Community Focus

Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 PM #1
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
DP E1 air leak

help my e1 is leaking air through the holes in the bolt? is that a common thing to happen or should i buy a replacement bolt and back cap for it? i pretty much replace every o-ring that needs to be replaced in the gun on the bolt and back cap that need to be replaced.
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2014, 07:26 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Are you positive it is THROUGH the bolt and not from around it? There is an o-ring in the body of the marker that also seals air from escaping around the bolt. It could be that o-ring IF there is a leak in the breach but NOT through the bolt face.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:44 PM #3
stalefishsk8er

sounds more like the air is leaking in the breach, i have replaced that particular oring but i still hear it leaking.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:29 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

First thing first is to determine exactly where the leak is coming from.

With the marker OFF but air on, put your finger down the feedneck and cover the face of the bolt with your fingertip. If you feel air pressure build-up behind your finger, it is the o-ring on the stem of the backcap. If you try to move the bolt around with your finger tip and the leak changes, it is the breach o-ring.

Be sure it is not a leak from the solenoid. If the solenoid, air comes out around the trigger area. If you suspect the solenoid at all, you can take the frame off (but leave the reg hooked up to air) and air it up. If there is a noid leak, you'll literally be able to put a finger right on it and know where the fix needs to be.

Make sure you are using the correct size O-rings and a grease lube. The o-ring in the body/breach is a standard -017 (17.17mm CS X 1.78mm CS) but the one on the stem of the backcap is an odd metric size - a 13.8mm ID X 1.9mm CS.

If you did change the breach o-ring, hopefully you didn't use anything metal and put a scratch on/across the o-ring groove. Also, sometimes O-rings are not perfect and may have a nick on them. They tend to fail and not seal - even if it looks fine.

Lastly, how much did you turn the reg up? With the DP spools, they need a minimum amount of air in order to reset the bolt and O-rings to seal. This minimum is pretty low, just want to be sure that you didn't start to turn up the reg from no air then immediately stop at the first hint of air flowing out the breach.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 12-08-2014, 07:38 PM #5
stalefishsk8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
First thing first is to determine exactly where the leak is coming from.

With the marker OFF but air on, put your finger down the feedneck and cover the face of the bolt with your fingertip. If you feel air pressure build-up behind your finger, it is the o-ring on the stem of the backcap. If you try to move the bolt around with your finger tip and the leak changes, it is the breach o-ring.

Be sure it is not a leak from the solenoid. If the solenoid, air comes out around the trigger area. If you suspect the solenoid at all, you can take the frame off (but leave the reg hooked up to air) and air it up. If there is a noid leak, you'll literally be able to put a finger right on it and know where the fix needs to be.

Make sure you are using the correct size O-rings and a grease lube. The o-ring in the body/breach is a standard -017 (17.17mm CS X 1.78mm CS) but the one on the stem of the backcap is an odd metric size - a 13.8mm ID X 1.9mm CS.

If you did change the breach o-ring, hopefully you didn't use anything metal and put a scratch on/across the o-ring groove. Also, sometimes O-rings are not perfect and may have a nick on them. They tend to fail and not seal - even if it looks fine.

Lastly, how much did you turn the reg up? With the DP spools, they need a minimum amount of air in order to reset the bolt and O-rings to seal. This minimum is pretty low, just want to be sure that you didn't start to turn up the reg from no air then immediately stop at the first hint of air flowing out the breach.

the one o-ring i thought was good to go which causing the leak, thanks for the help. solenoid is still going strong like my jeep lol. also is that oring just standard tank o-ring?
Old 12-08-2014, 08:24 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalefishsk8er View Post
the one o-ring i thought was good to go which causing the leak, thanks for the help. solenoid is still going strong like my jeep lol. also is that oring just standard tank o-ring?
Which? The standard -017?

Either way, nope, none of the o-rings that have anything to do with the bolt/marker firing movement are the same size as a standard tank reg o-ring. Those tank reg o-rings are a standard -015. The one in the body of the marker is larger, a standard -017.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:39 PM #7
stalefishsk8er

the one that i'd just replaced which was the 13.8mm which was the one that i needed to replaced on the marker
Old 12-08-2014, 09:44 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

So is the leak gone now? Not sure what you are getting at?

The o-ring on the stem of the back cap is an odd metric size that is not going to be found at most places. Unless you (or your local shop) has an actual Dangerous Power o-ring or parts kit, they are really only found from Dangerous Power or a couple of online sites.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:39 AM #9
stalefishsk8er

yes its gone, the oring looked like a tank oring to me some reason
Old 12-09-2014, 10:15 AM #10
CA_Tectonics

Good deal . Glad you were able to get it fixed.

Yea, that 13.9mm ID o-ring is pretty close to a tank bonnet o-ring side but not quite.