Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-20-2006, 06:31 PM #43
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

fornicate in the pie is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguydude View Post
Btw, just wonderin, what do you believe to be the afterlife? In the evolutionists mind, where does man go after he is dead? just curious
We are living things, when we are no more living, thats it, we are dead. I dont believe we have "spirits" that just rise out of us when we die. And no one has answered my other question, if god knows all, why would he create and anti christ when he knew he was going to have to fight him?

Honestly, nobody gives a crap about when you joined.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:59 AM #44
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fornicate in the pie View Post
...And no one has answered my other question, if god knows all, why would he create and anti christ when he knew he was going to have to fight him?
sorry, missed this. there are far too many posts to keep track of - doing my best. I assume your question is Why would God create an Antichrist? assuming that is what you are asking (there are a couple typos, and no I am not complaining about typos - I make them too, I just want to be sure); my answer is that God didn't and won't create an Antichrist.

Will there be a single person/entity that could be an "Antichrist" - probably, but that isn't what this discussion is about, that's an eschatological discussion in Christianity. You seem to have a preconceived understanding of end-time events. my guess is based on movies and Hollywood-izations (or other fictional writings). Sorry, but I wouldn't count on any Hollywood-eschatology actually being accurate.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:41 AM #45
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
sorry, missed this. there are far too many posts to keep track of - doing my best. I assume your question is Why would God create an Antichrist? assuming that is what you are asking (there are a couple typos, and no I am not complaining about typos - I make them too, I just want to be sure); my answer is that God didn't and won't create an Antichrist.

Will there be a single person/entity that could be an "Antichrist" - probably, but that isn't what this discussion is about, that's an eschatological discussion in Christianity. You seem to have a preconceived understanding of end-time events. my guess is based on movies and Hollywood-izations (or other fictional writings). Sorry, but I wouldn't count on any Hollywood-eschatology actually being accurate.
Armageddon. God knows there is going to be one correct? And at Armageddon god has to fight the anti christ (Im assuming that is the devil, not sure but assuming) if god KNEW there was going to be an Armageddon, why would he create the devil? Is that understandable? I have the question in my head its just really hard to get it into words, lol.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 AM #46
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Armageddon. God knows there is going to be one correct? And at Armageddon god has to fight the anti christ (Im assuming that is the devil, not sure but assuming) ...
your theology is incorrect, at least Christian theology. There may be some Christian denomination that believes that God will fight in an Armageddon, but as far as I know - none believe that God will do any fighting with an Antichrist.

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:48 AM #47
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. But who will god fight in Armageddon?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:52 AM #48
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. But who will god fight in Armageddon?
you are assuming the Christian God will be fighting someone/something. please cite a source for this assumption.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:00 AM #49
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

Im not citing this alright, im just showing you because it was the first one up after google search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon

Old 12-21-2006, 11:11 AM #50
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Im not citing this alright, im just showing you because it was the first one up after google search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon
understood. but I think you have some assumptions, that are really not correct, at least as far as Christianity is concerned. a "good vs evil" battle may or may not occur, but even that isn't necessarily assumption that God will be doing any fighting against evil, etc.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:44 PM #51
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
I understand the Anti-Christ to be the human form of either Satan himself or some form of Satan's son. God will not create the Anti-Christ. God did create Satan, but not directly. When Lucifer, the Angel who became Satan, was created he was an Angel, but like all of God's Creations, he had freedom of choice. Because of this, at some point during his existence, he chose to go against the will of God. As punishment, God banished him and all his followers to spend the rest of eternity in Hell. So, technically, God created the being that eventually became Satan, but He did not intentionally created a purely evil thing.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:45 PM #52
Push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
He is all-forgiving if you ask it of Him. You must repent of your sins. You cannot sin your whole life, not ask for forgivness, and then go to Heaven.

Colbert '08!