I would say cali but they are already on thier way out too
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2006, 04:20 PM #86
TRUCK_CMF
I'd hate me too

TRUCK_CMF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TRUCK_CMF supports Team VICIOUS
TRUCK_CMF supports DLX Technology
All i hear on this thread is alot of pissing and moaning about the GWM George told you what to do so why isnt anybody stepping up? As far as im concerned the main problem for the allies IS thier egos keep getting in the way in MY personal experience there are a few stand up teams on thier side and alot of glory hounds its too bad the jerks out number the good guys and before i get jumped on by you guys ive played with ALOT of you before as a walk on and they way i was treated well was not they why alot of you guys claim to treat walk ons.

the other problem i see is alot of you guys are losers you expect to lose playing against the GWM your beaten before you even step on the field. now ALOT of you just said well thats not me well go back and read your posts it is you.99.9% of you dont know my paintball resume and one day maybe ill breakit down for you but me i expect to win everytime i play but i know i cant do it alone so i put my faith in my teamates to do right by me because i wont quit on them. can you all honestly say the same? everybody in the GWM can say that.

as far as walk ons go i LOVE getting them involved in the game i love giving them thier"moment" do you? from playin with some of you you really dont you say you do but you dont i wont call out names but there is at least one team i would rather spit on than play with EVER again because as a walk on i couldnt be trusted to do my job yet completed 2 missions by myself after the capt of this team was knocked out of the game but didnt get the point because he wouldnt give me the mission card. we are selfless while alot of you are selfish.
Russian sportsmanship award

Truck's current theme song "Too Late" by Wiz Khalifa
I'm a cut throat balla like O.J. Simpson
Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 PM #87
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

One of the biggest problems is definitely commitment. Not even concerning a command staff, but the teams themselves. I know a lot of these very skilled teams are hesitant to obligate themselves to any one side because a lot of them play for the under dog. Believe it or not there are teams out there who care more about how much fun they (and everyone else around them) are having than a win. I personally, can give two ****s and a half if I win a game. My win comes from that one 12 year old walk-on that had a blast running around with me and my crew. That's a win in my mind. So I guess what I'm saying is, a lot of these teams aren't stepping up to beat the GWM simply because they. don't. care.

Proud to be apart of the Strategy Plus Family.
For top quality scenario play at a modest price, there's no better choice!

Fueled by EMPIRE Paintball
Old 12-21-2006, 04:54 PM #88
Capt13thLegionnaires
Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
I personally, can give two ****s and a half if I win a game. My win comes from that one 12 year old walk-on that had a blast running around with me and my crew. That's a win in my mind.
could not have said it better myself....I agree with you 100%
Sponsored By Redz, P&D, End Game Inc,Organized Chaos PB, Pyro Paintball, USMilitaryGear.Com
MVT 06 Skirmish USA Stalingrad (German)
MVT 06 O.A. Gi Joe Vs Kobra (Joes)
Old 12-21-2006, 04:54 PM #89
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

has been a member for 10 years
Truck:

I am stepping up.

What I don't like about this thread are the shadow accusations like yours, Truck. You are essentially calling me a selfish dick - since you won't tell us who did that to you, it can be any Allied team, and since I'm an Allied player, it could have been me.

I'm not what you describe, and if I've given that impression to anyone I want the chance to make amends. Right now, you're not giving whoever did that to you that chance, and worse, you're calling out the entire Allied side. I ask that you either stop, or come out and say it. Anything in the middle is just going to poison this community worse than it apparently already has been.

I said I didn't want to do any controversy until after the holiday, but this is starting to force the issue. The entire Allied side is not comprised of whining, selfish losers, and I can't sit back and let that accusation stand unchallenged. Undoubtably, naming names will piss a lot of people off. But right now, you're just leveling some really heavy guns and firing broadside against anyone who ever played Allied. That's not right, and can't continue.

So what'll it be, Truck? Am I a selfish dick? If not, who is? Or will you just stop with the poison and let it go for the good of all? Take your pick.

As for the rest of the thread, I agree with Shadawg on at least one thing. The Germans put the time and effort into making the GWM, and it's a solid group of teams with a lot of experience playing together. The obvious remedy is to start getting people organized on the Allied side of the table, and that's what I'm going to do.

In the meantime, I ask that all this about Allied teams being selfish egoists either become a lot more specific so that something can be done about it, or stop altogether so that we can put this past season into the past and look ahead to the coming Stalingrad. I'd far prefer the second choice, but it's up to you.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:34 PM #90
TRUCK_CMF
I'd hate me too

TRUCK_CMF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TRUCK_CMF supports Team VICIOUS
TRUCK_CMF supports DLX Technology
first up Silence im not calling you out if you feel like i am then i apologize.

what im saying is ive seen this from both sides and its night and day Silence i hope you gather up your guys and unleash hell.I sincerly hope so man. What im saying is there are guys on your side who are not what they say they are.

what im saying is dont preach about just wanting to have fun and then come in here and ***** about losing this is is something you personally have not done but there are guys on your side who do.

what the allies lack is a swagger a air of confidence that they CAN win they talk like they lost before the game starts.You as thier leader have to change that.Getting pissed at me is a start i hope you want to crush me i hope you want to beat me in the worst way because that fire is the only way your gonna turn things around.

ive been playing since you were 3 years old ive seen em come and go where ive played and who ive played with would amaze some people but that dosent matter you have the chance to do something that would reall impress me not that that matters.

question is you stepped up youve got balls now who else is going to show your same heart.
Russian sportsmanship award

Truck's current theme song "Too Late" by Wiz Khalifa
I'm a cut throat balla like O.J. Simpson
Old 12-21-2006, 06:01 PM #91
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

Old 12-21-2006, 06:02 PM #92
Kannyn CMF
It's pronounced "KAN-NIN"

In response to anyone who insists that they play to have fun, not to win, I say this: The two are not exclusive.

To anyone who insists they prefer to play the underdogs, I say this: If you have the attitude that your team is the underdog, you will lose. You can look at a team before you join, you can say to yourself, "Wow, these guys are the underdogs;" but once you join yourself to that team they must be an unstoppable FORCE OF NATURE in your mind or you will never play your best. The only time underdogs ever win is when they refuse to believe they are the underdogs.

And to anyone who plays to help new players along, I say this: The people on this board have a unique perspective among most of the scenario players in the game. The people on this board are in the position to be the greatest leaders their teams have ever seen. Show them what they want to see. I will lay down my gun if someone can show me a new player who doesn't want to see a leader, a real leader they can follow onto the field and into the thick of things, who they know will not compromise and will not waver in his or her quest to win. I will lay down my gun if someone can show me a new player who doesn't want to see their team win.

To know about the Giggle Loop...is to become part OF the Giggle Loop.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:12 PM #93
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

Winning is fun.

It just depends on what you've won. I feel like a winner everyday, hence the gold star tatooed on my left asscheek.

Anyway, you can walk away from anything better and happy with the knowledge that you are bettered because of it so long as you have the maturity to understand that you gain something, even in "loss".

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
Old 12-21-2006, 06:18 PM #94
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

Quote:
To anyone who insists they prefer to play the underdogs, I say this: If you have the attitude that your team is the underdog, you will lose. You can look at a team before you join, you can say to yourself, "Wow, these guys are the underdogs;" but once you join yourself to that team they must be an unstoppable FORCE OF NATURE in your mind or you will never play your best. The only time underdogs ever win is when they refuse to believe they are the underdogs.
Sorry, but I gotta disagree here. We play our brains out 110% no matter what side we're on. And I know other like minded teams who play just as hard, every game. Why many teams like playing the underdog is because they don't like to see a lop sided game. It doesn't mean they play with any less intensity. If you've played along side us, you'd know that. I'm not sure if you quite grasp the whole concept. It's putting others before yourself.

I've always enjoyed a challenge over a victory. What's a victory if you don't deserve it? You seem to think we kind of people go to a game to lose. That is simply not the case. Some people prefer an even fight and will join a weaker side to see that it happens.

I guess this is just where people will differ. Some people care about the enjoyment of their fellow players. Some people care about winning.

To each his own I guess.

But sometimes it's important to remember that this is a game.

Last edited by The Glitch : 12-21-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:34 PM #95
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Winning requires the proper attitude is what I think is the point that is trying to made. I have had fun whne I have lost a game..ie ION, but I have had more fun winning, and I think most people will agree that victory is the cherry on top of a good game.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:35 PM #96
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

I do like cherries....

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
Old 12-21-2006, 06:42 PM #97
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

Yes, winning is fun, but the point I'm trying to make is some of us do not hold the desire of victory over other values.

I just makes me a sad panda to see people put so much stock into winning when this game is about so much more.

But I digress...

Old 12-21-2006, 07:25 PM #98
Rob Ritter

Values>Victory ?
Bacon>Brownies!!!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:50 PM #99
chrispy_man

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Yes, winning is fun, but the point I'm trying to make is some of us do not hold the desire of victory over other values.

I just makes me a sad panda to see people put so much stock into winning when this game is about so much more.

But I digress...
Bravo my friend, Bravo......

Legion June 19th, 2010 - Return to Deadwood August 21-22nd 2010
Old 12-21-2006, 08:07 PM #100
wideguy00

wideguy00 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Yeah those guys really are a bunch of friends

Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 PM #101
rider3
Loud Mouth

Its all about the experience. Getting out ther on the field wiht a bunch of your good friends, and shooting at other good friends. All though we all do not know each other wea re all friends in the paintball community, just by gathering at big games and on here on the forums. Wins come and go, friendship and the experience will last for ever.

Now that all that is said and done wiht, its on to victory.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:24 PM #102
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider3 View Post
Its all about the experience. Getting out ther on the field wiht a bunch of your good friends, and shooting at other good friends. All though we all do not know each other wea re all friends in the paintball community, just by gathering at big games and on here on the forums. Wins come and go, friendship and the experience will last for ever.

Now that all that is said and done wiht, its on to victory.
I think that is kindest Post you have ever made...
I am going to Cry!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:25 PM #103
rider3
Loud Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Malone View Post
I think that is kindest Post you have ever made...
I am going to Cry!
Y thank you,
Old 12-21-2006, 08:55 PM #104
Kannyn CMF
It's pronounced "KAN-NIN"

Quote:

But I digress...
Point missed!

I'm not putting stock into OUR winning! It's YOU! The Allies! BRING IT! We want you to!

The GWM are the bad guys, yes. And we have to be the bad guys. Who is Superman without Lex Luthor? Or Batman without the Joker? They're just guys. We play this part to motivate YOU.

But look at the other side of the coin. Who is Lex Luthor without Superman? Or Joker without Batman? They're still going to be badasses, of course, but they are going to have much less fun doing it! That's why we need you to be Superman!

And if that happens...and I am rooting for Silence and the rest of you to pull it off, I really and truly am...you might still lose. You might win, too. That's because someone will always win and someone will always lose. But I GUARANTEE, that if every single one of us, as leaders among scenario players, steps on that field with a desire to win and the attitude of winners, then you won't need to worry about making sure everyone has fun. You'll have so much fun, you'll need to take some home in a box!

To know about the Giggle Loop...is to become part OF the Giggle Loop.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 PM #105
rider3
Loud Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannyn CMF View Post
Point missed!

You'll have so much fun, you'll need to take some home in a box!

its a quest. Its a quest for Fun, Im gonna have fun and your gonna have fun. We are all gonna have so you'll be wistling zip-e-do-da out of your a****le. Your gonna need plastic surgery to remove your god damn smiles.