Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
***Technical Service Bulletin Ego7***

Technical Service Bulletin

It has been brought to our attention that there have been a small number of problems with some early deliveries of Ego7s.

Through extensive investigation and close cooperation with our suppliers and customers it has become clear that these issues are due to a potential fault in a small number of the new custom-built solenoid valve assembly used in the Ego7.

Solenoid valves that have the potential to exhibit these issues can only be found in guns with BODY numbers (Note: The Body number can be found at the back of the body just below the rammer cap) between:

20002 and 20587

*Please note the BODY number is not the same as the Serial number printed on the outside of the packaging.*

These issues will exhibit themselves in one of two ways on the gun:

1) A leak from the solenoid valve. This is the most obvious and identifiable problem.
2) Low or inconsistent velocity. This is a less obvious symptom of the solenoid valve issue as it can easily be falsely attributed to other potential problems such as regulators, rammer, exhaust valve etc

On a very small number of guns these issues have arisen after a few hundred shots. On the majority of other guns we have not seen any issues develop even after several tens-of-thousands of cycles.

EGO7’s with serial number 20588 and higher DO NOT have this potential fault and we are confident that there is no further chance of this fault occurring again.

The fault in the solenoid valve has arisen due to the failure of the solenoid valve manufacturers to securely Loctite one of the internal components in place. That means that in use one of the internal components may be allowed to move and cause the solenoid valve to malfunction in one of the ways described above.

The Solenoid Valve manufacturers have accepted full responsibility for the problem, sighting miscommunication between the Product Development Department and the Production Department, but they assure us that there will be no future issues with these particular components or solenoid valves.

They have agreed to replace all solenoid valves currently in circulation under a warranty replacement scheme. We are in the process of having new solenoid valves delivered to all our key Eclipse Service Centres and we will be directing customers with the above numbered Ego7s to their nearest centre to have the solenoids replaced. We aim to commence shipping new solenoid valves to centres and customers on Friday 22nd Dec.

At this stage we will offer customers with Ego7s in this body-number group several options in order to best service their needs:

1) You may continue using your Ego7. There is a possibility that one of the above issues may arise at some point, but until that time the gun should function perfectly. At a time that is convenient to your playing schedule, remove and return the solenoid to be replaced with a new valve. See On-Line for Info on how to do this.
2) If your Ego7 displays either fault now, you can remove your solenoid valve from the manifold of your Ego7 (this can be done without disconnecting any hosing and requires only the frame to be removed and the use of a small cross-head screw driver), return it by mail to either an Eclipse Certified Service Centre (see www.planeteclipse.com or the back of your Ego7 manual for listings) or direct to Planet Eclipse in either Manchester, UK or Rhode Island, US (please use common sense and send it to your nearest centre).

We obviously urge you to contact either your nearest Eclipse Service Centre or Planet Eclipse directly regarding supply and availability of replacement components. Ensure you have your body serial number to hand.

If you choose to replace your own valve we will be supplying the solenoid valve together with 2 x Mounting Screw and 3 x Manifold O-Ring in a package.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused you, and of course Planet Eclipse will do anything we can to assist you in reaching a speedy solution to this problem.

Planet Eclipse is a company that prides itself on being as straight forward and direct with our customers, dealers and service centres as possible, and in doing everything in our power to ensure that our customers are totally satisfied in our products and customer service.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at any time. But please note that both the UK and US offices will be closing at 4:00pm (local time) on Friday 22nd December and re-opening at 9:30am (local time) on Tuesday 2nd January.

Thank you all for your understanding, and again I can only apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards

Jack Wood

Head of Product Development
Planet Eclipse Ltd.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2006, 12:17 PM #2
cyberrick
@ Velocity Paintball

cyberrick is a Supporting Member
cyberrick supports Cereal Killerz 2
cyberrick donated to help Peyton Trent
cyberrick owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cyberrick supports Team VICIOUS
cyberrick supports DLX Technology
Good job P.E.

For those local to SD we will have replacements available at Velocity in the Bonita location.

SL74-GEO-MARQ-SEX That kills
Velocity Sunday Club
Old 12-20-2006, 12:30 PM #3
coyut
PE Tech and www.341.ch

coyut owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Swiss folks can either contact me directly or through the paintball arena.

