Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2017, 08:47 PM #1
Dindrez

Trying to figure out why my G3 won't fire

So I picked up a brand new G3 when they were new and I maybe used the gun five times since I've had it. I always kept it in great condition etc.

So my problem is, it won't shoot at all. The eyes work because it censors a ball when ones in the chamber but it just won't shoot.

I've taken the whole thing apart: I took the bolt out and lubed it, I took out the solenoid, checked the orings, and lubed them back up, and still nothing. The gun won't click when I pull the trigger even with eyes off, I even tried the tinfoil trick over the sensor to see if that'd work but still nothing.

I'm assuming it's the solenoid since everything else is working: no air leaks, eyes are censoring balls etc. the lights on the gun won't ever turn "blue" which if i recall means armed and ready for fire. It'll just sit green with ball loaded and eyes on.

DP wants me to send it in but when the gun was only 300ish and it's my spare, I don't feel like spending upwards of 100ish for shipping and parts.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do or what could be the problem? I'm open for all ideas. Thanks
Dindrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2017, 09:19 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Stock G3 board? The one with the dip switches?

If so, there is no blue light. Just red and green. Solid green means ready to fire (eyes on, ball in place).

Always 1st suspect is the battery. Make sure you are using a fresh, new, name-brand battery.

Next, if you are truely getting nothing - not even slight puffs of air from the trigger frame to body area (solenoid venting), then I'd start troubleshooting air flow. Make sure you are getting enough flow TO the noid.

If that checks out, then o-rings in the noid. Replace them. The marker has been sitting for a while. You may need to replace the noid and bolt o-rings (specifically the sail o-ring on the bolt).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:38 PM #3
Dindrez

It is all stock. The gun was also sitting for a long while. I'm quite sure air is getting through the gun. Like I said, even with the eyes off air or no air the noid (I believe) doesn't make any clicking noise.

So shall I replace every o-ring on the noid? Or replace the noid in all?
Dindrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:01 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Maybe check the connections first. Make sure the noid is connected in the correct plug. Same goes for the battery. Very easy to get the 2 swapped if not paying attention. Also look for bad wire connections for the noid - pinched wire, etc.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote