Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-04-2001, 12:19 PM #1
FrontMan

has been a member for 10 years
Question

So,

I was wondering wat it takes to set up the Intellifeed system on a 2k1 angel... Can this be done at home? Is It just a wire?

Also, I cant seem to pull the trigger fast enough, the most I ever seem to get is 8 - 10 bps. Is this average? any trigger mods help? ((not like I need to shoot more paint, just curious))

Many Thanks,
-C
Member #159
2K1 Dark Angel
*NEW* ANS GX-3 ((Pewter to blue fade))
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2001, 12:28 PM #2
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
It's easy to do, you just swap off the stock site rail for the intellifeed rail, take the grip frame off the body, run the wire from the intellifeed rail around and through the body into the grip frame, then plug it into the correct port on the board.

All you have to do now is solder the provided black wire to the wires on the motor of your rev, then you can take out the electronic eye.

To shoot faster, you can try fanning the trigger (holding the gun with one hand and twitching your hand back and forth rapidly on the trigger with the other,) or just work at pulling the trigger until you have the speed faster.

DR

old school PBC admin... keeping it real

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!

Last edited by DarkRipper : 05-04-2001 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2001, 02:05 PM #3
Angel LE
Max Points Factory Team

The extreme revo kit is the way to go, it uses the signal from your gun, the 9volts in the hopper, and the eye, instead of only the gun commands, the only problem is you would have to send your revo in to get the kit fitted
Old 05-04-2001, 02:15 PM #4
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
Of course, one of the advantages to intellifeed is that you don't have to arse with 9 volts in your hopper anymore. It does run the battery down faster, but not that badly in my experience. I've gotten nearly 3 cases off of a full charge while running intelli off an angel battery.

It also does spin slower, but since the intelli feeds the whole time you are shooting, running the paddles faster just spins the paint more. It's not going to feed faster if the paddles are constantly spinning driving balls into the gun, at any rotation speed.

The real advantage to the "extreme revo" and the others like it is that you can use it on a gun that's not an angel as well as an angel, eliminating the need for two hoppers if you have multiple guns.

DR

old school PBC admin... keeping it real

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!
Old 05-04-2001, 02:50 PM #5
Scorch
Just a nice guy in a mask

Scorch is a Supporting Member
Talking If anyone can track down the Radio Shack part num...

for the plug which connects to the LCD's board, I have all the parts list for a hopper mod as fast as the Extreme but with more features.

Scorch
Old 05-05-2001, 12:45 PM #6
Angel LE
Max Points Factory Team

Its Radio Shack part number 247-247 that I have used that looks like that, but you will want to find the normally open version of the same part. And the extreme revo uses wnatever batteries you have in your revo instead of using your gun power to spin the paddles
Old 05-06-2001, 11:51 AM #7
Madskillz

:::To shoot faster, you can try fanning the trigger (holding the gun with one hand and twitching your hand back and forth rapidly on the trigger with the other,):::

DO NOT get in a bad habit of fanning your trigger... i repeat, DO NOT fan your trigger. It doesn't do anything for you but makes you look stupid... specially when your angel's bobbing up and down while you're fanning it, I'm sure you'll hear some giggles from more experienced players when you do that.. hehe. Hold your marker the way it's supposed to be held and don't worry too much about how many balls you're shooting.... speed will come later on. If you're shooting 8-10 balls per second CONSISTENTLY, that's pretty damn fast anyways.

Scribz'
Texas Havok #3
Old 05-10-2001, 08:28 PM #8
BOMOD

BOMOD is a Supporting Member
Unhappy Part Number

The part number does not exist on Radio Shack's site. Any ideas?
Old 05-11-2001, 12:57 PM #9
Dark Seoul
I make swarf

I hope you don't mind me posting a different question about Intellifeeds. Is there more than one company making the Intellifeed mod? I notice some ports in various positions along the rail. Are all Intellifeed rails plastic? Thanks
Old 05-11-2001, 06:46 PM #10
1Hailstorm
Proud American

INTELLIFEED 18 VOLT MOD

I did the same thing, because I was chopping balls and sticking my bolt forward.All you need is a miniature relay that is activated with 6 volts and can handle 18 volts. here is what I did. I opened up my VL, took out my controler board. cut the wires to the motor. I also has two 9 volt adapters. I connected the two adapters like this, I soldered from one the red to the black of the other adapter. Then I soldered the black wire to the motor's negitive wire. After you figure out which contacts are for the 18 volts then you solder the red wire to one and the positive wire from the motor. Then solder the intelifeed wire to the other two contacts on the relay. So when activated your hopper will scream. basically i have not chopped a ball since this mod. I used a relay part number 40-674 made by CALRAD electronics.819 N. Highland ave. Los Angeles Ca. 90038. If you need any more info. just ask. or if I missed something. By the way, If you run across a paint called Advantage, by RP. BUY IT! the greatest paint I have ever SHOT!
Old 05-12-2001, 05:16 AM #11
Scorch

Talking But *ouch* you put out your eye!

You could have them both... Oh yea and if you do this its your choice... I am not responsible.
  • If you have a non-sunboard rev...you can clip the voltage reg then solder a connector to the two outside contacts (remove the middle ground) This makes it unregulated and 18v
  • add a reed relay to accept the the intellifeed command and complete the circuit for the motor - the wiring depends on which rev board you have

With this basic setup you have either a full time 18v rev or 12v with eye and intellifeed.

Scorch

Last edited by Scorch : 05-12-2001 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-12-2001, 05:28 AM #12
Scorch

Unhappy Intellifeed rails

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Seoul
\Is there more than one company making the Intellifeed mod? I notice some ports in various positions along the rail. Are all Intellifeed rails plastic?
Adrenalin can make a better quality intellifeed rail. They can also put the intellifeed plug where ever you want it.

I have heard of several people trying to drill a dye rail and cracking them. I might give one to a master machinest friend and let him try. It would look sweet.

Scorch
Old 05-12-2001, 07:09 AM #13
Dark Seoul
I make swarf

Scorch, I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll get a Dye rail and experiment with it too. Post pics if you get it done.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:22 PM #14
Angel LE
Max Points Factory Team

Yes the part nomber is not on the radio shack website, but if you go into a store they will be able to get for you
Old 05-17-2001, 04:41 AM #15
Dark Seoul
I make swarf

Talking

my complete Dye sight rail w/intellifeed.
Old 05-17-2001, 10:34 AM #16
BOMOD

BOMOD is a Supporting Member
Cool

Dark Seoul:

Nice job! Did you use the Intellifeed kit or did you acquire the parts separately?
Old 05-17-2001, 02:17 PM #17
Dark Seoul
I make swarf

BOMOD,

Thanks, I used an Intellifeed kit.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:20 PM #18
Scorch

Talking Very Nice Dark Soeul!

Very nice indeed.

Scorch
Old 05-17-2001, 05:07 PM #19
Dark Seoul
I make swarf

Thanks Scorch That mod took alot longer than I thought it would. The connector sits lower in the Dye rail compared to the stock Intellifeed rail. I had to shorten the pins and solder the wires at a right angle to clear the solenoid.
Old 05-17-2001, 06:52 PM #20
minime

minime is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel LE
The extreme revo kit is the way to go, it uses the signal from your gun, the 9volts in the hopper, and the eye, instead of only the gun commands, the only problem is you would have to send your revo in to get the kit fitted
Or you can do it yourself and save a lot of money.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 05-17-2001, 08:24 PM #21
Angel LE
Max Points Factory Team

That is true but if you arent that good with electronics or soldering, or know someone that is your out of luck