Selling my Coyut SL74
Old 12-20-2006, 03:29 PM #4
GoKellys1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Technical Service Bulletin

It has been brought to our attention that there have been a small number of problems with some early deliveries of Ego7s.

Through extensive investigation and close cooperation with our suppliers and customers it has become clear that these issues are due to a potential fault in a small number of the new custom-built solenoid valve assembly used in the Ego7.

Solenoid valves that have the potential to exhibit these issues can only be found in guns with BODY numbers (Note: The Body number can be found at the back of the body just below the rammer cap) between:

20002 and 20587

*Please note the BODY number is not the same as the Serial number printed on the outside of the packaging.*

These issues will exhibit themselves in one of two ways on the gun:

1) A leak from the solenoid valve. This is the most obvious and identifiable problem.
2) Low or inconsistent velocity. This is a less obvious symptom of the solenoid valve issue as it can easily be falsely attributed to other potential problems such as regulators, rammer, exhaust valve etc

On a very small number of guns these issues have arisen after a few hundred shots. On the majority of other guns we have not seen any issues develop even after several tens-of-thousands of cycles.

EGO7’s with serial number 20588 and higher DO NOT have this potential fault and we are confident that there is no further chance of this fault occurring again.

The fault in the solenoid valve has arisen due to the failure of the solenoid valve manufacturers to securely Loctite one of the internal components in place. That means that in use one of the internal components may be allowed to move and cause the solenoid valve to malfunction in one of the ways described above.

The Solenoid Valve manufacturers have accepted full responsibility for the problem, sighting miscommunication between the Product Development Department and the Production Department, but they assure us that there will be no future issues with these particular components or solenoid valves.

They have agreed to replace all solenoid valves currently in circulation under a warranty replacement scheme. We are in the process of having new solenoid valves delivered to all our key Eclipse Service Centres and we will be directing customers with the above numbered Ego7s to their nearest centre to have the solenoids replaced. We aim to commence shipping new solenoid valves to centres and customers on Friday 22nd Dec.

At this stage we will offer customers with Ego7s in this body-number group several options in order to best service their needs:

1) You may continue using your Ego7. There is a possibility that one of the above issues may arise at some point, but until that time the gun should function perfectly. At a time that is convenient to your playing schedule, remove and return the solenoid to be replaced with a new valve. See On-Line for Info on how to do this.
2) If your Ego7 displays either fault now, you can remove your solenoid valve from the manifold of your Ego7 (this can be done without disconnecting any hosing and requires only the frame to be removed and the use of a small cross-head screw driver), return it by mail to either an Eclipse Certified Service Centre (see www.planeteclipse.com or the back of your Ego7 manual for listings) or direct to Planet Eclipse in either Manchester, UK or Rhode Island, US (please use common sense and send it to your nearest centre).

We obviously urge you to contact either your nearest Eclipse Service Centre or Planet Eclipse directly regarding supply and availability of replacement components. Ensure you have your body serial number to hand.

If you choose to replace your own valve we will be supplying the solenoid valve together with 2 x Mounting Screw and 3 x Manifold O-Ring in a package.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused you, and of course Planet Eclipse will do anything we can to assist you in reaching a speedy solution to this problem.

Planet Eclipse is a company that prides itself on being as straight forward and direct with our customers, dealers and service centres as possible, and in doing everything in our power to ensure that our customers are totally satisfied in our products and customer service.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at any time. But please note that both the UK and US offices will be closing at 4:00pm (local time) on Friday 22nd December and re-opening at 9:30am (local time) on Tuesday 2nd January.

