Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-22-2014, 01:20 PM #1
zeth643

G5 eye cover screw

Hey guys, this past weekend while playing, they eye cover came off, I probably didn't tightened good enough after cleaning the marker; anyways, I did recover the detent and spring, but I couldn't find the screw.

Is there a place where I can buy the individual screws, rather than buying the whole parts kit from the dp page/ebay? Do the cover screws from other markers fit the G5 (G4, FX Etc..) ?
zeth643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2014, 05:59 PM #2
geckx7
Ballin' out with blanks

geckx7 supports Team VICIOUS
geckx7 supports Team VICIOUS
geckx7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
geckx7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Call DP first. Also I think some came in the parts kit that came with the gun.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:03 PM #3
Insane_Vendetta
Expert Flinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckx7 View Post
Call DP first. Also I think some came in the parts kit that came with the gun.
^^^ DP will probably send you one, but check your spare parts kit first. It should have two.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:39 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Nope, the G5 eye cover screw is not the same as any other DP marker model. Your best shot is to just call Dangerous Power and order one. An alternative would be to check your local hardware store for the #5-40 screw size. Be sure to bring the stock one you have to compare.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:50 AM #5
Insane_Vendetta
Expert Flinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Nope, the G5 eye cover screw is not the same as any other DP marker model. Your best shot is to just call Dangerous Power and order one. An alternative would be to check your local hardware store for the #5-40 screw size. Be sure to bring the stock one you have to compare.
^^^ This too.
I never thought about the local hardware store, CA always thinks outside the Box.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:51 AM #6
zeth643

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Yeah, that's what I was figuring, that the other model's screw is different. And unfortunately the parts kit that comes with the marker doesn't include that screw for some reason =\ .

And thanks for the advice everyone, I will give a call to DP to see what they say, I want to assume they will at least sell me the individual screws if they don't send them free =P.
zeth643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:59 AM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth643 View Post
Yeah, that's what I was figuring, that the other model's screw is different. And unfortunately the parts kit that comes with the marker doesn't include that screw for some reason =\ .

And thanks for the advice everyone, I will give a call to DP to see what they say, I want to assume they will at least sell me the individual screws if they don't send them free =P.
Yup. I would think they would sell you just the screw - they may sell them in pairs though.

If you try locally, I've had pretty good luck at my ACE Hardware store. They have a better selection then Home Depot or Lowes. Just be sure to double check the thread pitch too. My ACE has a couple different thread pitch sizes as well as screw size. May be worth just bringing the marker body in to check for fitment. Good luck.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote