Old 12-20-2006, 11:48 AM #43
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
No your right, but the post is a road map to the type of organization and what is required to build one. Seems the other side can't figure it out. Figured I would show them what works for us in the hopes that they can bring it together, and understand where we are coming from.
The other side does have the teams and players. What they really need is a figure head to put it all together. And multi leaders that can work together. They do have it just need someone to help put it together. Everyone that does qualify has other committments that won't let them be that figure head (Rob, Nyxx, Malone, Herc, etc.). Not like Mark that has the time and is really committed to the GWM and their leaders. I hope this came out right as I'm not trying to dis anyone.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2006, 12:11 PM #44
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-wulfpak-general View Post
We are the Galactic Empire of paintball.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Proud to be apart of the Strategy Plus Family.
For top quality scenario play at a modest price, there's no better choice!

Fueled by EMPIRE Paintball
Old 12-20-2006, 12:21 PM #45
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Look, I have the pleasure to hears this Post first hand from the Ten Foot monster on the phone for about three hours yesterday.

I have said this a thousand times and I will said a thousand more, and if it will still not be take as truth, the screw you all!
I have Much Respect for the Teams of the GWM!
I consider them Friends of mine in the Ever growing Paintball family of mine.

The issue that seems to be growing out of control doesn't seem to be all about Chuck and Skirmish or even all about the GWM but it is all about same ingredients?

I have said that I think that a Game consisting of the GWM and teams that following the GWM will continue to strive at Skirmish. This is true.
It is not an ego boasting comment. It is a Fact based on statistics and player stats. Teams that are following the German side will continue to side with German side and that will Leave what for the Russian and Allied side for Future games?
Some fields and some games producers contact teams and ensure that this doesn't happen. No one wants to come to game and be beaten on and feel that you have no chance to win.

I asked George for a list of Team that would Step up. He didn't have much of an answer. Not his fault. The idea of Winning is a great one and following the GWM is Smart bet. But what does that leave for the other side of these events?

I want nothing more but to come to these events and see a good, fair game of equality and fair chance to win. BUT with a changing in the guard, the game changing in direction and the sides not forming in a direction that will breed a SAFE sense of competition, it breed speculation.
Is it the GWM that is at Fault?
NO
Is it Skirmish that is at Fault?
NO
But does something have to change?
YES
Am I am saying that GWM need to break up?
That is not place...
But I keep the game and its integrity in first place of priority. And so should all of you!

Most teams I know would have NO issue facing their own friends for the sake of the game. It happens at EMR and Other fields all the time...

Ill say it again, I have come to know, and admire alot of you.
I am trying to bring to light some issues that I am concerned with.
Flame me if you want. I will file as I always do.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 PM #46
Delta Joker
Delta Paintball Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Malone View Post

Most teams I know would have NO issue facing their own friends for the sake of the game. It happens at EMR and Other fields all the time...

Ill say it again, I have come to know, and admire alot of you.
I am trying to bring to light some issues that I am concerned with.
Flame me if you want. I will file as I always do.
dont worry i dont flamme im not gay! anyway as far as the EMR home team and their friends rocken with eachother, yes i agree we do all like messing with eachother but certain teams have certain pacts.... i know delta is friends of fury meaning we can never point guns at eachother! bushmasters are our buddies too! it just all depends on the teams in the game

-Joker-
Old 12-20-2006, 12:38 PM #47
vasmir
"Swaim"

vasmir is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Hey now, that's not half bad. At least it gets the point across heh.

And Malone, the GWM isn't about making the game unfair for the allied players (although it's fun sometimes). The purpose of threads like this is to get the allies together on the same page, and come back at us with a unified front (which they havent been able to successfully do yet). When they can, it'll make Northeast scenario games much more enjoyable for everyone.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:55 PM #48
Capt. Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmir View Post
Hey now, that's not half bad. At least it gets the point across heh.

