Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-06-2001, 08:39 PM #1
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up should i get excal!?!!(yes)

hey guys, i just sold my f/x cocker to my shop to save up for a excal, im pretty sure, if not positive im going to be HAPPY and am making the right decision, i just need a few 'this gun rox, get it' to get my decisions straight, i seen the #0000 at the bash at the aka booth, at first i just thought it was another eletro, but then a couple weeks ago i got to shoot one, and i read up on it, and boy am i in love. im prolly get the one at bbt's, i lov the mill and acidwash.
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2001, 11:10 PM #2
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

grr, 13 views but no replys?
Old 09-06-2001, 11:45 PM #3
Gecko
Fat Red Head

Gecko is a Supporting Member
Gecko is a founding member
what do you want us to do?
jump around in a circle and scream like a girl?
Gecko
Head Tech
www.destructivecustoms.com
www.mattsoutback.com
Old 09-06-2001, 11:53 PM #4
CEO

To Excal or not to Excal

Actually, we would like you to buy something else. That way WE ARE THE ONLY ONES ON THE FIELD with this superior marker.

Please buy something else. Good God! What, parish the thought, if we had two teams all shooting Excaliburs. Then no one would have an advantage in equipment! Paint sales would go down because you wouldn't need to sling a case a kill. You might not need to keep a back-up gun in your kit, thus saving enough money to play 4 or 5 more tournaments this year.

That is the question

CEO
Old 09-06-2001, 11:57 PM #5
DogBoy
SP makse me wana.......

DogBoy is a Supporting Member
the excal is a very, very nice gun. I have had mine a couple month now and love it. the excal is a very solid gun, built to last and AKA will stand behind it 100%. if I would have seen the BBT milled-green acid wash excal I would have gotten it instead of buying mine stock black and used. comming from a cocker I think you will really like the excal, it gives you the things you loved about your cocker with the rate of fire of an elctro. the excal is very efficient, quiet, well balenced, accurateand very fun to shoot. because of the low numbers of excals out not every one on your block will have one, you won't be just another "angel drone" or "tricked cocker owner".

"never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
Old 09-07-2001, 12:19 AM #6
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
I've said it many times and it bears repeating; The Excalibur is by far the best marker I've owned (the best gun is a Ruger but that's a different story!). Customer service is the best, the quality and consistancy is of the highest caliber. CEO is kind of right though, this is a unique marker and raises a lot of eyebrows at the field. At the MXS Merlin scenario game a friend of mine was playing with mine and was the only one there with one. Mother and Pacman were both impressed with it. Mother even made a comment that there were actually 2 Excaliburs on the field and she didn't know which was better or more powerful. The other one was a sword that was being used as a prop.

If you get a chance to shoot one it will impress you even more. I've gotten a lot of eliminations that I probably wouldn't have gotten with my Bushmaster or 'Cocker. In playing a full season with them in tournaments we didn't have a single hot gun penalty or any problems. That says a lot for the consistancy and durability of them. We had 7-9 of them on the field at one time between the 2 teams.

Dan
Old 09-07-2001, 02:55 AM #7
Reciprocity

I have had my Excal for about 10 weeks now. I have shot about 8 cases of paint without any breaks or chops. I shoot cheap paint that is brittle and just happens to fit the stock Javalin perfectly. I have owned atleast a dozen different markers in my days and I have yet to find one that works as well on almost every level. The only thing you sacrafice with an Excal over another marker is Rate of Fire which is capped at 13bps with the datacable. Most of that limitation comes from the fact that it is a true closed bolt low pressure marker. I can easily shoot a case of paint on a full 64/45 fill at 295fps. I have my trigger set so short that I can shoot a non-stop string of balls using on the movement of the bolt to fire the marker. I often get whining newbs and refs wanting to make sure im not shooting full auto and thats at the stock 10.5bps sitting next to angels at 13bps. The trigger has 3 points of adjustment, so you can get just the feel you like. Mine is shorter then a mouse click. My STO required constant maintenance, though mostly cuase I had it timed as short and tight as posible and that cuased more problems then good. I use 5 drops of extreme lube in my Excal a week and thats it, 1 on each bolt oring and 2 in the sidewinder. Other then wiping it down, I havnt had to do anything to it. I have only had to adjust the velocity once since I bought it.

You cannot upgrade it. There is no reason to add volumizers, cuase the damn thing is one huge air chamber. You cant put a beter blot in it, it has a lightening bolt. You can put a better valve in it, it has a Tornado Valve. You cant put a better Reg on it, it comes with a Sidewinder. Hell you cant even waste your money on an expensive A.I.R. system. It doesnt require a $500 bottle to make it work good, you can put a cheap 68/45 preset on it or even a 45/45 preset, which I highly suggest if you shoot less then 1500 rounds a game. It is also amazling lighter then it looks, becuase the damn thing is hollow. When compared to an STO with a Worr hinge frame, they are EXACTLY the same height and the Excal is actually as short as a mini-body would be with no pnumatics on the front. It is actually smaller then an Angel and lighter.

I got the plain un-milled version, but am allready planning on what my next Excal will be. Though it maybe a year or 2 before I want to even get another one. I plan on getting all the excess weight milled off it with a nice anno fade, though that probably wont make it shoot faster.

I did alot of research before I bought mine. I looked at the Matrix and to get it to perform even close to the Excal you need to spend about $1100 and it still wont even come close in efficancy nor the most important part.. the warrenty. Though it will shoot faster, but who really needs more then 13bps? The only thing for me that came close would have been to build a custom Merlin cocker and put a really good electro trigger on it, like an F5 kit or a racegun grip and in the end, it wouldnt have been as reliable and it still would have had a mechanical hammer, where as the Excal has a seperate ram dedicated to the hammer. This means no Sear/Lug and no Hammer Spring. It would have also cost about $500 more and would have been bulkier.

In the future you will be able to put a Ball drop sensor which will allow you to remove the ROF cap of 13bsp, though I doubt any true closed bolt, Low pressure marker can shoot much over 14bps, which is more then fine for me cuase I know I can shoot LONG strings at its max rate of fire with no effort. Spend the money you would have spent on an expensive bottle and get a nice hopper that will feed the beast. I suggest atleast a Richo or a TurboBoard moded Revy or even a Halo when it comes out.

good luck with your choice!
Excal #200 with New Board and New LED Tray.
Shocktech Rail Drop Forward.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 09-07-2001, 09:01 AM #8
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

thanks you guys for posting, specially rec, i really appreciate it. ya im pretty sure im going to get one now, so thx for your support.