PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2014, 08:34 AM #1
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
Most underrated marker in the last ten years.....

.....is the Legend.

I own a ton of markers, all of them high ends now or at one point in their lives. The one marker that will always go with me to the field and will never leave my side is the Legend. It shoots great, it feels great, it's a much smoother, quieter shooter than it gets credit for, it's efficient, and it's as reliable of a marker as has ever been produced. It's a tank and worth its weight in gold.

Let's add a little life to this section and talk about what we like about these things!
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2014, 04:50 PM #2
How Tall Do u Weight
Legend

couldnt agree more i always lend my spare out knowing when it comes back it is going to work. i search bst for them so i can bring my friends to the field and they dont have to shoot tippmans

How Tall Do u Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 PM #3
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
no offense, but you're preaching to a biased choir.

though, never shot one myself, its still a FASOR and will always be considered lesser of a gun that a traditional air forward/air back system.

for underrated guns, a B2K is more of an apt choice.

1) 4th electro made for paintball(after the PVI Shocker, Angel, Rainmaker)
2) first cheap electro, Angel performance at a cheaper price
3) the basis for the Intimidator, Cyborg, Ego, and Impulse(which was a direct, but poorly made copy) just about every stacked tubed electro using a ram driven poppit system

so not to start a flame war, its just a biased question, to a biased group.
Nobody609 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:22 PM #4
imped4now
BTFU

I own 2 A1 Fly's (one a coveted SE), an 06 Cyborg, an 07 Cyborg, a Cyborg RX, two 4B'd Quests, an Axe, and two Legends.

Not quite biased......

Out of those markers, if I had to choose one to play a weekend-long scenario game with, it would be the Legend. If I had to bring only one gun to the field to play with in cold, snowy or wet conditions it would be the Legend.

Go play with one before judging. I've owned at least 5 B2K's in my past so I'm very familiar with them. For a pure player's gun, the Legend beats it out in every category I can think of.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 PM #5
Emaspaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I own 2 A1 Fly's (one a coveted SE), an 06 Cyborg, an 07 Cyborg, a Cyborg RX, two 4B'd Quests, an Axe, and two Legends.

Not quite biased......

Out of those markers, if I had to choose one to play a weekend-long scenario game with, it would be the Legend. If I had to bring only one gun to the field to play with in cold, snowy or wet conditions it would be the Legend.

Go play with one before judging. I've owned at least 5 B2K's in my past so I'm very familiar with them. For a pure player's gun, the Legend beats it out in every category I can think of.
No doubt the legend will shoot in just about anything! What i loved most about it was the ease of maintenance and reliability ... not to mention comfort and simplicity! gotta love the legend. Wish i never sold mine
Emaspaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:58 PM #6
TheNordicBuffadillo
Still roaming...

Annual Supporting Member
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I picked up a Legend recently, regular bolt and v1 internals I believe. I used it for the first time today. I've gotta say that I'm convinced. It was a work horse all day . Had 0 breaks in the breach. The only breaks I had were in the barrel and that was with paint that I have had since the beginning of November. I love this gun. I might pick up another one just in case a teammates gun goes down
TheNordicBuffadillo's Gun Sale!!!
TheNordicBuffadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:48 PM #7
imped4now
BTFU

I played today and brought along quite a few guns to run some paint through. It was about 30 degrees and the paint was rather brittle. All markers had great paint/barrel match.

Basically NIB A1 Fly--shot like crap, broke a couple balls. I'm really not impressed with this gun and it's meticulously cared for and tuned by me. I'll need to investigate further as to the reasoning for this crappy performance.

07 Cyborg--shot OK but for some reason I had to really crank up the pressures (220 HPR, fairly high LPR) to reach velocity with the dwell at a relatively high 10ms. Overall not impressive and after it broke a ball it went back in the bag.

Axe--still trying to find the right oring combo for this gun. It was alright but also required more energy than it should to shoot a paintball at 280 fps. Broke a ton of paint throughout the end of the day, likely due to blowback caused by the poor poppet seal (possibly my fault, need to investigate).

Legend--nice and consistent, no broken paint or hiccups at all, ball on ball all day long. It's the only gun that I used today that won't require any disassembly or fuss after today. Why can't everything be this nice?

