Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Old Rules for Clubs Threads (merged)

Making any sort of Haters Club is going to be a ticket to a vacation. Nothing good can come from them. Do not make them. Simple enough? Good, thanks.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2006, 12:40 PM #2
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Big P is a Supporting Member
Big P donated to help Peyton Trent
Big P supports Bob Gurnsey
Big P supports our troops
I think its tiime to let this be put out again so everyone understands. NO HATERS CLUBS.

If it works, take it apart and find out why.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:11 PM #3
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Announcement regarding B/S/T Practice in Clubs

This is a paintball club forum. The following is NOT ALLOWED in club threads.

B/S/T of markers in club threads

Request of ups by other club members, or requests to give a sig some love.

No Versus threads. There are plenty of markr specific forums to talk about specific markers in.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:21 AM #4
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Exclamation *** Rules for Clubs Threads ***

I'm shamelessly copying the bulk of this from Manike's Intimidator forum rules, which is likewise copied from CQ's rules template. There have been an awful lot of clubs that have strayed from the intent of this forum, and since there are no posted guidelines here, there will be now.

1) No BST posts This includes links to any third-party site (Ebay, for example) where equipment is being sold. Any post which breaks this rule will be immediately deleted and the offender will be issued a 5 day temp ban.

2) No flaming will be tolerated. Flaming consists of excessive insults of an offensive nature. Flames can be directed toward individuals, groups, companies, etc., and none of these types are permissible under PBNation rules. Posts or threads containing flames will be edited, closed, or deleted by the moderators at their sole discretion. The decision of what is a flame and what isn’t rests solely with the moderators. Clubs that turn into flame-fests will be closed.

3) Do not post in all caps, as it is generally considered to be “yelling” on the internet. Besides, it’s harder on the eyes and accomplishes nothing. First offenders will be warned; repeat offenders may be subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the moderators.

4) Try to make sure your post will add something worthwhile to the discussion at hand. If all you can say is “yeah” or “that sucks”, then you aren’t contributing any worthwhile information to the community. Remember, in an internet forum all you have to go by is your reputation, and if you don’t contribute, no one will think anything of you.

5) Before posting a new club, try using the “search” function of the website. There may already be a club that fits your niche.

6) Do not revive “dead” threads. That means, if a thread hasn’t gotten a reply in over a month or is more than 10 pages back from the main “current threads” page, you generally should not post in it and bring it back to the top. We obviously didn’t care enough about it to keep it going then; we still don’t care so don’t bring it back. We realize that there may be occasional exceptions to this rule but they are uncommon. Most dead thread revivals will result in a warning and then a ban for repeat offenders.

7) The Golden Rule applies. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Be generally respectful of all the other users here. If you have a problem with someone, just ignore them instead of burdening the rest of the community with your squabbles.

8) If you see a violation of these rules occurring, please do not attempt to correct the offender yourself in any way. That’s why moderators exist. Simply use the “Report the Post” function to alert the moderators of the nature of the infraction, and they will handle the situation in a method they deem appropriate. When six users jump on another user for an infraction, all it does is send the thread down the tubes and cause general disruption. Let the moderators do the dirty work.

9) All decisions rest with and are made by the moderators of the PBTalk:Clubs forum and the staff of PBNation in general. All decisions made by moderators are final and non-negotiable. Moderators may interpret these rules as they see fit and may act on those interpretations. If you feel you have been disciplined unjustly, send a respectful PM to one of the moderators and we will explain to you why actions were taken. Threats or arguments with the moderators will result in further and more severe actions.

10) No "upping" will be permitted. A club must live or die by member participation, not by the club starter (or a small number of people) pointlessly upping the thread.

11) Clubs that become General Discussion Threads will be closed. There's a place for general discussion... we call it Small Talk. If Small Talk won't have it, then that makes it pretty clear as far as what to do with that particular discussion - take it to PM's, or private forums. As a general guideline, if more than 50% of a thread is off topic, it's gone too far. We understand there is going to be some OT, but the majority needs to be about paintball-related topics!

It seems this is too vague for some people. To define more clearly, in addition to the 50% guideline above, if we have to read two or more pages of posts about something other than the club topic, it's gone OT, and is subject to not only closure, but also infractions for those spamming OT. The club topic MUST be maintained with substantive posts as well. As an example, in an Ego club, posting "Egos rule!" to try to stay within the two page frame is not substantive. Neither is posting something about other guns, goggles, hoppers, etc. If it's not on the club topic, it's off topic.

12) Clubs that are formed without a paintball basis (or with a marginal paintball basis) will be closed. This decision will be at the sole discretion of the PBN staff.

13) Hater clubs are not permitted.

