Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:29 PM #43
forgettable

forgettable is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
Rape is a difficult subject... I understand that it wasn't the persons fault, and they were the victim... However, in that situation, I'd say have the kid.

Just put him up for addoption.
Exactly what we need fewer of. Abortion allows people to erase their mistakes.

And if I'm a 14 year old girl who got raped, I don't want to have a child. Neither would you.

Dark Army D3 XBall
Old 12-12-2006, 08:30 PM #44
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadheadpballer View Post
i know several people who were adopted. the kid in my sig was adopted. he lived a great life. that doesnt meant he didnt stand the chance of not getting adopted, i've seen/heard about plenty of cases where the unwanted child gets put up for adoption and spends his entire childhood in miserable government homes, when he could have been spared the very consciousness that makes it miserable
I guess, it all boils down to opinion/experiences then... As I have experienced the opposite...
Old 12-12-2006, 08:33 PM #45
Deadheadpballer
Disestablishmentarianist

Quote:
I guess, it all boils down to opinion/experiences then... As I have experienced the opposite...
well, yeah, you know, a mile in their shoes.....

wait, did we just have another useless e-argument that we disarmed ourselves?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 PM #46
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Yeah, I usually stay out of Politics/Religion debates now... I've learned they all are pointless... However, with the new religion sub-forum... I have to get my kicks for a while.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 PM #47
inferno_timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgettable View Post
people who say abortion is murder should take care of the unwanted children themselves.
I know alot of people that have gottn adopted, and they live very happy (usally well off) lives, and if all of my friends parents aborted the kids that thy didnt want to have i would have A LOT less friends. and in cases with rape it is such a small percent of abortions. and think about what that kid could be,i use to be pro choice too, but i heard some pretty intresting facts that changed my mind

team inferno

http://www.foxpaintball.com/
Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 PM #48
Deadheadpballer
Disestablishmentarianist

Quote:
Yeah, I usually stay out of Politics/Religion debates now... I've learned they all are pointless... However, with the new religion sub-forum... I have to get my kicks for a while.
troof, me too, nobody wins, so why do it
EDIT: actually, nobody loses, so why do it
Old 12-12-2006, 08:44 PM #49
forgettable

forgettable is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno_timmy View Post
I know alot of people that have gottn adopted, and they live very happy (usally well off) lives, and if all of my friends parents aborted the kids that thy didnt want to have i would have A LOT less friends. and in cases with rape it is such a small percent of abortions. and think about what that kid could be,i use to be pro choice too, but i heard some pretty intresting facts that changed my mind
I agree...not everyone needs to abort. But the option to abort needs to exist.

I'm just glad we can keep it sensible.

Dark Army D3 XBall
Old 12-12-2006, 08:47 PM #50
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadheadpballer View Post
troof, me too, nobody wins, so why do it
EDIT: actually, nobody loses, so why do it

Precisly!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:56 PM #51
PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 (Banned)
AW SKEET SKEET MF'ER

has been a member for 10 years
IMO: one does not need a liturgy or man in a robe () to be offended by abortion.

One needs to be a human
Old 12-12-2006, 08:59 PM #52
gremlin75
.....I got nothing!

Annual Supporting Member
gremlin75 is a Moderator
gremlin75 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
gremlin75 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gremlin75 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
gremlin75 is Legendary
This is a subject that will never be cut and dry. But here are some of my thoughts.

1. If you are using abortion as a birth controll option then someone should have the option to abort you!

2. Do not use the argument that the person is not ready to have a child so they should have an abortion. If they arnt ready to have a child then they should not be having sex. Sex is a blast but it comes with responsibility that not everyone thinks about. Abortion should not be an easy out.

3. In cases of Rape or insest then I think it should be allowed.

There are just so many "What if's" in abortion that the subject will always be contested. And there are just some things that people dont think about when it comes to abortion like what Aggressive Bill said. The emotional damage that a women can do to herself by having an abortion is huge.

This subject can and will be debated for years and no one will ever come to an agreement.

I have a friend who has a physical handicap. His parents were given the option to abort him however they chose not to. He has lived a full and happy life. He plays paintball, he has gone to college, and hes now working in Washington DC. He is just an amazing person who has touched everyone he has met. But what would it be like if his parents had taken the choice to abort him???

later
gremlin
Old 12-12-2006, 09:39 PM #53
MaxMaxMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin75 View Post
3. In cases of Rape or insest then I think it should be allowed.
Why punish the innocent life for something his/her father did?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:14 PM #54
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

I find it interesting that the people who decide on abortion are old men who will never have to endure the pains of pregnancy and childbirth. Women really aren't represented enough in government.

Its been mentioned that the mother could just give the child up for adoption. But do you know how many children aren't adopted? Look at China. They have thousands upon thousands of children living in adoption homes, many of whom will never have a family. And while conditions in American orphanages are much better many orphans will not be adopted. If abortion is outlawed there will only be an overflow of children in orphanages. This overflow will result in massive amounts of kids growing up in orphanges and it will require substansial taxes to support them.

Honestly, if you're a fifteen year old girl who is pregnant what is the best option? Get rid of the baby and continue with your life or drop out of school and provide an unprivelaged life for the child? There are many success stories about children growing up and then going on to be successful despite living in these conditions, but there are more stories about those who didn't.