I didn't use my Quest today but it would've likely returned the same performance as the Legend did. It's usually 100% reliable. My buddy used my second Legend and it returned the same performance as the one I was using. Perfection.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:07 PM #8
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

nateg09 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nateg09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree. these guns are beasts!! Ive owned 4 and have another on the way. I'm a major gun whore and have had 31 high ends in 7 years lol. These don't feel great in the hands and are rather heavy compared to others but shoot ball on ball and as mentioned extremely reliable. With the rhino spring they are one of, if not the smoothest poppet out there. Also, from my experience these these shoot more "ball on ball" than nearly all the other high ends i've owned.

also, not that its a high end but I did own a dp fusion back in 07/8 and despite it being a fasor it shot pretty poorly
nateg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24 PM #9
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
no offense, but you're preaching to a biased choir.

though, never shot one myself, its still a FASOR and will always be considered lesser of a gun that a traditional air forward/air back system.

for underrated guns, a B2K is more of an apt choice.

1) 4th electro made for paintball(after the PVI Shocker, Angel, Rainmaker)
2) first cheap electro, Angel performance at a cheaper price
3) the basis for the Intimidator, Cyborg, Ego, and Impulse(which was a direct, but poorly made copy) just about every stacked tubed electro using a ram driven poppit system

so not to start a flame war, its just a biased question, to a biased group.
Ok so I am not biased... If a marker shoots smooth, is efficient and weighs less that 2.5lbs it's a great marker in my eyes. That's wheat her it's a Fasor, STBB, Sear or any your traditional spool/poppet. With that said I would like to nominate the Dangerous Power Fusion X to this underrated forum if I may.

I have plenty more underrated markers that come to mind but the FX is by far the most hated and most overlooked marker that I can think of. What are your opinions?

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:27 PM #10
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Also not to cause any trouble with anyone in this forum as I know it's not a Dangerous Power based thread. Just browsing the PBN community and this thread caught my interest is all. Ttyl all.

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 PM #11
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

never shot a fusion x but the 07 fusion i owned didnt even compare to the legend with a rhino spring in it
Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM #12
TS4life

ICD Promaster for me.
Though after reading these comments I'll have to pick up a Legend to try out.
I own 2 PM'd and both have never failed me. They shoot amazingly smooth and quiet with how they're tuned and for being a little heavier but it's also the most comfortable gun I've ever held and the only one I found so far that I will never sell.
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:32 AM #13
imped4now
BTFU

I like Promasters as well but from my experience Legends shoot nicer, feel much nicer and are just more reliable. I think you'll agree once you use them side by side. Both of my Legends have soft face bolts, Rhino springs, factory Tadao boards and SPD grip panels (they're black twins). I use Lurker barrels and my Ninja 68 SL on them and they both just flat out rock.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 AM #14
iBEAST

I 2nd the Promaster for the nominee. I have owned many markers over my 14 years of paint flinging and I will never part with mine. It has sentimental value and reliability is unsurpassed in my opinion. In fact, last night was the first time the ram and valve had ever been out of her for a clean and lube.
I will be purchasing a Legend soon as well.
iBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:58 AM #15
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

I agree promasters are definitely noteworthy. However, as imped4now stated side by side the legend out performs in every aspect other than maybe the feel in the hands but thats more personal preference
Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 PM #16
iBEAST

My Infinity Legend is on its way.... I hope it will not dissapoint gents! She is going into my personal collection!
Team underdog FTW!
iBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:41 PM #17
Monkeyspankaz17

Monkeyspankaz17 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Monkeyspankaz17 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If anyone wants a legend I have one sig (not trying to steal the thread just want to get rid of it)
Monkeyspankaz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:32 AM #18
djannel

Annual Supporting Member
Updating this thread and thanks to IBeast, I was convinced to also pick one up and wow, super impressed as to how reliable it is, even in the rain, no chopped balls of any kind and super consistent. While everyone was tinkering with their markers, I was ready to go everytime without any issues.
djannel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 PM #19
imped4now
BTFU

That's the Legend......Awesome 24/7.

A couple tips to Legend owners--if you run the soft face bolt, use a 110 ram bumper. It perfectly places your bolt a little further forward to prevent any ball movement between the face and ball detents. Also, if you haven't replaced the breach oring, DO IT. An old, hard breach oring can cause serious issues. The bolt can catch on it and you'll get wacky consistency or the required pressure to reach velocity will be excessive. I was having these issues with mine and pulled that oring out and threw a new 70 duro buna oring in there and BAM--greatness. Take my word, these two things will make this gun problem-free for a long, long time.