Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-08-2007, 09:27 AM #211
Captain A v2.0
Whatevs

Annual Supporting Member
Captain A v2.0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I believe Dallas is a (much) better team than Chicago. Dallas has a great offense, combined with a decent defense, granted it had been giving up some pass plays. Will Grossman even be prepared for this game, or will all the "distractions" of the playoff atmosphere get to him? If he wasn't ready for the season closer against the Pack, I can't see him being ready again. Our glaring weakness is obviously our secondary, but I'm not too worried about that for the previously mentioned reason. On top of all that the Bears defense has not been quite as strong lately, while the Seattle offense is getting healthier and stronger with each game.

Seattle wins, 27-17.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:20 AM #212
JungleLarry (Banned)
Algorithms and bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
The SD/NE game will be great. LT hasn't been playing great lately, and NE has been playing very well. I'd rather see NE win just because I know the Colts can beat them.
Actually, LT has been playing great lately. They just haven't been relying on him too much because they know the other teams have a close eye on the rushing game. However, whenever LT gets the ball, he manages to put some really good yardage on the field, leaving Rivers to make big passes to our receivers.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM #213
RedzFacNum24

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A v2.0 View Post
I believe Dallas is a (much) better team than Chicago. Dallas has a great offense, combined with a decent defense, granted it had been giving up some pass plays. Will Grossman even be prepared for this game, or will all the "distractions" of the playoff atmosphere get to him? If he wasn't ready for the season closer against the Pack, I can't see him being ready again. Our glaring weakness is obviously our secondary, but I'm not too worried about that for the previously mentioned reason. On top of all that the Bears defense has not been quite as strong lately, while the Seattle offense is getting healthier and stronger with each game.

Seattle wins, 27-17.
Agreed
Old 01-08-2007, 03:59 PM #214
P8ntPsycho
Legendary.

P8ntPsycho owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Colts at Ravens - Ravens have home field advantage, and their D will shut down Manning... And the fact that the Colts always choke in the playoffs is also there.

Eagles at Saints - Drew Brees FTW.

Seahawks at Bears - Hawks are probably going to have all of their wideouts back. And since Jeremy Stevens has learned to catch the ball (GASP) we may have a big V for the Hawks here. Then again, there is no 12th Man to help 'em out... But it's Rex Grossman... Come on...

Patriots at Chargers - I'm kind of torn here. If it was at NE I would definantly pick the Pats (undefeated at home during the playoffs) but who knows. Like someone previously said, there's a reason why Tom Brady is 11-1 in the playoffs. Also, the run game is usually shut down horribly in the playoffs, but I think LT will be able to get past that.

Last edited by P8ntPsycho : 01-08-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:18 PM #215
lop
RAIDER HATE

Annual Supporting Member
So, I went 4-0 this past weekend, but a my dog also went 4-0 so its nothing to be to proud about. The home teams were obviously the better teams and it showed. This weekend is a little tougher though...Here's my expert picks.

Seattle vs. Chicago: Seattle
-This was a tough decision for me. Seattle didn't look good versus the Cowboys, but I'm not sold on the Bears right now. Regardless of what Grossman was and wasn't thinking about against the Packers, they defense still gave up wasn't it like 30+? Thats not to great. I think Seattle can shut down Chicagos running game and well...Do you really think Grossman is going to win the game for them? No.

Philadelphia vs. New Orleans: New Orleans
-This was easier. NO is just better right now. Philly had a great run, and they match up nicely against their opponents from the NFC east, but the Saints are the better team this weekend.

Indy vs. Baltimore: Baltimore
- its really a toss up for me though. Its going to come down to the last team with the ball I think. I don't think its going to be a huge score or anything, but the winning team is going to need atleast 28 to win. Indy will just be out physicalled on the line and their pass rush probably wont be as effective leaving their secondary out to dry.

New England vs. San Diego: San Diego
- You're probably thinking 'oh, he's just biased, he's an SD fan'. Exactly, BUT I'm not convinced New England is as good as they LOOKED this paste weekend. They were playing the Jets, who really had no business in the playoffs. And now everyone is doing what they did last year with the Patriots. The Patriots dominated Jacksonville(28-3) and everyone hopped right back on thier bandwagon and had them going on to the AFC Championship game. Well, does everyone remember what happened? Yeah, they met a better team in the divisional round and went home( Denver, 27-13). So, yeah they looked good against a mediocre team but thats just it...they were playing the JETS! And don't talk to me about 11-1 in the postseason either, because this Patriots team is no where near as good as the one that racked up 10 of those wins. And they are worse then they were last year when the Chargers handed them thier ***** 41-17. The Chargers are going to run, run, run and then throw to LT so he can run. LT seriously should touch the ball 40 times either on the ground or threw the air, because while I'm confident in Rivers, I don't want him to get overwelmed in his first playoff game. And Gates is a mismatch for any safety in the league, so he provides a nice outlet. And we are going to have a complete team aswell. Only one person will be missing the game sunday(Cesaire) I believe.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:15 PM #216
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
Actually, LT has been playing great lately. They just haven't been relying on him too much because they know the other teams have a close eye on the rushing game. However, whenever LT gets the ball, he manages to put some really good yardage on the field, leaving Rivers to make big passes to our receivers.
I know, he just hasn't had LT level games in the last few weeks of the season. I'm sure most of it was due to him resting up though.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 PM #217
schmehr
viva la so*cal

chargers win the superbowl. end of discussion.

