PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-14-2006, 12:25 AM #1
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

If you need a speedfeed... fast

Hello nation, I come bearing a gift to you all. I have discovered a new method for an ultimate ghetto speedfeed. This method will cost you all about 13 cents, from any grocery store.
Materials:
One Dixie Coffe Cup Lid
Teflon Tape
Scissors

Procedure:
Aquire materials
Cut out a tiny bit of the center of the dixie lid
Cut from the hole in the center to the edge, from 4-5 different angles to make flaps, make sure the cuts go all the way to the edge.
Bend the flaps down a little bit to get them flexable
Cut off the excess plastic around the bottom of the lid.
Remove existing lid from your hopper
Wrap tons of teflon tape around your halo top
Place the lid on top of the halo
Test
If the balls get stuck, cut lids more, bend edges down

Pictures:

This worked perfectly for me. I could load my hopper in under two seconds. I shook the lid, and even turned it upside down while doing so. One ball came out, so I adjusted flaps, now its perfect. You need a ton of teflon tape to get it to stick on the hopper well. I have tried over and over to pop the lid off, yet it remains on it. I tried diving/jumping with it, worked great.
Enjoy northwest. If you want, I will do this for you. Just give me the supplies, and I'll make you this "unique" feed for free. It will cost you about 13 cents. I will be at Tacoma Paintball this weekend hopefully.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 12:28 AM #2
sensevision
superman

sensevision is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
i use the ghetto speedfeed garbage disposal with some extra cuts, works really nice for 4 dollars, and requires zero teflon tape. nice work tho
Old 12-14-2006, 12:37 AM #3
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Thanks, I was gonna do the splash guard one, but I don't have any splashguards. I am curious as to how well the ghetto speedfeeds work compared to the real speedfeed. I heard they work better.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:20 AM #4
thebombdotcom
•Shameless•

i think they look like **** and i would just rather have a regualr lid..but nice

*****es aint **** but hoes and tricks.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:52 AM #5
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Looks are not as important to me as performance. This particular speedfeed was the first generation of the coffee lids. In real life, the lids look a lot better. The flash gives this lid no justice. Anyways, the second generation looks better, with cleaner cuts, and instead of the tabs meeting in the center of the feed, they meet near the top. More pressure is put at the bottom of the lid when loading, so I made the tabs longer. The upper tabs were limiting ball movement in the first generation, the second generation is almost twice as fast at loading, it times in at 1.2 seconds. I have continued to give the lids the test, showing them no mercy. I have bent the tabs all the way in, all the way out, and they are still holding up. I doubt they will break unless shot at, but getting hit in the top/back of the hopper is very rare, has never happened to me. I think if you are shot in the back, then just like every other speedfeed, the ball will hit all your other balls inside your hopper, and cause a mess. Hopefully I can get some new pictures up. I also made one that can fit an egg, but needs to be taped. I hope to have pictures of the 2nd gen. and 1st gen. of egg feeds by tommarow.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 AM #6
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
The only issue I have with my real speed feed is that it doesn't like to load reball as fast as normal paint. This isn't a problem if you don't shoot reball much I wonder how the ghetto or your lid design work with reball.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 AM #7
flight cancled
Engineering your BAN

flight cancled is a Supporting Member
Well it beats a pingles or tennis lid that is for sure, why it in NW I have no idea.....
Old 12-14-2006, 09:13 AM #8
Hater Sauce (Banned)
^This Guy knows...

because he's from the NW and its a "gift" to nw peoples!!11!!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:28 AM #9
McPoison (Banned)
2k5'er

thats really really ghetto... lol. nice one man.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:49 AM #10
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Thanks man, I don't have reballs to test it with, but I do have some rubber marbles, they are like .750 or so. Lemme test em real fast.
Yeah, they work fine, just as well as real pballs. It's in the NW forum because I am giving these to people at the cost of supplies. So if you have a lid, and teflon tape, I will do it for you for free. I also realized that eventually the teflon tape will get smashed into a very thin layer. I just re-shaped my lid with the smashed teflon and used some gorrilla glue to hold it on.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 AM #11
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

I think that the ghetto speedfeeds and my feed will work better with reballs, because you actually use the pod to push into feed, unlike the real speedfeed where you are supposed to let the balls get themselves in.
As long as you load the pod at an angle with my 2nd gen., then you can load anything.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:05 PM #12
the imitator

yea i did the pringles can mod.... i hade atleast 30 angles though and it works wonders

i dnt like the regular speed feeds because you have to shake the hopper and pod to get it to load faster... as long as it takes to load a full pod into the hopper i could go through all the steps and be back shooting
Old 12-14-2006, 09:13 PM #13
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Yeah, the problem for me is that I play front, and need some stiff tabs so no paint at all can escape. I have about 5 of them now. I did one with about 30-40 tabs, it was very very fast to load, but spilled when I dove. It would be good for back players, but would suck for front players. The one with about 8 cuts works best for front players, and 12 works best for mid players. I am currently working on one for my egg, should be done soon.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:08 PM #14
the imitator

im a snake player and the one with 30 works great sure its spills maybe 3 when i dive but unless every paintball is worth keeping then i wouldnt make a fuss about it.... what are you using to make the egg speedfeed
Old 12-18-2006, 01:17 PM #15
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Same lid, just cut on the edges to accomidate for the eggs shape. If you are reffering to the 30 cuts on a lid, then I would reccomend making one that has 5 or so cuts. The tabs will wear out a little bit, so 5 cuts is all I need.