Thank you all for your understanding, and again I can only apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards

Jack Wood

Head of Product Development
Planet Eclipse Ltd.
Just a typo or am I missing something. How are the body numbers related to the serial numbers?
Impact fanclub #69
Nexus fanclub #69
"dont add oil to your fill nipple" the life you save might just be your own.
.::L0G::.
R.I.P.
Stephen "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin
22 February 1962- 4 September 2006
Old 12-20-2006, 03:46 PM #5
Duke_fann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKellys1991 View Post
Just a typo or am I missing something. How are the body numbers related to the serial numbers?
the body number on your marker and the serial number on the box are not the same. Refer to the number on your marker to see if this effects you
Old 12-20-2006, 03:46 PM #6
goku
Ninja Pimp

goku is a Supporting Member
goku owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
never mind Duke_fann beat me to it

Last edited by goku : 12-20-2006 at 03:47 PM. Reason: post above
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 PM #7
Duke_fann

am i the only one who thinks this should be a sticky?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:20 PM #8
blahh417 (Banned)
six|six|one to the Kona

eclipse customer service FTMFW!!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:55 PM #9
PbGunSeller

nice.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 AM #10
Bump PB

Bump PB is a Supporting Member
should definately be a sticky, atleast a temp one.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:53 AM #11
ebolacola
bug'in out

ebolacola is a Supporting Member
ebolacola donated to help Peyton Trent
ebolacola supports Bob Gurnsey
sure it is a sticky.. i just had to wake up first!

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway
Old 12-21-2006, 03:07 AM #12
kerin

kerin donated to help Peyton Trent
Does the gloss red ego7 pre-ordered in europe will come with the correct solenoid?

thx
Old 12-21-2006, 06:23 AM #13
jahlad
Emortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerin View Post
Does the gloss red ego7 pre-ordered in europe will come with the correct solenoid?

thx
any 07 with the body number 20588 or above will have the new solenoid fitted, if the number is below that it will be labelled on the gun if the new solenoid is fitted.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:47 AM #14
bullet111
I wanna make bank bro.

Annual Supporting Member
bullet111 is a Supporting Member
bullet111 plays in the PSP
bullet111 donated to help Peyton Trent
bullet111 plays in the APPA D3 division
My serial is 20176 does mine have a bad solenoid ? I will be recieving it today ...
Old 12-21-2006, 07:57 AM #15
coyut
PE Tech and www.341.ch

coyut owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
@bullet111

Your mentioned body number is in the range between 20002 to 20587.
So if your body number is actually 20176 then yes, you are one of the customers who could get a replacement solenoid.

Selling my Coyut SL74
Old 12-21-2006, 08:00 AM #16
bullet111
I wanna make bank bro.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyut View Post
@bullet111

Your mentioned body number is in the range between 20002 to 20587.
So if your body number is actually 20176 then yes, you are one of the customers who could get a replacement solenoid.
So will my solenoid be definatley defective ?
Old 12-21-2006, 09:01 AM #17
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet111 View Post
So will my solenoid be definatley defective ?
OMG :wall:

Did you read that long post above at all?

NO, it is not DEFINITELY defective.

YES, it may POSSIBLY be defective.

After the holidays, contact your nearest service centre and make plans to have the solenoid replaced.

Jack
Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 AM #18
bullet111
I wanna make bank bro.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
OMG :wall:

Did you read that long post above at all?

NO, it is not DEFINITELY defective.

YES, it may POSSIBLY be defective.

After the holidays, contact your nearest service centre and make plans to have the solenoid replaced.

Jack
Thanks , sorry ..
Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 PM #19
Jasarii
Warped Army

Jasarii is a Supporting Member
Jasarii owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thanks Jack...hopefully mine(noid) will get shipped out Friday from R.I.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:52 PM #20
EgoBeliever
Climbin' in yo windows

Way to stand up PE!

Sidenote: To all consumers... this is why you dont want to buy the first batch of ANY new gun. Problems happen, regardless of how many man hours are put into a project. But the way i see it is... let other people test out the new stuff and ill go buy it once any and all bug are worked out.

Once again, applause to PE for standing up and pulling through with their now famous CS! Thanks PE and I will be ordering mine shortly.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:19 AM #21
MillsyMan

Well my body number is 20103 and I havent had any leaking yet, only shot about 1500 shots of air, no balls yet to check velocity. I read about this in another thread and thought I was in the clear since mine didnt leak but I guess I'm not

A real bummer to know that your brand new $1200 gun is defective and you may go another gunless weekend, especially since there is no eclipse dealer/tech around here

And also, between me and my girlfriend (my xmas presents) we gave PE about $1800 this christmas so you better be offering some good customer service :p

Last edited by MillsyMan : 12-23-2006 at 12:23 AM.