FUUCKK THEE POLIICE
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM #218
snowboarder2837
NOT a pats fan

snowboarder2837 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmehr View Post
chargers win the superbowl. end of discussion.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:59 PM #219
schmehr
viva la so*cal

did i studder? you'll see when they beat the pats this weekend.

FUUCKK THEE POLIICE
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 PM #220
JungleLarry (Banned)
Algorithms and bananas

I'm pretty sure he was agreeing with you....
Old 01-08-2007, 10:22 PM #221
paintballa2k4
RIP pbn MDT

Seattle
New Orleans
Indianapolis
San Diego

Seattle actually didn't look too bad last week, considering the injuries they had, but they were at home.

(teacher):what is number 2
(you):SURPRISE BUTTSECHS!!!!

Originally posted by empiretimmy53

THC goes directly to your liver. Think of THC as a vascular rhino penis, and your liver as the fragile anus of a Koala. The destruction is equal.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:17 PM #222
04prostock
We Was Robbed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa2k4 View Post
Seattle
New Orleans
Indianapolis
San Diego

Seattle actually didn't look too bad last week, considering the injuries they had, but they were at home.
Indy over Ravens? Thats Bold.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 PM #223
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ske1etor View Post
I dont care who we run into, we are going to win. Plain and simple.
Seems like every Saints fan thinks they're God's gift to football.

Quote:
The eagles don't stand a chance.
Then why bother playing?

Quote:
The same giants that almost eliminated the eagles yesterday crossed the 50 yard line once in the game against the saints.
And the crappier Eagles almost beat the peaking Saints team. You can't compare teams like that, otherwise I could bring up our 27-3 win over the Redskins and your 16-10 Loss on 'em.

Quote:
Our defense may not be stellar, but they are pretty solid. Our offense, well I really don't need to say anything about the offense.
Interesting statistic about your all-around solid team:

You played 4 teams TOTAL with winning records. You beat 3 of them, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Giants, and lost to Ravens (understandable). You played all 3 of these teams on their downhill run. Giants and Cowboys just sucked terribly in the last 4 weeks, and Eagles were letting games slip left and right the first 7 weeks of the season.

Eagles also have more experience in the playoffs than you.

I'm not saying I think the Eagles are going to win... but it's not going to be an easy win.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM #224
Big_Dangerous
Goodnight Sweet Prince!

Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post

Then why bother playing?

And the crappier Eagles almost beat the peaking Saints team. You can't compare teams like that, otherwise I could bring up our 27-3 win over the Redskins and your 16-10 Loss on 'em.

You played 4 teams TOTAL with winning records. You beat 3 of them, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Giants, and lost to Ravens (understandable). You played all 3 of these teams on their downhill run. Giants and Cowboys just sucked terribly in the last 4 weeks, and Eagles were letting games slip left and right the first 7 weeks of the season.

I'm not saying I think the Eagles are going to win... but it's not going to be an easy win.
If the Eagles play like they did against the giants a couple days ago then they will lose.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:33 PM #225
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
We beat the Eagles with Mcnabb and Sheppard in play.

Not an easy win because Philly is on a run, but we definitely have the favor.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 01-08-2007, 11:50 PM #226
04prostock
We Was Robbed!!!!

I don't see us as EVER being God's gift to football. But we have the edge this weekend. We already beat philly, we are at home, Philly is missing some key players, while all our key players are healthy. Colston, Horn, Thomas...Our D is going to be a whole lot better against the run with Thomas back.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:57 AM #227
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post

Then why bother playing?

Im glad you did that, cause Im sick of doing it.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 01-09-2007, 02:24 AM #228
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
We beat the Eagles with Mcnabb and Sheppard in play.
Alright... isn't Horn coming off a nasty injury?

The loss of Sheppard hurts, but Hood is a good experienced backup.

Garcia is playing better than McNabb was in measurable and inmeasurable attributes such as leadership, but passer rating, td:int, etc. are all higher in Garcia than McNabb. Our defense has completely stepped it up.

Also, Westbrook was coming off a Knee Injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
Not an easy win because Philly is on a run
That's really all I ask for.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:48 AM #229
lop
RAIDER HATE

Annual Supporting Member
Did you guys see McNabb on the sideline? he put on some weight for sure. Momma McNabb as been feeding him to much of the chunky stuff haha.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:45 AM #230
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Quote:
Yeah, they met a better team in the divisional round and went home( Denver, 27-13).

Effin right, and if they couldnt contain Jake Plummer ( I love him, but he is what he is), and Mike Anderson, how are you going to stop LT and Gates? If you couldnt keep Brady off his back with Denvers blitz happy scheme, have fun with the best front 7 in football. New England is overrated, and it will show again on Sunday.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 AM #231
JungleLarry (Banned)
Algorithms and bananas

Regardless of who is better, who wins or loses...it's going to be a great game.