PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-27-2014, 12:58 PM #1
bko rocker
#1 gun whore

bko rocker owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fx eyes not working correctly?

I have 2 dp fx's that the guns will not fire with the eyes on every with paint in the breach. Replaced batteries, reset boards, used bright color paint ( have had older shockers I kno it sounds crazy)

Still nothing. Turn the eyes off thing I a champ please lmk if I am doing something wrong but usually when eyes go bad the gun will shoot thinking the eyes are always blocked

Thanks in advance

clean emag f/s

bko rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 PM #2
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Check to see if the eyes are making a full connection to the wires. There may be a short in one of the wire connections. If so you can have them repaired or replaced. DP sells them for cheap on their site. Good luck bro

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM #3
bko rocker
#1 gun whore

Full connection being made ... I even went as far as to cut a wire to break the connection on purpose ... With broken connection te gun will still not fire.... Every other gun I have seen the gun will shoot when eyes malfunction

clean emag f/s

Old 05-27-2014, 06:08 PM #4
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

That's some crazy stuff happening over there. When my FX eyes were down I could fire my marker with the eyes on and also with the eyes off. Idk what it could be, I'm thinking that it could be a faulty board. Have you ensured that the eyes are plugged sucurely into the bored??? (The last one was just a desperate prayer for you) lololololololololololol

iPS
Old 05-27-2014, 08:00 PM #5
CA_Tectonics

I can't quite understand your first post:

Marker doesn't fire with eyes on (tried various paint).
Marker does(?) fire with eyes off?
Cut eye wire and marker doesn't fire.

Is that what is going on?

I'd look carefully at the solder connections on the wires (on the sensor bulb end) and the molex connectors on the board end. Make sure you are getting good contact on those connections. Next, check the back of the board for any possible signs of shorting on the solder points (or burnt marks on any of the resisters). Lastly, what is your eye setting on the board. I think there are a couple options if I remember correctly. The reset should have taken care of that possibility but good thing to check.

You can also take the bolt out and use your finger in the feedneck to check if the eyes are being tripped.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:43 PM #6
bko rocker
#1 gun whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
I can't quite understand your first post:

Cut eye wire and marker doesn't fire.

Is that what is going on?

I'd look carefully at the solder connections on the wires (on the sensor bulb end) and the molex connectors on the board end. Make sure you are getting good contact on those connections. Next, check the back of the board for any possible signs of shorting on the solder points (or burnt marks on any of the resisters). Lastly, what is your eye setting on the board. I think there are a couple options if I remember correctly. The reset should have taken care of that possibility but good thing to check.

You can also take the bolt out and use your finger in the feedneck to check if the eyes are being tripped.
Have checked all solder points. Did the facory reset which would solve the eye setting.

"
Cut eye wire and marker doesn't fire."

Correct, it makes no sense to me either.

If I unplug the eye wire it will fire with eye settings "on"

clean emag f/s

Old 05-27-2014, 11:10 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bko rocker View Post
Have checked all solder points. Did the facory reset which would solve the eye setting.

"
Cut eye wire and marker doesn't fire."

Correct, it makes no sense to me either.

If I unplug the eye wire it will fire with eye settings "on"

Alright. Now I understand the problem. I also just wanted to check the obvious. I know there was a case in the past where a connection of the wire to the unit (I think I remember it being a noid - but the same can apply here) was poor. This connection was under the shrink wrap at the end of the wire.

As for it firing when the eyes are unplugged, I think that is correct. I'll have to check mine to confirm though. Since there is no connection for eyes being made, the function may be bypassed by the board. That would explain why it would fire with eyes on or off when there are no eyes plugged into the board. Again, I'll have to confirm that is normal.

The real issue comes down to why it WILL NOT fire with eyes on.

Just a few more questions to try and eliminate possibilities.....

Is this with or without air?
Is the trigger set to be very sensitive? (Is it possible that the pre or post travel is too short?)
Are you determining "firing" by the click of the solenoid or by actual shot? (I would assume both here based on your previous description, just confirming)

It very well may be that you just have a bad set of eyes or there may be an issue with the board itself. Both have been reported by others in the past so it is not out of the realm of possibilities.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:39 AM #8
bko rocker
#1 gun whore

This is both with and with out air
My trigger is making contact it's set correctly
And it will not fire or allow the solenoid to click

And remember I have 2 of these guns doing the exact same thing

clean emag f/s

Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 PM #9
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

There is a screw behind the trigger that holds the Switchblade trigger in place and also allows it to pivot. This screw is also what hits the switch to cycle the marker. Check to see if it is unscrewed to far out to allow the switch to reset when you release the trigger. You can check by removing the grips and looking at the switch when you pull and release your trigger. I understand that you have two of these markers and you obviously know how to set the triggers but I can't think of anything else.

Make sure that for every trigger pull you hear the noid click.

iPS
Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 AM #10
bko rocker
#1 gun whore

The screw is fine it has to be electronical issues either the eyes or board

clean emag f/s

Old 06-10-2014, 07:16 AM #11
marda1027

I have the F8 fusion and had a similar problem. Initially my marker would fire with the eyes on or off. I went down to DP and they installed new eyes for $9. Now it fires fine with the eyes off but with them on, it will only fire a few shots and then stop. Any suggestions?
marda1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:45 AM #12
PaintinChik
Misawa Mayhem

So this happened to me - took it out of the box and the thing wouldn't shoot. Turned the eyes off and boom it was shooting.... The bolt wasn't 100% in all the way which caused the eyes to fail to read. I know it sounds SUPER dumb (I felt extremely dumb when someone fixed it and told me what was wrong with it) but check to be 100% sure that the bolt is in the correct way and its catching the right way. IDK if you know how to check, but just push the bolt forward and take a look at what it looks like. The pin should be sitting in the slot.
It should fix the issue - especially since it sounds like the EXACT issue I was having.
PaintinChik is offline   Reply With Quote