Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPShockerSFT View Post
Would you trade a ETek 1 with aftermarket bolt and 2-piece JT barrel for a Proto PM6 with Virtue board and DYE Ultralight? If not what would the PM6 add to get an even deal?

--Steven
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiviton View Post
i know the difference is composite frame, eye covers and feed neck. if you has anyone had any problems with the frame or feedneck? do you guys think its worth the extra 130? whats your guys' take?
Moved to the Etek versus thread.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 PM #1159
FuzzyMcFatAss (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Baller View Post
I got a g3 a while back and have had nothing but problems with. Im so fed up that Im fixing it and selling it even though it shot incredible. I went to play tonight and use my cousing new etek 3 now personally I think the G3 shot just as good as it maybe a little faster. (please dont flame I know but its my opinion). I played with it all night and liked it but wasent really so impressed by it granted its not broken in. comparing the price and preformance to the g3 (reliability aside) I didnt think it was so great. the last game he hands me his ego 10 w/ stiffi wich is broken in and oh my god what a difference I thought but he said to me after the game that when he grabbed the etek he thought it felt faster. these guns are both his so hes not biased now is it in my head that I picked up a more expensive gun and it shot soo much better. Any thought opinions etc. also if anyone can recomend any other guns I would appreciate it . Im also thinkin of looking at a sl8r now but honestly I dont play so often that I need to spend big money cause I dont have it but I want the best. do I stay g3/ etek 3 /ego if so what year/ or sl8r or in that family .Thanks for any feedback
(Excuse my language) **** the G3. Don't buy it. End of Story.
FuzzyMcFatAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 PM #1160
FedEx_Ground

FedEx_Ground owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Etek 2 vs Etek 3am

Much of a difference? Is the Etek 2 all metal? or more like the LT?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:25 PM #1161
Uziel Gal

The etek2 is all metal.

Please refer to the two "Etek Truth" threads in the stickies for more details and comparisons.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 AM #1162
marpole24

marpole24 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
marpole24 supports Team VICIOUS
etek 2 question

g3 se with Virtue Oled Board, Tech T Bolt, Virtue Laser Eyes, CP Trigger, Dye Hyper 3 Reg.

OOOOORRRR

09 etek 2 with laser eyes only???
originally posted by jeryzkid22 How many first paintball guns can you possibly have? Its like asking how many times you lost your viginity.
"Originally posted by rickspiked: There is a 100% chance I don't give a ****."
marpole24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:36 AM #1163
Uziel Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpole24 View Post
g3 se with Virtue Oled Board, Tech T Bolt, Virtue Laser Eyes, CP Trigger, Dye Hyper 3 Reg.

OOOOORRRR

Moved to the versus thread.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 AM #1164
grizzly_fin

Quote:

OOOOORRRR

Etek2, without hesitation...
grizzly_fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 AM #1165
marpole24

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_fin View Post
Etek2, without hesitation...
But why?? Facts please
originally posted by jeryzkid22 How many first paintball guns can you possibly have? Its like asking how many times you lost your viginity.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:01 AM #1166
grizzly_fin

Quote:
But why?? Facts please
1. Reliabilaty
2. quality
3. Efficiancy
4. Durabilaty

The four most important things in a marker ( IMO ) and the Etek wins over the G3 in all of those. The appearance of the G3 is "cheaper", Etek has a better board ( unless you like dipswitches...). The good things with the G3 would be weight, and fast dissasembly. You'll get balls flying with it, but the Etek2 does it better The G3 is a spoolie, so it will and does require more maintainance than the Etek, wich is very userfriendly what comes to maintainance.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:30 AM #1167
zero skillet
Squat Till You Drop

has been a member for 10 years
No

Last edited by zero skillet : 04-08-2010 at 08:54 AM.
zero skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:35 AM #1168
michael maund

etek

i have an 06 etek all done up with the starframe,zick kit, hushbolt 09 selonoidand am wondering is ther a big performance difference between it and the sl8r 08
michael maund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM #1169
marpole24

Quote:
1. Reliabilaty
2. quality
3. Efficiancy
4. Durabilaty

The four most important things in a marker ( IMO ) and the Etek wins over the G3 in all of those. The appearance of the G3 is "cheaper", Etek has a better board ( unless you like dipswitches...). The good things with the G3 would be weight, and fast dissasembly. You'll get balls flying with it, but the Etek2 does it better The G3 is a spoolie, so it will and does require more maintainance than the Etek, wich is very userfriendly what comes to maintainance.
ok but the g3 has a virtue oled board, a new hypper 3 reg and a new bolt. performance wise could it outdo an etek 2 w/ laser eyes??
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 PM #1170
grizzly_fin

Quote:
ok but the g3 has a virtue oled board, a new hypper 3 reg and a new bolt. performance wise could it outdo an etek 2 w/ laser eyes??
Well, I wouldn't say outdo or outperform. It might do well, but it is
still a mid-end spoolie ( even tough pimped out ) against a mid-end poppit. I would still take the Etek2 over the G3. You probably won't notice any difference in accuracy, or in rate of fire (most fields and tournaments have rof limits anyways), but still, the Etek is more userfriendly. The G3 is a little more quiet than the Etek, but the Etek still requires less maintainance, and is still more reliable than the G3, and more efficiant. Somebody might have a different opinion, but this is what I think of these two. It's pretty much up to what you want from the marker. My preference has been stated allready, and I've tried both these markers (not such a pimped G3, but it still is a G3). And you can't do much more to the G3, but for the Etek2 you can get a Cure2 or 3, and a Zick-kit, wich will make it performance a little better.

Oh, and since you allready have the Etek2, and knows how it performs, why take the risk. My opinion (if I didn't make it clear enough allready ) would be to stay with the Etek2.

Over and out.

Last edited by grizzly_fin : 04-07-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:05 PM #1171
marpole24

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't say outdo or outperform. It might do well, but it is
still a mid-end spoolie ( even tough pimped out ) against a mid-end poppit. I would still take the Etek2 over the G3. You probably won't notice any difference in accuracy, or in rate of fire (most fields and tournaments have rof limits anyways), but still, the Etek is more userfriendly. The G3 is a little more quiet than the Etek, but the Etek still requires less maintainance, and is still more reliable than the G3, and more efficiant. Somebody might have a different opinion, but this is what I think of these two. It's pretty much up to what you want from the marker. My preference has been stated allready, and I've tried both these markers (not such a pimped G3, but it still is a G3). And you can't do much more to the G3, but for the Etek2 you can get a Cure2 or 3, and a Zick-kit, wich will make it performance a little better.

Oh, and since you allready have the Etek2, and knows how it performs, why take the risk. My opinion (if I didn't make it clear enough allready ) would be to stay with the Etek2.

Over and out.
OK thank you. and im pretty sure im right on this, but ego 8 over 09etek 2 with laser eyes. right??
Old 04-07-2010, 02:10 PM #1172
grizzly_fin

Quote:
OK thank you. and im pretty sure im right on this, but ego 8 over 09etek 2 with laser eyes. right??
Well...kinda yes, and kinda no. The Ego08 is smoother in every way, but they are quite on the same line what becomes liabilaty. The Ego is lighter and a little smoother, but it has qev's, that eventually will give up on you. It's all up to preferences. I played last season with my Etek2, even if I had a brand new Ego9 with me all the time. The Etek2 just felt better at the time
Old 04-07-2010, 02:13 PM #1173
marpole24

Quote:
Well...kinda yes, and kinda no. The Ego08 is smoother in every way, but they are quite on the same line what becomes liabilaty. The Ego is lighter and a little smoother, but it has qev's, that eventually will give up on you. It's all up to preferences. I played last season with my Etek2, even if I had a brand new Ego9 with me all the time. The Etek2 just felt better at the time
oh ok. whats a good price or good trade for a pevs 08 ego? from an etek 2 and dxs stub tank?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 AM #1174
zero skillet
Squat Till You Drop

has been a member for 10 years
Etek3 or ego 06($300)?

I tried searching thread, had trouble finding anything.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:50 PM #1175
Ionballer408
Snakeside-News

Whats better, NXT Shocker,G3 Spec-r, PMR,ETEK 3,Protege or other?

What the best gun in the 400-625 dollars price range out of all those?
Ionballer408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 PM #1176
Uziel Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionballer408 View Post
What the best gun in the 400-625 dollars price range out of all those?
Moved to the versus thread.