Left Behind: Eternal Forces - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-14-2006, 03:53 PM #1
Devi1s Night
 
 
Devi1s Night's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florida
Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Check this game out...what a brilliant way to brainwash children with religious intolerance.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061214-8418.html

http://buzzplant.com/lbg/ecard1/?gcl...FRJ3UAodlzZN8w
Devi1s Night is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 04:03 PM #2
blueshifty
RIP: Under๘ath
 
blueshifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
religious intolerance
Huh?
Oh well, looks fun.
__________________
Feedback: Old (+4)
blueshifty is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:04 PM #3
notsolegato1
misses osst : (
 
notsolegato1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
i think you're being pretty intolerant of the game and its designers.
notsolegato1 is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 PM #4
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I like this quote
Quote:
"Don't mock 'Left Behind: Eternal Forces' because it's a Christian game. Mock it because it's a very bad game," wrote GameSpot reviewer Brett Todd.
heheheeee
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:06 PM #5
NCNC (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Jesus Christ

How far will they go?
NCNC is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:09 PM #6
NCNC (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1s Night View Post
the objective of the game is to wipe out non-believers and those who believe differently...can anyone honestly say that that is not a horrible thing to spread?
Is that not the history of christianity?
NCNC is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:09 PM #7
Devi1s Night
 
 
Devi1s Night's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolegato1 View Post
i think you're being pretty intolerant of the game and its designers.

the objective of the game is to wipe out non-believers and those who believe differently...can you honestly say that that is not a horrible thing to spread?
Devi1s Night is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:14 PM #8
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1s Night View Post
the objective of the game is to wipe out non-believers and those who believe differently...can you honestly say that that is not a horrible thing to spread?
wait a minute. are you saying it is any worse than any of the other violent and law-disobeying games out there? why not talk about games that spread stealing cars, or running over people, or other violent anti-social acts. just because it is a "Christian" game, it has to be picked out as "horrible"? I suppose when the "conservatives" pick out the other violent games and anti-social games as teaching/spreading something you same folks want to be quick to defend those games?

not saying you do or don't, but come on, lets at least use the same logic.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:18 PM #9
notsolegato1
misses osst : (
 
notsolegato1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1s Night View Post
the objective of the game is to wipe out non-believers and those who believe differently...can you honestly say that that is not a horrible thing to spread?
from the video on the game's site, you attack people when/if they attack you first.
notsolegato1 is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM #10
Devi1s Night
 
 
Devi1s Night's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
wait a minute. are you saying it is any worse than any of the other violent and law-disobeying games out there? why not talk about games that spread stealing cars, or running over people, or other violent anti-social acts. just because it is a "Christian" game, it has to be picked out as "horrible"? I suppose when the "conservatives" pick out the other violent games and anti-social games as teaching/spreading something you same folks want to be quick to defend those games?

not saying you do or don't, but come on, lets at least use the same logic.
I never said the other games are good influences, and this is the forum for religion so i'm talking about a game dealing with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolegato1 View Post
from the video on the game's site, you attack people when/if they attack you first.
yes but all the while you are still trying to convert them
Devi1s Night is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM #11
notsolegato1
misses osst : (
 
notsolegato1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1s Night View Post
I never said the other games are good influences, and this is the forum for religion so i'm talking about a game dealing with it


yes but all the while you are still trying to convert them
trying to convert someone does not make you intolerant.
notsolegato1 is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:28 PM #12
Devi1s Night
 
 
Devi1s Night's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolegato1 View Post
trying to convert someone does not make you intolerant.
uhhhmmmmmmm...... by converting them you are trying to force your own beliefs on them, and if you are doing that then you are intolerant
Devi1s Night is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:46 PM #13
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Wow.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 04:55 PM #14
Mps2216
Control Yourself
 
