Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-23-2006, 10:19 PM #64
$$Andrew1944$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri_1 View Post
What are your reasons for doing so?
I just like how the PMR are more compact, lighter, better board, and how upps are readily avaidble. If i can't sell my fusion within a week i'll probably keep it. I really like both guns
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2006, 10:25 PM #65
fds (Banned)

i personaly don't like something that will melt in my hands come summer time but thats just me. As you could see it was not the smartest idea to say that you want a pmr. But i respect your descion and everybody has the right to there own opinion. My opinion is that i don't like "composite" or anything that melts in hot weather.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:28 AM #66
I.B.C4life (Banned)
:santahat4nonworkingava:

i have owned a pm5, and that was a beast, virtue'd and wired eyes, the only way to go. it shoot smooth but sucked up gas, but it proved itself to be great on the field.. from what i hear pmr's aren't as smooth and imo the anno looks like ****, also my friend got to test one, and he said that the trigger could actually bend. now would i want a trigger that could bend and change shape, no. is it going to sell because little kids want markers where they can buy upgrades so it's "as good" as the real deal, yes. will it actually be good, NO.

i traded my pm5 for a fusion. the fusion has more kick, but you don't really tell in game time, and its better efficiency,(god i love firefox for that damn word), but i had a problem with the reg. nothing to fear, dp has GREAT customer service, my fusion is either at dp, or still in the mail. when i was able to test shoot it, the efficiency was 2* as good as my pm5. i didn't do a full tank though. and its FAST. also the anno is great. also these are GENTLE on paint, i was using 3-4month old,from when i bought it, whitebox and i had not 1 break. the paint was dimpled but still no breaks. i love the fusion and will keep it, i will also buy a mini. pmr hell no.

2 words about the pmr, it's ****.

my 2cents.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:33 PM #67
mercqv62
Merc's in teh hood.

mercqv62 is a Supporting Member
Personally I'd go with a Fusion, FASOR's are reliable when properly made, Although I've never shot eithwer PMR or Fusion, generally guns that are produced by the dominant companies, such as Smart parts or Dye, are over-priced simply because you're paying for the name of the manufacturer, and the sense of "security" that comes with such a large brand. Sadly many of these companies use this to their advantage, cutting manufacturing quality because who needs "great" or even "good" quality when the more affordable "moderate" and "decent" will suffice to sell the product under an over-hyped brand's name. And on another note, items that are produced in mass quantities from mediocre(at best) components, generally dont have the best quality control. Especially when they are produced by low-skilled and inexpensive foreign labor. That's my rant. Good luck to you all with whatever decisions you make.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:35 PM #68
JJW319
Welcome Back

Fusion>PMR

/thread
Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 AM #69
fds (Banned)

DP CS> then everybody elses

/thread
Old 12-30-2006, 12:49 AM #70
[nRs]MEX
SMART BUSINESS

I got a Fusion for christmas then went and exchanged for a LE fusion. the same night my son bought the RAIL. his is lighter, mine has the better board, unless he gets the ultra light. Mine is easier to clean. they both shot good and are as smooth as can be. I have a black kit and nice trigger, he can get more upgrades, mine is upgraded in alot of areas already. i say its a wash so does he. i got my fusion cause i thought it looked better, he got the rail cause he liked how light and thought it looked better.

i see it my way, he see's it his way. no big deal. we both still like shoting the others gun and both say ours is better.

WCPPL
Old 12-30-2006, 12:54 AM #71
installer020
Urkel

installer020 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hello.

Good morning everyone. Just dropping my two cents worth here. I have had the opportunity to shoot both of these markers and I believe I can give a pretty unbiased opinion. Reason being, I am a bit of a gun whore and really don't have any specific brand love.

Both of these markers have there benefits. Yes the PMR is lighter and noticeably so. I found that both markers were relatively close in how quiet they shot. The Fusion is more efficient. With the Gen2 Fusion I believe the boards are very comparable and the Fusion might even edge the PMR out in modes. As I understand it, the Gen2's have also solved any reg leak or creep issues the Gen1's had. I personally like the aluminum gripframe over the composite on the PMR, I would want to add a UL Frame to the PMR. The Fusion comes with a two-piece barrel, but that doesen't mean it is better. I found accuracy to be very comparable. Although I have never had to contact DP customer service, I have heard from plenty of people there customer service is unmatched. I can say from experience that I sent a used DM4 to Dye once with an issue and they fixed and shipped it back to me for free.

I believe it boils down to personal preferance, for $400 either marker is an excellent choice and will make you very happy. Would I compare either marker to an Ion, NO, I believe both markers are equally nicer then Ions.

Go to your local shop, hold them both, air them up and then decide for yourself.

Just my two cents,
Matt
Old 12-30-2006, 12:59 AM #72
fds (Banned)

LOL i thought this thread was dead.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:19 AM #73
He's Ebeneezer Goode

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbackplayer3737 View Post
wow i love how everyone who bashes the fusion knows nothing about it...if u think 2.5 pounds is heavy then you are a *****. if i do recal the one person who made fun of its weight was shooting a 2k2. i traded my 2k2 for it and this is like half the weight. people need to shut up about the plastic guns(PMR) and when u think about it the invert is way to complex...i cant wait to see a guy dive and then land hard on his front grip of his mini and destroy the board...or a guy with a mini have reg problems. i love how all the noobs on this forum hate on good guns...seriously get a life and stop bashing
That was the most hypocritical thing I have ever read.

You want people to stop hating on your "good gun" yet you hate on other good guns? If any man landed hard on top of his regulator whats the chance you wont break your 60 dollar regulator? Lighter, smaller markers can get you tighter in and hell easier to play with. Proto is a well named company and so is NPS who deals with the minis and i would trust them more than Dangerous Power.

If i could get a lighter, smaller just as good gun for the same price why shouldn't I?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:26 AM #74
CASCAN
Teddybear Extraordinaire

Annual Supporting Member
Can I ask why you brought back this thread? and anyway he has the right to have his own oppinion just like you can have yours. Its not hipocritical or w/e its just his oppinion.

Dynasty SFT
Old 12-30-2006, 01:31 AM #75
fds (Banned)

/ thread
Old 12-30-2006, 06:07 PM #76
SlyEquipment (Banned)
VIVA LA SIDEBAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon5 View Post
the fusion blowwwws ive seen one in action just pure crap not even worth 350 imo its a crappier version of the wrath BAdd dangerous powers!!! their lpr and hp is build like donky **** the thing leaks even with new orings and gallons of lube and their stock board isnt to great either.
Dude my two fusions shot great when they shot, but both had solenoid problems, which DP raced as hard as they could (it seemed) to fix. I would take another anyday just to experience their CS, but i doubt that i would even need to speak with them because they have most likely worked out the bugs. I may trade my PMR for one, if anyone in this thread is interested, pm me.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:14 PM #77
CASCAN
Teddybear Extraordinaire

Annual Supporting Member
Let me repeat somthing for you guys:
The thread was dead for a long while, so no more posting
/thread

Dynasty SFT
Old 12-31-2006, 11:07 AM #78
jake55
:dodgy?:

Quote:
Let me repeat somthing for you guys:
The thread was dead for a long while, so no more posting
/thread
You are not a moderator. Nice try back seat modding though

That beeing said:

Old 01-01-2007, 03:59 PM #79
mikey2856
nododgy

mikey2856 is an NCPA National Champion
mikey2856 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fds View Post
and all the leaks that are going to be happening. i gaurentee that the will be mini fair share of leaks
no. the mini doesn't leak any more than any other markers. theres no tubes running to or from the noid, and the mini doesn't have any more o-rings than any other guns out there. and although the rail wont melt in hot weather, it still kinda sucks (i've seen 4 of them purchased and all 4 of them found their way to the back room of the shop to be fixed). calm your inner fanboy, i know you're excited about the fusion, but that doesn't mean you need to make stuff up to convince yourself that the fusion is cool.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:07 PM #80
fds (Banned)

do you see me making threads about how the mini is so bad and how the pmr is going to melt because its plastic?

If you have i'll like to see them.

/thread
Old 01-02-2007, 08:46 PM #81
woodpusher91

woodpusher91 is an NCPA player
woodpusher91 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4de kiLLer View Post
What are you talking about, if thats the shocker sign in your sig, the fusion is just about the same weight maybe less.

I dont even own one but i held one and it was very light for $350 that wasnt plastic.
are you retarded? fusions are like bricks compared to shockers. don't talk **** when you have no clue what your talking about. there are reasons that shockers are more expensive than fusions. especially the fact that they use FASOR just like wraths................

Quote:
Originally Posted by fds View Post
i personaly don't like something that will melt in my hands come summer time but thats just me. As you could see it was not the smartest idea to say that you want a pmr. But i respect your descion and everybody has the right to there own opinion. My opinion is that i don't like "composite" or anything that melts in hot weather.
wow your endless supply of stupidity amazes me. composite melting in hot weather? my gosh, I won't even to begin to start with you...

bottom line: dp fusions are good guns, but in no way shape or form would i even begin to compare it to a shocker or any other high end gun besides a legend.

Last edited by woodpusher91 : 01-02-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:52 PM #82
fds (Banned)

i'm glad your amazed
Old 01-02-2007, 09:41 PM #83
assassinationACI
ONCE GREAT, ALWAYS GREAT

assassinationACI is a Supporting Member
Okay, let me settle this down. The Fusion doesnt have any hoses, just like the Mini, The Mini is new, so there will be tons of defect due at its release. Soon it will be resolved like all markers. The Fusion has been out longer than both markers, being said the problems are mostly easy to get rid of (since people found out ways to fix them) and DP's customer service is already been proven to be the best. Everyone knows DYE's CS is like, same with NPS. Its not thats it bad, but it sure isnt fast. The Mini's design is very complicated if not complicated then may i say not a good design? I think the Mini would do sooooo much better, but they kept the old regulator design, and old board in the grip frame design. You cant change your bottomline, nor your regulator. It seems to be harder to tech due to its newer less common design, that can baffle tons of techs that are used to fixing other markers. And for the PMR, i dont know much, but from the information they gave the release, they made it seem as if its a blowforward like an ion. "Boost Forward Technology" Boost? Forward? Sounds like a dye version of the ions design. The Ion at least had a metal body inside, with a plastic outer casing. But the PMR has a straight up composit frame with no metal support what so ever. If DYE was smart, they should of just re-release a smaller version of the PM5.

Last edited by assassinationACI : 01-02-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 PM #84
fds (Banned)

And i would like to add that the UL frame is known to bend in hotter weather i saw a picture of that. So plastic=bend frame/gun

And SP will probably just sue dye for using the boost forward technology thing and then dye like AKA will be no more and Sp will rule the world. So as far as i'm concerned go pack to the SP fourms and go file a lawsuit