Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-09-2014, 10:37 AM #1
bybee5150

bybee5150 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bybee5150 is for the Gunfight
bybee5150 supports Empire
Help with g4 regulator

I am having problems with my g4 blowing orings on the asa. I took apart the reg to rebuild it and noticed that in between the piston seal and the regulator spring there is a shim or washer. The diagram in the manual doesn't show a shim. Is this suppose to be there?
bybee5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2014, 06:44 PM #2
Ahura_Mazda
Wannabe

Sooo... Did you figure out the problem? You started this thread and then said you solved the ASA oring issue later in an older thread you started. Also I find it strange in your other thread that cleaning out your noid stopped the orings bursting. Whatever works though.
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:52 PM #3
bybee5150

bybee5150 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bybee5150 is for the Gunfight
bybee5150 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura_Mazda View Post
Sooo... Did you figure out the problem? You started this thread and then said you solved the ASA oring issue later in an older thread you started. Also I find it strange in your other thread that cleaning out your noid stopped the orings bursting. Whatever works though.
The problem was resolved by cleaning out the solenoid. The only thing i can assume was happening was that the metal was not allowing the air to flow through the solenoid thus adding additional pressure in the asa blowing the oring. When I aired up the gun when I had the problem the raps lever was really hard to move. Now it is smooth and easy, once again because the air was not being built up due to the blockage in the noid. I still have the shim in the regulator, but is it suppose to be there?
bybee5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 AM #4
CA_Tectonics

I seem to recall reading posts stating either way......some with the washer and some without. I can't recall what I have in my G4s. I'll check mine when I get a chance.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM #5
Ahura_Mazda
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybee5150 View Post
The problem was resolved by cleaning out the solenoid. The only thing i can assume was happening was that the metal was not allowing the air to flow through the solenoid thus adding additional pressure in the asa blowing the oring. When I aired up the gun when I had the problem the raps lever was really hard to move. Now it is smooth and easy, once again because the air was not being built up due to the blockage in the noid. I still have the shim in the regulator, but is it suppose to be there?
Maybe I'm just not understanding this but from what I do understand, I feel like the air between the tank reg and inline reg would stay at a constant and the only pressure that would be effected by the decrease in volume due to the solenoid being messed up would be the air regulated down by the inline that feeds directly into the noid and bolt system. I could see that being a little higher due to lower volume but shouldn't the air going through the ASA, which is just the air from the tank to the inline, remain constant? Regardless, If the gun works now that's awesome.
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:13 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybee5150 View Post
I still have the shim in the regulator, but is it suppose to be there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
I seem to recall reading posts stating either way......some with the washer and some without. I can't recall what I have in my G4s. I'll check mine when I get a chance.
LOL - Well, not sure if this is going to help or not but I checked both of my G4s and one has a thin shim and the other does not. I did get both of them used so there is that factor. I think it could go either way, with or without. If you've had it in there this whole time and it came that way, just leave it in. If you want to experent a little, see if taking it out makes a difference (I would bet it doesn't).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote