Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-20-2006, 06:28 PM #64
vasmir
"Swaim"

vasmir is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLISHNIGHTMARE View Post
GMW... ...(GMW)... ...GMW... ...GMW... ...GWM...
it's "GWM"

German
War
Machine

got it right the last time though
Old 12-20-2006, 06:51 PM #65
Hashido Cpt.
Team Hashido Commander

i thought he was just mocking us lol
Old 12-20-2006, 06:58 PM #66
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

George,
You can indent by pressing "enter"

Quote:
Originally Posted by polish
I would like to see the teams that make up the Allied side to communicate on and off the field as well and start to make a cohesive attempt to unite against a cause.WHUPPIN YOUR A$$.lol
I would LOVE to see that happen.... to see you TRY!!! LMFAO!!

But I agree, the Allies need to give us another run like ION, I almost ogt bored at Berlin!!

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
Old 12-20-2006, 07:05 PM #67
POLISHNIGHTMARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmir View Post
it's "GWM"

German
War
Machine

got it right the last time though
MY BAD!Fixed it.I guess I got a case of mid life dyslexia?Them fancy big Ms and Ws get me confussed.Later.
Tippmann | ECX Paintball Park | Special Ops Paintball | Blackcell Customs | Lapco
RAP4 | Eye Tactical | French Creek Outfitters | Patriot Facilities Management
Old 12-20-2006, 07:27 PM #68
chrispy_man

Annual Supporting Member
George you know I agree with a lot of what you say and I do admire the organization. There are many friends in there and good teams.

The problem as I see it, is not with teams, but with the general player. When you guys go out and play you are a force. Every time you win more teams join your side. Unchecked the game becomes incredibly unfair. You can not deny this. GWM>Walkons. This year we brought it to you by recruiting, recruiting and more recruiting.

The fact that you all want to play together is understandable. There are times when it should not happen that way. Shooting fish in a barrel becomes bad for the game. No one learns a good lesson, only that they must smash the other side to win. Walkons=Fish in the barrel.

When I was recruiting I had as many teams say they would not play against you as I got to say yes. They aren't pansies or crybabies, but guys who felt that the games are stacked against them. Some are quite well known teams.

So I accept you as you are. It's up to the fields that host you to govern their games. So be it, I know what I'm getting into when I come play. I'll bring it to you in my fashion.

PS HASHIDO, for the ten millionth time JSOC did not run the Allied side for ION. If you got a problem take it up with Nyxx

Legion June 19th, 2010 - Return to Deadwood August 21-22nd 2010
Old 12-20-2006, 07:37 PM #69
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
What the hell did the JSoC do then? What about the AAF or other sub-organizations that you guys had running?

The problem I always saw is that none of you seemed to trust each other, and where all out for your personal gain, need it be MVT, MVP or whatever, whereas with the GWM, our sole goal is to WIN the game.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:40 PM #70
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

Quote:
But I agree, the Allies need to give us another run like ION, I almost ogt bored at Berlin!!
You should of kept trying to go for the Russian flag. It was funny as hell to watch. Especially when you first realized it was tied up.

Proud to be apart of the Strategy Plus Family.
For top quality scenario play at a modest price, there's no better choice!

Fueled by EMPIRE Paintball
Old 12-20-2006, 07:52 PM #71
rider3
Loud Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
What the hell did the JSoC do then? What about the AAF or other sub-organizations that you guys had running?

The problem I always saw is that none of you seemed to trust each other, and where all out for your personal gain, need it be MVT, MVP or whatever, whereas with the GWM, our sole goal is to WIN the game.

and have fun doing it. and then have fun partying to celebrate oour victory.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:10 PM #72
Hashido Cpt.
Team Hashido Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy_man View Post
PS HASHIDO, for the ten millionth time JSOC did not run the Allied side for ION. If you got a problem take it up with Nyxx
haha, please, i dont have a problem with the JSOC.
It's just that the teams that make up the Allied side are "mostly" the glory hogs, so the few that have the real power keep it and pray for MVT, or some other award...... but i aint gonna call teams out (even though i should)
Old 12-20-2006, 08:20 PM #73
acidrain23

I dunno. As much as I love playing along side Delta, Ragnarok, etc etc...i love playing against them more. I love the competition, and I love that the teams that participate as part of the GWM can give us a run for our money...and afterwards we can sit back and drink some pod juice..and watch Frank destroy our table lol I think the reason why the Allieds fall behind or lose is due to the lack of organization. You can have a great allied side with dozens of great players/individuals...but thats all you will have...individuals...there isnt a true team or leadership prescence there. I'm not knocking anyone, but most of the Allied games we played on did not have a strong leadership prescence, nor did it have teams that knew how to play well with each other (i've seen teams do there own thing countless times...)...from a leadership standpoint...you need to know who you have running for you...and you need to know how to use their skills effectively against your opposition...there needs to be trust built amongst the teams you have...whoever that leader is needs to be strong enough to unite these teams together...again...the GWM can be beaten...the allieds did this before...you just have to play smart...and get some good PR...b/c man...Mark and Delta are great at it...build the hype...make ppl want to join your ranks...create the FRIENDLY competition...
ACID- #21
Captain, Team MayheM
[b][center]

Last edited by acidrain23 : 12-20-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:28 PM #74
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkc View Post
George,
You can indent by pressing "enter"

I would LOVE to see that happen.... to see you TRY!!! LMFAO!!

if you were bored you should have hopped in My tank. I was driving and shooting and all my gunners ran out of ammo.i kept pulling up to the castle to get new random guys that had ammo .lol it was a real fun game i dont care what anyone says.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 PM #75
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
What the hell did the JSOC do then? What about the AAF or other sub-organizations that you guys had running?

The JSOC Teams at ION played the Game...
That's it..
It worked didn’t it?
And it Stalingrad 2006 it worked too, except for the "Hiccup" as it is called?

We had The General and the XO.
We did out Jobs. AS for Awards, the Teams and People the Did the Jobs the best were recognized.
I am sure as the Allied side is being formed, now under Silence?, there will be a way to see the teams that shine.
And Hashido, I am sorry that you are smithed by the JSOC and the Allied side for some reason BUT:
Cant you see the GWM teams loosing their identity in its every growing body of entity?
And the JSOC being Glory Hounds? WE created our own Award Structure to award players ASIDE to Bring more the GAME...
Also looking back, the JSOC hasn't been the part of the AWARD RECEIVING END either!
Yeah that's a point you may want to stay away from.
See if you look back, and with my exception this year for MVP, the teams that won MVP and MVT at ION were not JSOC teams. and the Same at Stalingrad 2006.
I don't believe the same can be said about the teams being appointed at these same games and them being on the GWM? IE: the 13th and Delta? and Capone and Dirty Dozen?
Look I am not going to keep Going Back and Forth here. I am looking forward to see what this game Brings to the table. The Ten Foot Monster is what it is...
I am Happy to See that there will be an ALLIED Commander.
I hope that Good Teams follow him.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:01 PM #76
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
if you were bored you should have hopped in My tank. I was driving and shooting and all my gunners ran out of ammo.i kept pulling up to the castle to get new random guys that had ammo .lol it was a real fun game i dont care what anyone says.
Thanks for the offer but, HELL NO!

I'm from a family of light infantry. Goes all the way back to the French and Indian War. I would never dare become a tanker, even for a little while. To my dad, it would be worse than joining the Marines!

Really though, I'd love to hop in and spin around sometime, just to try it out maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
You should of kept trying to go for the Russian flag. It was funny as hell to watch. Especially when you first realized it was tied up.
That would be my bro, Max, and I. Each time, one of us would run up and forget that they had JUST handed my knife off to one of the others. I didn't get shot on my two runs, forgot the knife one time, was getting shot at (from Behind!!) too much the second. Or else I would have had it

Max almost got it, but I accidentally shot him in the head. lol, oops. Good story.

GWM > Walkons?

Okay, I must be wrong because the pervasive thought seems to be that the GWM exists for some reason other than securing a German victory while having fun, AND MOTIVATING AND ORGANIZING WALKONS!

I thought it was our purpose, It's what I do at every game, what I see Foote doing, and what I see all the other guys doing. Gathering and organizing walk-on German players to accomplish missions and objectives.

I must be mistaken.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
Old 12-20-2006, 09:04 PM #77
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Why do you say that each team is loosing its identity to the GWM? The GWM is not a team, its a organization.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:10 PM #78
Capt. Malone

In Conclusion, and I will Finish up here with this.
I think the JSOC has Potential, But being spread so thin with so many other obligations, WE cant seem to commit to a game to the level teh GWM does.
I would Love to do it...
Trust me, But I dont think it will happen.
I cant commit to the time it will take, and I cant say other will.
WE did Not have a JSOC entity at ION. There were 3-4 JSOC team that were working our A$$'s off there.
I dont even know what the JSOC is doing at this time and the lack of Support I am having here just proves that. So please Stop taunting me into this I just need support to get the Job Done campaign!

THE GWM is doing it all Right.
Who will beat them?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:18 PM #79
rider3
Loud Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Malone View Post
THE GWM is doing it all Right.
Who will beat them?

No one can beat us.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:18 PM #80
Capt. Malone

I hope the Ten Foot Monster Gets the Teams to the Game.
We will be watching very Closely how this is coming together.

I hope some one, with a REAL role playing history, steps up and take the lead of the third entity.

See you all soon...
Old 12-20-2006, 09:29 PM #81
Capt. Malone

OH, Yeah I closed the Other thread in Hopes that this can move forward and get going in the right Direction.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-21-2006, 07:13 AM #82
Hashido Cpt.
Team Hashido Commander

i would just like to comment on the Allied MVT stuff, ur right, no JSOC team took the award but i know of 1 major Allied JSOC team that will not return to skirmish, that being a main reason, they never got the credit.......
Old 12-21-2006, 09:11 AM #83
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Which is a shame. That being said, and with your obvious concern Eric, I will have you know, since you brought it up, that past Stalingrad, The GWM will not be admitting anymore teams to the organization. While we welcome all teams and players who wish to play German into the fold and look forward to playing with you on the field, the Organization which is a seperate entity from the German side will not be adding anymore teams to the sig list etc. The only way to become a member of the organization after Stalingrad will to be invited to membership with one of the GWM teams. This had already been discussed within the group and those teams on the bubble for this game , and you know who you are, will be the final teams in.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:37 AM #84
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

i still wanna annex florida

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faecebøøk