold my bicycle to another customer when I had it in there for warranty maintenance. SO even big companies can make mistakes.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams
Old 01-04-2007, 03:34 PM #3
ownage312
Hi There!

All markers are tested. So you might not know if they were placed bag incorrectly. But nothing major is missing.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 PM #4
J-MoNeY916
Call me poopian

Maybe they shot it and played around with it before you got it. You can't blame DP if you got it through someone else, you don't know what the store might have done with it before shipping it to you.

Another thing, why do you care how neatly someone placed a barrel condom in your box, you are going to take it out anyways. Same for the warranty card/manual.

These "differences" do not mean that your gun was refurbed. Just has to do with who opened or packaged your gun.

If the gun was refurbed they would have replaced all the damaged parts before sending it out.... they wouldn't over look a stripped screw, they would replace it.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:32 PM #5
Arstron
fusionowners.org

I didnt get a bag for my allen wrenches
For Sale: Carter Custom Mini Comp - Tequila Fade Emag
WTB your broken DP markers.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:44 PM #6
DPFusion

Dangerous Power NEVER sells used guns.. only TESTED ones!

All the inconsistencies you've mentioned are a direct result of TESTING MARKERS. We will make sure the techs are a bit 'neater' next time!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:12 PM #7
fds (Banned)

my allan wrench didn't come with a bag either to no bag
Old 01-04-2007, 07:43 PM #8
xYodax
TopGun

xYodax plays in the PSP
xYodax helped look for balloons
i got no bag

Just Enough Fela
Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 PM #9
bunkerbuster68
89 Lincoln Mark VII

i dident get a little bag either
Champion Paintball
AKA bunkerbuster007
Old 01-04-2007, 09:26 PM #10
DeltaX

LoL, all you guys should tell DP you want a plastic bag now! It's only the coolest thing ever. Anyways, just wanted to see what everyone thought of that. No hard feelings. Well, time to go study for my physics mid term, yay

BlAh!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:28 PM #11
DeltaX

BTW, anyone know why pbnation still has no fusion sub forum? I think pbreview already has one if I'm not mistaken.

BlAh!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:50 PM #12
assassinationACI
ONCE GREAT, ALWAYS GREAT

assassinationACI is a Supporting Member
Yep PBR does have a sub forum for DP already. Finally someone put it up, if only people are there more often.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 PM #13
fds (Banned)

yea theres only like 12 reviews and mine is second most helpful (got banned from PBR somehow and use Cbunker)

and that plastic bag is annoying me
Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 AM #14
Barnhill
MOBIN in a town near you!

I didnt get a bag for my Allen wrenches either!! LOL

I cant get to PBR from work, and since that is where I do the majority of my "surfing" I dont even think about it when I get home.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams
Old 01-05-2007, 06:15 PM #15
fds (Banned)

Just got my 3rd fusion in the mail (hopefully it won't be another lemon) and it had a bag

i could die happy
Old 01-06-2007, 01:27 AM #16
SilviaEvo (Banned)

i dont have a bag!!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:12 AM #17
DeltaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fds View Post
Just got my 3rd fusion in the mail (hopefully it won't be another lemon) and it had a bag

i could die happy
Wow, why so many fusions??

BlAh!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:07 PM #18
fds (Banned)

One was the V1. had a lot of problems factory stripped screw, reg creep, detents, improperly milled striker housing

the second one was imho a refusbished, and have proof that it was, one i have no idea how any of the problems came about they said it was shipping problems with that leak coming out of adjustment screw, VA screw was loose apon arivle at my house, top part of reg wouldn't come off, VA screw that was loose literaly broke in half the threads were in the body. So idk what was happening with that.

now i'm on my third one and hopefully it'll be better. Just lubed it not going to touch it until i play
Old 01-06-2007, 01:19 PM #19
AKMetal
wat?

AKMetal is reppin' sidebar 4 life
... thats comforting
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 PM #20
fds (Banned)

well i have a slightly better feeling about this gun. everything comes out easier and nothing is loose
Old 01-06-2007, 06:50 PM #21
ownage312
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaX View Post
Well anyways, just thought I'd put this out there, and I'm not trying to bash DP. The fusion is a great gun and they have excellent customer service. I will be keeping my fusion, however I thought this was thread worthy.

Anyways, your thoughts??
usally this means bashing