Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 01:20 PM #757
VaughanBallaa
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
VaughanBallaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
I concur, a Protege will be louder due to it being a two phase poppet valve, where as the Legend is a Fasor with a poppet valve. And Legends, if tuned right, do not have kick, they have vibration from the spring replacing the ram to its original place of rest.

For those of you that do not know what a Fasor is:

Forward
Air
Spring
Operated
Return
how do you tune a legend that has no lpr??
all you can adjust is dwell which doesnt make a big difference in ANYTHING despite what people want to tell you, and the HPR which should always be set around 290 fps

Last edited by VaughanBallaa : 03-24-2011 at 07:53 PM.
VaughanBallaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 PM #758
Infinity89
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Corona, CA
2007 infinity legend vs. 2011 Proto Matrix Rail
Infinity89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM #759
iLLz
Am i pro ?
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
iLLz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dm6 vs legend? I might get a trade for the stock v1legend, freak, proflex.
__________________
3 FOR 1 TRADE.
iLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 AM #760
Mezooz
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
guys, look at recent posts. if the legend is presumably better than an Ego 07, than its going to be better than you Axe, Pmr, and other guns equal to or worse than the Ego 07. look at recent posts and find out the comparison between your gun and the one you want to verse.
Mezooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:18 PM #761
bunkerking2000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I was wondering should I trade my aurora pm7 with ul frame for a v2 legend with stiffy plus 180 bucks? My pm7 is mint and the legend has a little wear. Lmk thanks.
bunkerking2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM #762
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW
 
europk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada, EH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerking2000 View Post
I was wondering should I trade my aurora pm7 with ul frame for a v2 legend with stiffy plus 180 bucks? My pm7 is mint and the legend has a little wear. Lmk thanks.
yes, do you play in any semi-auto leagues? or all psp? its a totally different shot, the legend will kick a little more but its a staight up machine gun. use the 180 to buy paint.
__________________
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
europk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 PM #763
bunkerking2000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
ok thanks i have heard good things about the legend. The main thing being that they need like no maintence which is always a good thing.
bunkerking2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 AM #764
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy
 
Swanie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NOVA
Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerking2000 View Post
ok thanks i have heard good things about the legend. The main thing being that they need like no maintence which is always a good thing.
I personally love my Legend. My friend fronted me some cash to get one after I had a horrible run-in with my G3. I wouldn't trade my Legend for anything, not even highend. The only thing I'd try in the near future would be a G6R.

The pros:
- It's a beast, hands down, bar none in terms of price and performance.
- It's not the newest, top-of-the-line Ego, DM, or Luxe but who cares if you're not playing D1/2/Semi/Pro.
- For the price you can't beat a low to mid ranged price marker of this quality.
~Stock Tadao board with numerous settings, Tonka truck tough frame, CP ASA/Barrel/Reg.
-Maintenance, what maintenance? There is so little maintenance on my Legend is ridiculous. Lube the Rammer and Reg on occasion and you're set really.

The cons:
- It is "slightly" heavy but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a Tippmann in weight. O the flipside of this, it has almost 0 kick, and I mean 0.

The upgrades:
- The choice of having a soft-tip bolt is quite nice. I do feel a much lighter touch on paint which is always handy for coming across the brittle junk that I have to play with on occasion.
- Clamping feedneck.
- 2 different triggers (although the stock trigger alone is beast )
- V2 Rammer.
- Up'd Tadao board (unless it isn't brand new) since there are numerous Tadaos in the Legends out there.

Beyond the Infinity upgrades, I bought a slim set of grips from ANSgear.com and actually swapped my Reg and ASA for the Bob Long 360 and Bob Long Xpress Geardrive so everything is inline with my gun and nothing sticking out to the side. By far that's all the high and mighty stuff since I'm quite picky about my gun, but it comes down to personal preference.

