Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-19-2003, 06:55 PM #1
ZeroSplit
Split the Zero, baybeh

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Shots per tank?

I'm not very experienced in paintballing (maybe 2 months experience, tops) and I've been using cheap guns that I like...Very soon I plan on getting an impy and everything, but for now I'm stuck with my XP Piranha E-force. I've been using co2 for a while, with few problems, but I found a 9volt Revvy and a 48/3500 tank for $100. Im planning on buying this and all, but how many shots will I get out of the 48/3500 tank? If its less than 1200 shots, I think I'd be better off getting two 20oz's and a 9volt revvy for the same price...help please?

Rome didn't become one of the greatest civilizations of all time by having countless meetings and public announcements. They did it by destroying all who opposed them. Bush, push the button! ...The red button. To the left of the green button. No! The OTHER left... Here, have a pretzel, and go away.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2003, 07:44 PM #2
dirtylittlesmurf
Banned

are you sure that tanks pressure is 3500? maby you mean 3000 or 4500? you are never better going with co2. for 3000 psi it is 10 shots per ci for 4500 it is 15 shots per ci. so you should get 480 shots off your tank. for 1200 you would need a 78/45.

welcome to the world of high end guns, have fun.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:36 PM #3
ZeroSplit
Split the Zero, baybeh

oh, it was 48/3000...my bad, thanks for the info

Rome didn't become one of the greatest civilizations of all time by having countless meetings and public announcements. They did it by destroying all who opposed them. Bush, push the button! ...The red button. To the left of the green button. No! The OTHER left... Here, have a pretzel, and go away.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:33 PM #4
bLaCkIcE
Paintball Playin Jap :P

just get a good reg like a stabilizer, torpedo, sidewinder and it'll stop the liquid co2 from gettin in your gun and it'll perform better. and when you do get an imp, you can just get an on/off valve and a antisyphon installed on you co2 tank and use it on your imp with no problem!
Redz yay
Empire yay
Eclipse yay
bleh
Old 02-19-2003, 09:42 PM #5
ZeroSplit
Split the Zero, baybeh

I'd like the HPA just the same...

Old 02-23-2003, 09:48 PM #6
Subzero16
Awaiting Email Confirmation

go with HPA. even though it doesnt hold as many shots, it performs way better then co2, especially with higher grade guns
Old 02-24-2003, 09:23 AM #7
byoung4now
UnHoly Revenge

byoung4now is a Supporting Member
byoung4now owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally posted by dirtylittlesmurf
are you sure that tanks pressure is 3500? maby you mean 3000 or 4500? you are never better going with co2. for 3000 psi it is 10 shots per ci for 4500 it is 15 shots per ci. so you should get 480 shots off your tank. for 1200 you would need a 78/45.welcome to the world of high end guns, have fun.
Just remeber these are very general numbers. some guns are more efficient and some are much less efficient.

I get close to 2000 shots from a 68/4500 with my excal with my minimag I get more like a 1000 to 1200. Some of this is due to the fact that the excal has a much lower input pressure and this allows me to shoot it until the tank is almost empty.

If where you play it's free air fills this shouldn't be a problem. If you are playing renegade or outlaw you may want to stick with co2 for a while unless scuba tanks to refill are an option.