Pballer3223

ego 09 or etek 3?
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 PM #1073
Rapt0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer3223 View Post
ego 09 or etek 3?
I've asked this question just a few posts back.
I'm going with the Etek. A lot less costly. Can up it for "almost" Ego like performance eventually.
Rapt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM #1074
burton28
HG

burton28 plays in the PSP
burton28 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
burton28 plays in the APPA D4 division
If your gonna get the Etek might as well get the AM version.

I am stuck between a 2010 PMR and a Etek 3 Lt =/
burton28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:19 PM #1075
Pballer3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapt0r View Post
I've asked this question just a few posts back.
I'm going with the Etek. A lot less costly. Can up it for "almost" Ego like performance eventually.
So like, what upgrades could i get for the etek?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 PM #1076
xTiburonx

Cure 3+ bolt,
Zick2?
Emortal LCD board.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:26 AM #1077
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Yes, the Zick2 rammer will fit the Etek3.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 PM #1078
Pballer3223

So zick reduces kick, the cure bolt helps balls from breaking? and emortal LCD board does? That's only for the AM etek right?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:14 PM #1079
cdswensen
Rogue Division

cdswensen owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
The cure 3 helps the ball settle in the chamber faster (thus slightly allowing to safely fire faster) and has less of a chance to cut the bottom the the next ball in the feed tube. The emortal LCD allows you to get up to about 22 bps if im not mistaken and it has more modes of fire to choose from along with the ussual LCD features like ball fired count, game timer, and so on. The LCD can be put into the AM straight out of the box and can be put into the LT once you get the AM upgrade kit for it.

Etek 3 AM- Cure 3+, Zick 2, Violent Scythe Trigger
Halo Too
Ninja Carbon 45/4500

GearBag sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3420785
cdswensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:03 PM #1080
Uziel Gal

Yes, the eye on rate of fire cap on the Emortal board can be adjusted up to 22bps, but further to that you can also set the board to have the rate of fire uncapped.

The actual fire modes are still variations on semi and ramping - there aren't any "recreational" modes for want of a better term - but you have presets for NPPL, PSP, Millennium etc. rather than having to keep reprogramming the board entirely, each time you change playing styles. You also have two memory slots to save your own personal settings to.

Ramping modes can be customised in several ways.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:04 PM #1081
burton28
HG

Uziel,

What do you think.

I am currently stuck between the 2010 PMR and the Etek 3 Lt.

What are the pro's and con's to each question ( if you know. )

And what would be your decision and why? ( Probably PE based lol.)
Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 PM #1082
Rapt0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton28 View Post
Uziel,

What do you think.

I am currently stuck between the 2010 PMR and the Etek 3 Lt.

What are the pro's and con's to each question ( if you know. )

And what would be your decision and why? ( Probably PE based lol.)
Poppet vs Spoolie.
Personally, after experiencing the SLG, I'd gonna go with PE. I kinda lost my faith in Dye/Proto. I'm just characterizing based on a single experience...
From what I've read up, the Etek should be a whole lot easier in maintanence. A lot louder and a bit more kick compared to the PMR. I'm still waiting to get my Etek3 LT
Old 02-17-2010, 10:12 PM #1083
burton28
HG

Let me know when you get it, I wanna hear how it is compared to the PMR and the SLG UL.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:33 AM #1084
Uziel Gal

I'm not the best person to respend to versus threads other than to provide some factual information to help a person make their choice. When it comes to the actual decision itself, I know I'm likely to be biased towards one marker or the other (then again, just about any opinion is going to be tainted by preferences of the person expressing teh opinion).

As Rapt0r stated, you are comparing two different classes of marker anyway, so other than the fact that they both do the same basic job (launch a paintball), and are both electronic markers, there are a lot of differences between them. That being the case, it is worth considering if you do already have a pre-conceived preference for spool or poppet markers, in which case, you may want to stick with what you already know and like.

Very broadly speaking, the Etek will be easier to do day to day maintenance on, but may take longer to do a complete strip down. The PMR will take longer day to day, but not actually take all that much more work to do a complete strip. The PMR is more reliant on regular maintenance being carried out. If i had to stick my neck out, I would say that the Etek is probably more reliable - the spool valves reliance on the o-rings being in tip top condition means that they are susceptible to little leaks and so forth. The Etek should have better efficiency. The PMR is likely to be quieter and smoother. The PMR would have more modes and a wider rate of fire adjustment in all modes. The Etek board is capped to a maximum of 15.4bps other than in semi (uncapped) and only has semi and ramping, but it has other adjustments that the PMR board doesn't. I'd say that the Etek was more solidly built than the PMR.

I could probably keep going with comparisons and contrasts for a while, but you can probably see a pattern emerging by now - each marker has it's positives and each has some negatives. What features you consider most important, and which marker deals with those features best, may be the biggest influence on your choice. In that respect, only you can make the decision, as only you know which features are most important to you.

Your best bet as always, if at all possible, is to get hold of each marker and try it out for yourself.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:50 PM #1085
burton28
HG

Thats tough because where I live there is alot of snow on the ground and I'm not sure where the nearest indoor field is.

I really like how the UL frame feels and the smoothness if you will. Efficiency isn't too big of a deal because where I play its free fills all day.

As for board modes that doesn't really matter either I am just a rec player looking for a nicer gun. Not planning to play in an tournaments but who knows what the future holds.

I have heard two things. That the Etek is much louder than the PMR and that Eteks shoot the ball on an arc rather than a straight line.

We can continue this talk in PM if you would like or we could stay here. Doesn't matter to me.

Thanks again for all the input guys,
Burton28
Old 02-18-2010, 09:02 PM #1086
Rapt0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton28 View Post
Thats tough because where I live there is alot of snow on the ground and I'm not sure where the nearest indoor field is.

I really like how the UL frame feels and the smoothness if you will. Efficiency isn't too big of a deal because where I play its free fills all day.

As for board modes that doesn't really matter either I am just a rec player looking for a nicer gun. Not planning to play in an tournaments but who knows what the future holds.

I have heard two things. That the Etek is much louder than the PMR and that Eteks shoot the ball on an arc rather than a straight line.

We can continue this talk in PM if you would like or we could stay here. Doesn't matter to me.

Thanks again for all the input guys,
Burton28
All markers, whether Spools or Poppets shoot in an arc. In fact all guns shoot with a projectile trajectory. If you mean the marker causes a horizontal arc, that can be due to several reasons. Most commonly the ball itself. Dimpled, irregular paintballs will go all over the place.
The marker settings, barrels (clean or dirty because of a barrel burst) also cause variations in the path the paintball takes.

If you like a quieter and smooth shooting gun, go for the PMR. I'm shifting to the Etek only because of maintanence. I stay in India and it's a pain trying to get the marker's fixed here. My SLG is just lying useless.

I don't care about the modes because we play capped semi here. So it doesn't make a difference to me.

Last edited by Rapt0r : 02-19-2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Grammatical error :) Realised it 12 hours later!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:42 PM #1087
burton28
HG

Yeah same modes don't matter. I am in the US so if something goes wrong I can just contact them and get it fixed.

But the guy at my pro shop said that Spools shot more of a straight line while a Poppit shoots more arced. Like Spool such as PMR shoots straight out then gravity affects it while Poppit shoot it upwards a little bit? Im trying to remember exactly what he said this was 2 weeks ago or so.

I shot my cousins PMR and I love how smooth it is and the grips and the quietness but I have no predetermined Poppit or Spoolie mind set yet.

I am open to anything. I am just concerned about the LT due to it being composite and its the first time Eclipse has used that type of material in a marker.

One last thing Uziel, is there any way of me just purchasing the AM frame ? Im not interested in the other stuff, I could careless about it. If so for how much and where would I get it?

Last edited by burton28 : 02-18-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 AM #1088
Uziel Gal

As Rapt0r stated, both markers should shoot with the same trajectory if they have the same velocity, and assuming that nothing is forcing a change in the trajectory.

Planet will most likely have spare frames available once things have settled down a little and the Etek3 has been in circulation a little longer, but right now, buying the upgrade kit complete with the eye covers and feed neck would be the normal route to get the frame.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM #1089
burton28
HG

Uziel you work for eclipse right? Is there anyway you could contact pe in the us and see if they would just sell me an am frame?

How much louder would you guess the etek is compared to the PMR ?

I am stuck here and it sucksssss let me tell you
Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM #1090
Uziel Gal

I do a bit of beta testing for Planet, but I'm not an employee unfortunately.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM #1091
burton28
HG

Dang! Maybe Jack will get in here and answer my question?

Could you tell me how much louder the Etek is than the PMR .

Both such good guns only can afford one though
Old 02-20-2010, 02:27 PM #1092
ghost06gt
The Ghost

I have owned both the etek is not that much louder than the pmr. I had the pmr 3 weeks and traded it for the etek 3 lt and will never look back. I like the way the etek feels in my hand and the way it shoots. Pmr might be smoother but I rather have a little kick and know i'm shooting somthing.
ghost06gt is offline   Reply With Quote