14) All the General Rules of PBNation, as well as the General Rules of PBTalk are in effect here. All posters will be expected to follow said rules or accept the results of not following the rules.

15) Personal fan clubs are not allowed. A few - VERY FEW - exceptions exist for people noteworthy as players and industry figures. Starting a fan club for a buddy, yourself, or anyone most of the paintball community doesn't know or care about will earn a ban. Not sure if someone's club-worthy? Feel free to ask, but if you're not sure, then they probably aren't.

16) The encouragement of spammers and BOSers shall get your club closed and/or deleted until the BOS is addressed.

17) "First post" posts are spam, and will be treated as such. Spam gets people a vacation. This also includes editing your post after the fact.

18) Links to an outside site involving a club will be grounds for a ban and the closing/removal of a club. This is considered spam.

19) Remaking a closed thread without PBN Staff approval will result in infractions and/or bans. When a thread is closed, there's a reason. Do not take it upon yourself to "give it another try". The staff will make it known if a new thread will be allowed. If we do not say there can be another, then there cannot be a new thread made.

20) Clubs formed based on race, national heritage, and religion can no longer be kept open or started new. The potential for massive disaster with this is just too great. As of 3-16-11, all such clubs are subject to being closed as they are found.

These rules take effect immediately. All threads which were in existence prior to the posting of these new unified rules will be grandfathered in, but any thread created after the introduction of these rules or brought to our attention by being on the first page is completely subject to them and ignorance of these rules will not be tolerated as an excuse for non-compliance. Thank you all for your cooperation and enjoy the Nation.

Last edited by Pump Scout : 03-16-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:41 PM #5
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
16. The encouragement of spammers and BOSers shall get your club closed and/or deleted until the BOS is addressed.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:47 PM #6
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Added 16 & 17 to original post.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:25 AM #7
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Added 18, upon clarification from Administration.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 PM #8
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
RULES....Refresh yourself AGAIN, plus closings list

I suggest you take a look at the rules. It seems many of you have not read them at all. No more infractions for first post spam.

GDTs will be shut down period.

Filter bypass will get you infracted or banned. Dont sensor yourself, let the filter do its job.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:28 PM #9
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Just thought it might benefit everyone to be reminded of this one:

12) Clubs that are formed without a paintball basis (or with a marginal paintball basis) will be closed. This decision will be at the sole discretion of the PBN staff.

There have been a handful of clubs out there which were more-or-less grandfathered with this issue. There is no more grandfathering. If a club has no paintball basis, or a slim-to-none tie, it's going to be shut down. Please also note #19, new today.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:51 PM #10
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
For anyone posting in here, the OT/GDT situation is way beyond tolerable. It's going to suck for everyone if we start losing clubs because nobody can stay on a paintball-related topic anywhere at all in this whole forum.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 PM #11
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
And here we go. I've been meaning to set this up for a while just for record keeping purposes.

Warnings for Clubs (date warned, reason)
AZN Ballas Club (12-14-10, OT)
Luxe Mob (12-15-10, drug discussion)
Etek Owners Mafia (1-7-11, drug discussion)
P.I.M.P. Paintball Is My Passion (1-7-11, drug link)
Closed Bolt Ballers (1-10-11, drug discussion)
Timmy Clan (1-11-11, OT)
Ego Mafia (1-16-11, OT)
Midwest Mafia (5-5-11 OT)

Closed threads (date closed, closed time period, reason)(date opened)
Cali Ballers Club (closed 12-14-10, indefinitely closed for nude picture requests)
Ego Mafia(closed 01-24-2011, closed for OT after numerous warnings. reopened 5/5/2011)
Luxe Mob(closed 3-19-11, 1 week, closed for OT)
Foretellers of the Prophecy(closed 4-25-11, 1 week, OT, reopened 5-2-11)
Foretellers of the Prophecy (closed 5-12-11, OT, new thread created by a mod 5-12-11
Matrix Owners Legion V16// We are not about drugs. (closed until further notice 6-17-11, OT)

Closed threads reopened (moved from above after re-opening)
SBPM•Speedball Player's Mafia (closed 1-7-11, one week, Discussion of Illegal Substances) (opened 2-14-11)

Closed clubs - permanently closed (reason)
RI Ballers Club (OT, disrespect of staff)
SL Owners Group (OT despite repeated warnings)

Last edited by msonic : 02-15-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:13 AM #12
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Rule 11 clarified. It's getting a little absurd out there.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:39 PM #13
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Added Rule 20:

Clubs formed based on race, national heritage, and religion can no longer be kept open or started new. The potential for massive disaster with this is just too great. As of 3-16-11, all such clubs are subject to being closed as they are found.

Sorry, we're just not going down that road. Ever.

Closed Thread