This is what my beast looks like


Cell phone pics don't do this gun any justice.
Swanie08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 PM #765
kStalk
 
 
kStalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
kStalk is for the Gunfight
legend vs the hk legend? i cant seem to find it anywhere, nor do i feel like sifting through the 37 pages this thread is made of.
kStalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 PM #766
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy
 
Swanie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NOVA
Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
HK just has different milling and the HK logo according to my knowledge. I don't think anything is different internally, then again, I could be wrong.
Swanie08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 PM #767
kStalk
 
 
kStalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
kStalk is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanie08 View Post
HK just has different milling and the HK logo according to my knowledge. I don't think anything is different internally, then again, I could be wrong.
alright thanks. so the normal v2 for 250 would definitely be better then the hk for 400 lol for a person who does have no preference to private label guns.
kStalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 PM #768
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW
 
europk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada, EH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kStalk View Post
alright thanks. so the normal v2 for 250 would definitely be better then the hk for 400 lol for a person who does have no preference to private label guns.
I've owned many of each and just prefer the hk purely on looks. And yes most hk's go for 350-550 when you can get a great regular one for 150-250
__________________
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
europk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 PM #769
nateg09
How do my balls taste?
 
nateg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: fl 321
nateg09 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nateg09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
legend with rhino spring vs bone stock ego7. is the ego worth the extra $125?
nateg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:27 PM #770
VaughanBallaa
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
VaughanBallaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateg09 View Post
legend with rhino spring vs bone stock ego7. is the ego worth the extra $125?
noone answer this kid because you literally have to go to the top of this page to find your answer
VaughanBallaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 PM #771
nateg09
How do my balls taste?
 
nateg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: fl 321
nateg09 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nateg09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanBallaa View Post
noone answer this kid because you literally have to go to the top of this page to find your answer
no one respond to this kid because he has to change his tampon
nateg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 PM #772
VaughanBallaa
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
VaughanBallaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateg09 View Post
no one respond to this kid because he has to change his tampon
yeupp thats mature bud,
just cause your too lazy to look back a page or two of writing cause mommy isnt reading the posts out loud to you this time.
VaughanBallaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:21 AM #773
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW
 
europk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada, EH!
Ok well then. Id say get a legend and try it out, you can find an ego7 anywhere, take your legend to a field and shoot it side by side with an ego7, you will soon see that the extra cost of the ego was not need.
__________________
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
europk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:39 AM #774
nateg09
How do my balls taste?
 
nateg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: fl 321
nateg09 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nateg09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yep I just bought both and I will use both and then decide and sell the one I dont like. Thanks for a real non smart *** answer
nateg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:20 PM #775
jahada510
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 510HaywardCAEastBay
legend vs a vice?
jahada510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:45 PM #776
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW
 
europk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada, EH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahada510 View Post
legend vs a vice?
both nice guns, i "prefer" the size of the legend.
__________________
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
europk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:22 PM #777
jahada510
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 510HaywardCAEastBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanie08 View Post
I personally love my Legend. My friend fronted me some cash to get one after I had a horrible run-in with my G3. I wouldn't trade my Legend for anything, not even highend. The only thing I'd try in the near future would be a G6R.

The pros:
- It's a beast, hands down, bar none in terms of price and performance.
- It's not the newest, top-of-the-line Ego, DM, or Luxe but who cares if you're not playing D1/2/Semi/Pro.
- For the price you can't beat a low to mid ranged price marker of this quality.
~Stock Tadao board with numerous settings, Tonka truck tough frame, CP ASA/Barrel/Reg.
-Maintenance, what maintenance? There is so little maintenance on my Legend is ridiculous. Lube the Rammer and Reg on occasion and you're set really.

The cons:
- It is "slightly" heavy but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a Tippmann in weight. O the flipside of this, it has almost 0 kick, and I mean 0.

The upgrades:
- The choice of having a soft-tip bolt is quite nice. I do feel a much lighter touch on paint which is always handy for coming across the brittle junk that I have to play with on occasion.
- Clamping feedneck.
- 2 different triggers (although the stock trigger alone is beast )
- V2 Rammer.
- Up'd Tadao board (unless it isn't brand new) since there are numerous Tadaos in the Legends out there.

Beyond the Infinity upgrades, I bought a slim set of grips from ANSgear.com and actually swapped my Reg and ASA for the Bob Long 360 and Bob Long Xpress Geardrive so everything is inline with my gun and nothing sticking out to the side. By far that's all the high and mighty stuff since I'm quite picky about my gun, but it comes down to personal preference.

This is what my beast looks like


Cell phone pics don't do this gun any justice.
that regulator looks amazing on a legend. i have to get one of those.
jahada510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump