PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-23-2003, 04:34 PM #1
PaInTbAlLjUnK!e

has been a member for 10 years
Tips on buying a first marker

Well, since there are constantly threads about I need help buying a first marker I decided to post this.........

Okay lets get started

1. It depends on which type of gun you want and how much money you want to spend.

Now the type of guns

Low class Pump: A gun for people that just want to fool around with paintball, not really serious....pumps are usually around 20 to 30 dollars....they are made cheap, they have small tanks.....they are usually found at Walmart. The type of low class pumps are mostly Brass Eagles...

Semi Automatic: Semi automatics are for the more serious players, they're more serious then pumps, but also more mechanical, every once in a while you have to clean them out and oil them. They range from 60- 1000s of dollars, it depends on how serious you are in paintball.

E-grip markers (hybrids blowbacks): E-grip markers are pretty much semi blowback markers but just with an electric trigger frame. Many spyders have e-grips, and most e-grips have modes such as three ball burst. six ball burst and all auto. Usually E-grips need revvy's (hoppers that have propellors in them to keep the balls moving) that means more batteries. Also on an e-grip you need a battery for the trigger frame. E-grips cannot get wet........

"True electros":True electro's can operate at lower pressures than hybrids leading to better efficiency, less blow back, and less chops than hybrid blowbacks. Most electros should be ran on nitro or compressed air. True electros go from about 300 to
any price, and are usually used by the consistent players.

Well I hoped this helped some and I know that theirs mess ups in there but if anyone wants to help out feel free

And deceit could u make this a sticky?

Last edited by PaInTbAlLjUnK!e : 02-23-2003 at 07:23 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2003, 07:09 PM #2
PiRanTah
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thumbs up

nicely put.. new people read it!!! it will help in your search for a you-capatible marker.. yet again, good job PaintballJunkie
----------------------
SS WGP Barrel
Orracle Bolt
Dremel'd Hinge
WGP On/Off Cradle
12v rev w/x board
47/3000 n2 tank
Old 02-24-2003, 01:14 AM #3
Rogue_Spear

How do you like your e-99?
Is that the only gun you ever used?
I need some feedback on it
Old 02-24-2003, 08:42 AM #4
PaInTbAlLjUnK!e

The e-99 isnt the first marker I've ever used but it is the first iv'e bought. I love it, it's a great gun begginer to intermediate. I have had no major problems with it, as long as you clean it out every once in awhile its fine......a great gun really

If you have any more question plz pm me
Old 02-24-2003, 12:07 PM #5
Staple
international hooligan

what about other types of pumps, they can't all be put under "Low class"?
Old 02-24-2003, 03:41 PM #6
yellat
?

there are some really nice pumps out there
Old 02-24-2003, 04:18 PM #7
PaInTbAlLjUnK!e

yes I know thats why I put low class I was ganna do a high class but im not into pumps so I thought someone else might be able to write about those
Old 02-25-2003, 01:51 AM #8
I_like_welts
Ka~Splat

An example of "high class pump" would be the CCI phatnom and the Illusion
Phantoms run about $200 -$300
Illusions are fairly similar. (dont know who makes them though)

Mid class pumps such as the ACI Hornet and The PMI Trracer are great beginner guns. they are oh $40- $70 or 80.

Stock class is something to look into, the guns are slightly more expensive usually with the slight stock mods, buthtis is definately not for beginners (at least in my opinion)

Stock includes:
12 grams
10 to 20 ball hoppers
sometimes no sights
pump guns
(this is very very loose explanation of stock class and may have varied rules depending on the area of play.)
Old 02-25-2003, 01:56 AM #9
I_like_welts
Ka~Splat

Question

Do you think that small guns like the PT extreme or the Sidekickor maybe a PGP is a good beginners gun?
I believe that playing with a similar gun with your firends would be a good way to learn. This way you may learn not to pray and spray and lean more towards accuracy. However this varies for everyone.
Any response ro this would be nice.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:30 AM #10
apitbull

dont knock the pumps man, ive seen dudes wreac total havoc with them. not to mention the conditioning it gives you in snapshooting when you go back to shotting a semi, paint conservation,, the joy it is to take out those jerkoffs with the really highclass markers and snotty attitudes when they find they were nailed bye a pump, and, if your listen to my buddy pete, who you will find reaching around the bunker for unbroken paintballs to pup in his hopper when he runs out, they will ussualy shoot anythin in any weather without chopping(gotta match your paint to bore though)
Old 02-25-2003, 02:44 AM #11
I_like_welts
Ka~Splat

Question

Was there some miscommunication there? because I did not intend to dis pumps, I have personally been looking into a Blue acid wash stock phantom :drools: man those things are beauties.
I definately have respect for those who play pumps against semis, I believ Total Greif does. sorry if i screwed up my two cents.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:06 AM #12
apitbull

nah, wanst puttin ya down, just i really love pumps, i got a razor back from 87 that i beat some kid down for till he sold it to me. i dont play with it, i just set it up and put it on my wall as a pecie of history. i had to sell my phantom when i bought my cocker, but im not really all that sad casue if i could i would sleep with my cocker

Last edited by apitbull : 02-25-2003 at 04:09 AM.