And Malone, the GWM isn't about making the game unfair for the allied players (although it's fun sometimes). The purpose of threads like this is to get the allies together on the same page, and come back at us with a unified front (which they havent been able to successfully do yet). When they can, it'll make Northeast scenario games much more enjoyable for everyone.
Hey thats Not true, We worked our A$$'s off to get that Win at ION 2006 and we did in a Sweet Fashion. No matter What any one says!
We did in with Great Role Playing, Rob Leading us, and us having the Teams. Not A formed Allied TEAM Front but a Desire to To bring an Allied Win.
But There arent other teams that are affiliated with Skirmish that are going to commit to Skirmish on a Full time basis and be the ALLIED-War Machine?
It may have to be a case of you conforming to the players instead of the players conforming to you...
Old 12-20-2006, 01:07 PM #49
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
I think that the Russians at last years Stalingrad did bring it and would probably had won if they were able to turn in those barrels they had for points as the Allies did at the I.O.N. game and Won. We (RT's Raiders) always like to play German at I.O.N. but we did switch and played Russian at last years Stalingrad. We did make a difference and it was the 1st time we played with Extreme Measures and other teams. We actually felt it was time to start playing with the teams we always play against and against the teams we always play with. Was a great choice as we've made more friends and have a better understanding of both sides. Like I said before. The Allies do have the quality and personnel to be like the GWM. But it's not the right time it's seems. But it will come.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 PM #50
Delta Frank

last stalingrad was pretty scarry but u were to busy trying to kill us and take are base then turning in ur barrels lol

DELTA PAINTBALL PISSING ON BIG FISH IN SMALL PONDS SINCE 2002
Old 12-20-2006, 01:18 PM #51
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

There are plenty of great teams that pit themselves against the GWM. They do very well too, maybe not pulling out a win, but certainly giving them a run for their money. Skill wise, I'd say every game that I've been to thus far have been pretty damn even. The GWM is just a lightning rod for attention.

Proud to be apart of the Strategy Plus Family.
For top quality scenario play at a modest price, there's no better choice!

Fueled by EMPIRE Paintball
Old 12-20-2006, 01:25 PM #52
Capt13thLegionnaires
Digger

well..the 13th has gone from german to russian..so there 1 team to help aid the cause...we are a equal oppertunity team...I do think it is one thing to not want to play your own team members in a game(thats just bad stuff), but i think that Pacts and alliances for every game at every field is a cop out...what is alittle paint between friends, and then you have something to kid eachother about too..we (the 13th) always try to go where ever the producer thinks we will do the most good..just seems to work well that way..

i think the different teams moving to different sides every now and then would only add to the game as it would make it much less predictable. the not knowing how it will turn out is great and gives players something to strive for and as barney said you would meet and get to play along side of new people..

not saying anything is wrong with what is being done, but it could be more fun if things changed up a bit..I personally don't care as long as I get to go and play ball and have fun..winning is nice but not everything, i take the memories with me of the good time and the friends i shared it with much farther than whether i won or lost..
Sponsored By Redz, P&D, End Game Inc,Organized Chaos PB, Pyro Paintball, USMilitaryGear.Com
MVT 06 Skirmish USA Stalingrad (German)
MVT 06 O.A. Gi Joe Vs Kobra (Joes)
Old 12-20-2006, 01:26 PM #53
Duck n Cover
Hillbilly Hitman

so then who was the ten foot tall bulletproof guy i saw at the battle for berlin??? 80)

2006 Battle for Berlin... win German
2006 Battle of the Bulge...win Grman
2007 Battle of Stalingrad..win German
Old 12-20-2006, 01:44 PM #54
Capt. Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt13thLegionnaires View Post
well..the 13th has gone from german to russian..so there 1 team to help aid the cause...we are a equal oppertunity team...I do think it is one thing to not want to play your own team members in a game(thats just bad stuff), but i think that Pacts and alliances for every game at every field is a cop out...what is alittle paint between friends, and then you have something to kid eachother about too..we (the 13th) always try to go where ever the producer thinks we will do the most good..just seems to work well that way..

