Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-08-2007, 12:17 AM #43
darkstar286
show me the kitties

darkstar286 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC View Post
Static Protection

Motherboard Stand-Offs – after being contacted by a user here...cough EGO_FREAK cough cough, I decided to add these to the list for new builders who are not already aware of their use. The motherboard needs some support underneath to stop it cracking when you push in the CPU or any of the PCI or ISA cards. Five small rubber pyramids were provided for this purpose and these were placed accordingly. The motherboard doesn't actually touch the case and sits on top of a series of spacers to stop any short circuits. The spacers should be fitted before placing the motherboard on top of these and the rubber support blocks. Carefully screw down the board. This is completely needed when installing the motherboard or else your computer will just be a big heavy box, that won’t power on. If you think this is your problem ask EGO_FREAK. He will be able to describe it thoroughly .
I believe I need to be added to this paragraph
*hangs head*
but i got it to work eventually

oh, also
ISA? when the hell did you write this?? the mid 90's?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2007, 05:58 AM #44
xxbattlenutxx

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/electroni...?isrc=e-search

add that stuff to the monitor cleaning section, it works great with no streakage at all.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 AM #45
jcdenton69
****ter King

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendig0 View Post
I thought that Rubbing alcohol would damage your lcd screens. But maybe i was getting mixed up between that and windex I know that windex will ruin it.
i dilute rubbing alcohol in water, then use a microfiber cloth to wash it my LCD. i read somewhere not to use just straight up rubbing alcohol, but the OP says its fine, though im not about to try it. im quite happy with my diluted rubbing alcohol cleaning solution.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:17 PM #46
keepitfaded

very helpfull
thanks