Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2016, 12:54 AM #1
M_Correa

has been a member for 10 years
G3 ROF problem: trigger adjustment or board setting?

Hello folks:
I have a Virtue board on my G3 (dwell on 13, ROF unlimited and antibolt stick on 3 I guess). I note that when I try "not so fast" trigger pulling (like 9 pulls per second), the gun shoots less than that rate. So it's like skipping shots. Would it be a board setting or a trigger adjustment?

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2016, 08:58 AM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

plays in the NXL
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
firefoxx04 supports Ninja Paintball
Probably trigger adjustment. Are you usually pretty fast?

You should also verify the mechanical and electrical debounce set points.
firefoxx04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:39 AM #3
M_Correa

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Probably trigger adjustment. Are you usually pretty fast?

You should also verify the mechanical and electrical debounce set points.
I'm not. I play woodsball and usually use only one finger to shoot. But even with one finger I can pull it faster than the marker shoots so I'm sure there's a problem with the adjustment...

Which screw should I work on, the trigger stop (after pulling it) or the one that sets the limit when the trigger goes back to "idle" position?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 11:44 AM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

plays in the NXL
Its mainly preference. I prefer to have a decent amount of travel with just a bit of post travel (amount of travel after actuating the switch)

If your debounce is set to aggressively, it will filter out actual trigger pulls.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:53 AM #5
M_Correa

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Its mainly preference. I prefer to have a decent amount of travel with just a bit of post travel (amount of travel after actuating the switch)

If your debounce is set to aggressively, it will filter out actual trigger pulls.
So you say to make the trigger travels longer until it clicks the trigger and no problem if it stops right after the click?
Which debouce set would be not aggressive? I haven't change the stock board setting for that...

Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 12:44 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

plays in the NXL
I am not familiar with the virtue board for the G3. I must admit, I have never actually had to adjust my debounce settings for any marker. However, when set to high it will do what you are describing.

What I would do is check the current setting and write it down. Then start lowering it. You can lower them until the gun starts shooting on its own when you are pulling the trigger (air on). What will happen is the gun will "run away" or fire extra shots when you are done pulling the trigger. When this happens, just increase little by little until it acts like you want.

For trigger adjustment, Not having enough pre travel (travel from the rest position to the microswitch) can cause bounce because the trigger is so close to the microswitch. To prevent this I usually have a decent amount of pre travel.

for post travel, I usually let the trigger travel a little further (after the marker fires) just because I do not want to ride the line and have the trigger stopping exactly when it actuates the switch.