PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-03-2007, 01:39 PM #1
pber13

Strange leak coming from my Quest...

ok the other day I was taking my Quest to chronograph to shoot a few times (I was bored at work) and as I set it down, i heard a hissing noise-then a loud bang, and the macro line blew out of the fitting on the reg! I turned the air off and checked a few things, then put macro back in and turned air on, and again, a loud bang, but then the leak started to come straight out of the LPR screw! WTF?! I have no idea why its doing this, any ideas are appreciated...
reasons to go out with a paintballer: (6) We are good at moving our fingers extremely fast in small places(5) We like to slide into our positions(4) We always wear protection(3) We can fire off 100's even 1000's of rounds without getting tired(2) We dont mind getting a little dirty(1) All of us have at least a 10" barrel on us.
'When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear.' - Mark Twain
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 PM #2
Sagg
FEP FTW!!!

Sagg is a Supporting Member
check you bolt for cracks, reg o-rings,lpr spring

Call FEP!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 PM #3
pber13

thanks for the advice, lol turned out that I had forgotten to lube the LPR in a long long time
reasons to go out with a paintballer: (6) We are good at moving our fingers extremely fast in small places(5) We like to slide into our positions(4) We always wear protection(3) We can fire off 100's even 1000's of rounds without getting tired(2) We dont mind getting a little dirty(1) All of us have at least a 10" barrel on us.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:46 PM #4
Sagg
FEP FTW!!!

Sagg is a Supporting Member
no problem now go mow faces
Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 PM #5
nevets11_2003
Satisfied

nevets11_2003 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
check your macro line it may be old and the fitting may not be able to grip it as good
Old 01-04-2007, 01:09 PM #6
pber13

I think that the macroline may also have been part of the problem, its not the best, but switching to another input nipple seemed to help keep the pressure and its shooting amazing again- but I will replace the macro soon as well just in case