i think the different teams moving to different sides every now and then would only add to the game as it would make it much less predictable. the not knowing how it will turn out is great and gives players something to strive for and as barney said you would meet and get to play along side of new people..

not saying anything is wrong with what is being done, but it could be more fun if things changed up a bit..I personally don't care as long as I get to go and play ball and have fun..winning is nice but not everything, i take the memories with me of the good time and the friends i shared it with much farther than whether i won or lost..
Good Show Sir, Good Show!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:12 PM #55
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Frank View Post
last stalingrad was pretty scarry but u were to busy trying to kill us and take are base then turning in ur barrels lol
Our mission wasn't barrels. As you and most guys know that the Raiders are a goon squad and we did our mission and spent most of the day at the front of your base. Loki and I spent a lot of paint and effert to get to your base. Just that we didn't have enough paint and air (and players) to put a real attack on the base. Very hard to do when you have to cross an open space and not have the cover fire you needed. Ask George and Mark. They know we were their. But we were doing our mission. We did have 2 other mission that we accomplish. One is retaking back fort Tippman (at the beginning) and two was excorting barrels in for point (Mid-day). Other then that we would just keep fighting our way to your base when we re-inserted. I enjoyed harrassing your base. I think at one time Mark and George thought that it would fall. But Ragnarok held.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:14 PM #56
Capt13thLegionnaires
Digger

Just how I feel about the situation Malone...I am very competitive and keeping things challenging always is a plus for me...I think if i always had to choose a difnative side to play on it would be the underdog side.The GWM has thier stuff together, and I give all the people involved props, but will they ever want to know what it would be like to challenge the teams that are with them?for maybe some of the geramn teams to go up against ragnaroks defense?they will never know that stuff because they are quite content with the conglomerate braggin rights, not any single teams..

i would think it would get old playing the same people over and over and over, but i guess they have gotten comfortable in the current position..
Sponsored By Redz, P&D, End Game Inc,Organized Chaos PB, Pyro Paintball, USMilitaryGear.Com
MVT 06 Skirmish USA Stalingrad (German)
MVT 06 O.A. Gi Joe Vs Kobra (Joes)
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM #57
Hashido Cpt.
Team Hashido Commander

i love the GWM, and u wanna know why? Because my team went allied at Stalingrad 06, and ION-06 and we were spit on, because they would only assign missions to a select few teams, wouldnt even let us in the Allied HQ! And im not out to say my teams the best, but anyone thats played scenario with us will have nothin but good things to say.
So, October came around and we found ourselves at the GWM meeting, and then on the field at BFB with them. We got to be part of the team, we had fun, made new friends, got some credit for doing our best, and are now on the GWM.
The GWM plays the right way, and are a great bunch of guys (the total opposite of Hitler lol.... but watch our for Shadawg haha, just kidding)
So, JSOC or whoever is running the Allies, u fight hard but u need to step it up another notch or so, and come beat the GWM!
Until then the GWM>YOU!
Old 12-20-2006, 03:48 PM #58
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

I am hesitant to get into this GWM argument, but honestly, it has brought up a point that is very morally important to me.

If the Allied teams want to have the same advantage offered by the GWM, they need to pull their sh1t together and do it. It isn't our fault that they lack the initiative and drive to create such an organization. There is nothing keeping YOU from doing it. JSOC was a good idea, and could be resurrected. But I have seen niether efforts nor interest in doing that.

Long story short; Allied Players:

It is YOUR and only YOUR job to secure your own victory, you know you can do it, ION as an example, but don't think you are owed or deserve ANYTHING that you can't produce or find the means to aquire through your own effort.

Phew* not looking for hate or flames, but jesus... tone it all down till after christmas!!

Quote:
But Ragnarok held.
Really now?

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
Old 12-20-2006, 03:50 PM #59
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sorry guys but as usual you have missed the boat. It is sailing away with your luggage and your standing on the dock all besides yourself. No one said that we don't play against member teams. We said we don't play against each other at Skirmish's games. We have made a commitment to a role, and a side for the forseeable future. If your not willing to do so , so be it. Your choice will not effect our commitment. Someday the allies will have someone who gets it. We have faith that Phil Whalen will be able to put something together. My inability to name other teams has nothing to do with the quality of teams. It has to do with my not focusing on the other side, but trying to run our side of the house. The same players return year after year to run and play the french, why? Because they enjot the role, have fun doing what they do and have made great friends from that experience. I respect the fact that some teams wish to hop from side to side. Ultimately my teamates and I and the members of the GWM have the most fun being together and being German. Even without the lightning rod name we would come back year after year and play German because thats what we want. While we are here what is wrong with adding our knowlegde and expereince to the players who come out? What is wrong with making ther people we come in contact with game better, by challenging them to rise to our level? I think and most will agree that the challenge is what makes the game sworth playing. I will not be swayed, we will not disband, and we hope someday you make it to the boat. In the mean time I'll be on the Lido deck drinking margaritas.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:10 PM #60
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Like I said before. The Allies have the teams and players to be like the GWM. Be it JSOC or what ever. Phil does look to be a natural, but he's doesn't have all the experience and backing yet. A Rob, Nyxx, Malone, Wally, Herc, Myself and others could be it. BUT, we've all got committments to other entities, events, sponsors, teams, roles, etc. Not like Mark that can devote all his time toward the GWM. And yes George I know if everyone else doesn't know that the GWM is a Skirmish thing. I've seen them play against each other outside of Skirmish. But it will happen I believe and Phil is a good start. I've already told him that I'll back him for Stalingrad. As for I.O.N. we always play German and it's not a GWM thing only. But this year we plan on being French if Paul would let us play with Larry. We've more into role playing for 2007 (now that I have the reins).
Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 PM #61
Delta Joker
Delta Paintball Team

you know what is so awesome!! this is a perfict set up for next season.... GWM = German army.... practically unstoppable! great soldiers and ready to fight! Allied = Allied... US is coming to fight with their new allies in europe against the german war machine! you cant get a more accurate setup than this! i jsut cant wait to play next yr... allies are angry so they are gonna be playing with passion so ill give you guys that! like i said these games are going to be nuts!

-Joker-
Old 12-20-2006, 04:53 PM #62
Rob Ritter

I agree with Joker. This is a perfect setup. The more that I read on here, The more i wanna go out and lay down some paint.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:54 PM #63
POLISHNIGHTMARE

Very commendable shadawg.As SNCO of T.S.S.O.C. we as a whole feel the same way about each other as team mates and friends as do the GWM combined.We are new to scenario paintball.This is the first season we as a TEAM entered into this role play of Allies vs Germans.I believe 8 of us the plank owners of T.S.S.O.C. have played PB together for 2 season's.We admire your(GWM)admiration to each other and the way you get things done.That is one of the main reason's we role Allied.We love the challenge and the rivalry that comes with playing agaist the GWM.We had a great year against the GWM at these events.And playing with some of the teams that make up the GWM at other events.I would like to see the teams that make up the Allied side to communicate on and off the field as well and start to make a cohesive attempt to unite against a cause.WHUPPIN YOUR A$$.lol
Thanks for your post and I hope we (Allies)will get our trash together and roll over you guys more than once a year.
Happy Holidays to ALL and a Healthy New Year.
SEMPER FI
NIGHTMARE
Tippmann | ECX Paintball Park | Special Ops Paintball | Blackcell Customs | Lapco
RAP4 | Eye Tactical | French Creek Outfitters | Patriot Facilities Management

Last edited by POLISHNIGHTMARE : 12-20-2006 at 07:00 PM.