Mps2216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
wait a minute. are you saying it is any worse than any of the other violent and law-disobeying games out there? why not talk about games that spread stealing cars, or running over people, or other violent anti-social acts. just because it is a "Christian" game, it has to be picked out as "horrible"? I suppose when the "conservatives" pick out the other violent games and anti-social games as teaching/spreading something you same folks want to be quick to defend those games?

not saying you do or don't, but come on, lets at least use the same logic.
Video games should not be a venue for religion. Kids want to shoot things and steal cars, and play football, and blow stuff up. That's what sells. I have never heard of a kid who wants to play a video game which propagates Christianity or entails "spiritual battles". I'm not trying to justify violence in video games, but be realistic.
__________________
WashU '12
SC Rage RKPB
Mps2216 is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 05:00 PM #15
NCNC (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
Video games should not be a venue for religion. Kids want to shoot things and steal cars, and play football, and blow stuff up. That's what sells. I have never heard of a kid who wants to play a video game which propagates Christianity or entails "spiritual battles". I'm not trying to justify violence in video games, but be realistic.
We should just pray for them.
NCNC is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 05:04 PM #16
Mps2216
Control Yourself
 
Mps2216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCNC View Post
We should just pray for them.
Who? The people that made the game or the people who have to play it?
__________________
WashU '12
SC Rage RKPB
Mps2216 is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 05:05 PM #17
NCNC (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
Who? The people that made the game or the people who have to play it?
ahahahahaha
NCNC is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 05:24 PM #18
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
Video games should not be a venue for religion.
I disagree
Quote:
Kids want to shoot things and steal cars, and play football, and blow stuff up. That's what sells.
and these things are a "better" venue? sorry, I disagree again
Quote:
I have never heard of a kid who wants to play a video game which propagates Christianity or entails "spiritual battles"...
I have, and not just me. I played the doom series (probably just dated myself for those that didn't already know I was really old) a lot cause I got to hack up demons with a chain saw. hehehehee as I quoted and agree - we shouldn't dis a game cause it's religious or Christian, but rather because it is just a bad game.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 PM #19
Mps2216
Control Yourself
 
Mps2216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I disagree
and these things are a "better" venue? sorry, I disagree again
I have, and not just me. I played the doom series (probably just dated myself for those that didn't already know I was really old) a lot cause I got to hack up demons with a chain saw. hehehehee as I quoted and agree - we shouldn't dis a game cause it's religious or Christian, but rather because it is just a bad game.
Hacking demons
Destroying the Antichrist in the name of Christianity

It's more the motive behind the game, rather than the game itself. Although it does suck anyway, so its pretty much a lose/lose situation.
__________________
WashU '12
SC Rage RKPB
Mps2216 is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 PM #20
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D4 division
"The violence in our game is more of a spiritual warfare kind of violence"
Oh like the violence that was carried out during the crusades? That makes it better right? in the name of your god=not as violent.

The fact that there is no blood/guts is her reason of justifying. not the fact that your killing people who have chosen the "otherside".

"we need to be creative and resourceful with young people today. We need to understand that the enemy is bombarding them with really clever stuff."
the enemy? HA

"When so many games are focused on rewarding negative social and spiritual values (this game) enforces positive behavior"
Holy **** sandwich man.

Last edited by Hero : 12-14-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Hero is offline  
Old 12-14-2006, 09:19 PM #21
Aggressive Bill
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
Video games should not be a venue for religion. Kids want to shoot things and steal cars, and play football, and blow stuff up. That's what sells. I have never heard of a kid who wants to play a video game which propagates Christianity or entails "spiritual battles". I'm not trying to justify violence in video games, but be realistic.
I get what you are saying, but look at many video games out there. There's religion all over games. Sometimes its just demons. Sometimes angels. Some games involve gods. The spiritual aspect is found all over many games.

Personally, I thought the game looked a bit dumb. I saw the demo. It just looked kinda stupid, but that's the way the games go sometimes.
Aggressive Bill is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump