PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:49 PM #1
drigerV88

Abortion is it a Sin

Well being Canadian abortion is legal to a certain extent. It is stated that after the 3 month mark in Canada abortion is no longer avalible as an option. Do you believe this should change. What should it change to? Why?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2006, 06:54 PM #2
caseytmev3 (Banned)

A sin? Do you mean a sin in a certain religion? ARe you talking about the mother or the unborn?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 PM #3
graysonp
Me = Awesome

has been a member for 10 years
I don't think it should be illegal at all, but Canada's law is much better than ours.

As far as it being a sin, that is dependant on whether or not you believe an unborn child is a living human. Many Christians believe that life begins at conception and that aborting a child is equivalent to murder.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:12 PM #4
elTwitcho

I think the law is excellent as it is.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 12-12-2006, 07:18 PM #5
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
I think the law is excellent as it is.
If aint broke don't fix it.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:20 PM #6
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

I agree with that law entirely.

Abortion is the choice of the woman. Not the church, not the government. The government can decide when a fetus is comparable to an actual person, but even if they make it 3 weeks, it should still be legal.

I realize the argument over abortion is when a person becomes a person, but you can look at the development of fetuses and see that there is a long time from egg to person.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:22 PM #7
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

I think it's wrong. My "religion" doesn't really mean much when it comes down to it.

Actually, I think it's horrible.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:26 PM #8
InspectorChao

I think the woman has the right to choose within the first month or so. After that I think they should have to have the baby. No partial ***** abortions, nasty.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:27 PM #9
Deadheadpballer
Disestablishmentarianist

it depends on the type of abortion. do i think its a sin? well, being an atheist, i dont believe anything is a sin. i support gay rights, and im pro-choice. there are certain methods of abortion, like the aborting of a semi-developed fetus (after a certain amount of time) that i think is wrong and should only be allowed under very specific circumstances. other than that i think abortion should be legal, its the woman's right both as the owner of her body and the future mother of her child to choose her own future
Old 12-12-2006, 07:28 PM #10
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

That's a great law. The government has no right to tell women when to reproduce.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:30 PM #11
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

So just kill the future child? I mean, heck, I don't want my kid... Let's kill him before I get emotional attached! It's rediculous.

Here's an Idea... If you don't want to reproduce, don't have sex/be protected.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:33 PM #12
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
So just kill the future child? I mean, heck, I don't want my kid... Let's kill him before I get emotional attached! It's rediculous.

If there's no heartbeat or neuron activity is it alive?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:35 PM #13
xxinkdforlifexx
Antichrist

1st trimester, is ok.. anything after that, I say you're stuck with it.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 PM #14
Deadheadpballer
Disestablishmentarianist

Quote:

or, how about, i dont want this sack of developing cells in my teenage uterus to grow into a kid that will consume time, resources, and my future, consequently ruining both of our lives. in a way, its doing the future child a favor. that embryo, or zygote, whatever its called when its only a few weeks developed, doesnt think for itself, it cant contemplate its fate, the decision is down to the mother, who is the next closest person. not the government, and certainly not the church
Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 PM #15
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
If there's no heartbeat or neuron activity is it alive?
See... It will be.

And THIS is what gets me in a tissy about it. I can get in trouble for stealing an animal egg but we can kill a future person? Doesn't seem right.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 PM #16
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
That's a great law. The government has no right to tell women when to reproduce.
Noone's trying to tell women when to reproduce. But women shouldn't be able to take the life of their child. The question is whether or not a fetus is a living human. When does a fetus become a living person? Where do we draw the line between a mom killing a fetus and a mom killing her 2 year old kid? That's where the pro-choice and pro-life opinions differ.

In my opinion, if we are going to keep abortion legal, then you have to pardon every person who has ever gotten a manslaughter charge for killing an unborn child. I hear every few weeks of a drunk driver or some murderer who killed a pregnant mom and got 2 manslaughter charges. Aren't we being hypocritical in doing this?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:43 PM #17
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
See... It will be.

And THIS is what gets me in a tissy about it. I can get in trouble for stealing an animal egg but we can kill a future person? Doesn't seem right.
It will be? So if I kill someone should I not also be responsible for killing the children he would have had? By your logic I should. Does it matter if it will be? No. If you have no heartbeat or brain activity then you are not alive. A fetus is no different. After the fetus' heart begins to start I can understand why you wouldn't abort it.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:44 PM #18
Deadheadpballer
Disestablishmentarianist

Quote:
See... It will be.

huh? what do you mean? like stealing an egg from a farmer? because thats property, and those eggs arent fertilized. and its not a separate being until the heart starts beating and it develops the ability to live on its own, without a nutrient supply from the mother. until then, its only a "future human" and an abortion is not killing it, its simply stopping development
Old 12-12-2006, 07:45 PM #19
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
Noone's trying to tell women when to reproduce. But women shouldn't be able to take the life of their child. The question is whether or not a fetus is a living human. When does a fetus become a living person? Where do we draw the line between a mom killing a fetus and a mom killing her 2 year old kid? That's where the pro-choice and pro-life opinions differ.

In my opinion, if we are going to keep abortion legal, then you have to pardon every person who has ever gotten a manslaughter charge for killing an unborn child. I hear every few weeks of a drunk driver or some murderer who killed a pregnant mom and got 2 manslaughter charges. Aren't we being hypocritical in doing this?
That's a ridiculous comparison.

Someone killing a living being, even if they didn't intend to, is different than destroying an embryo.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:45 PM #20
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadheadpballer View Post
or, how about, i dont want this sack of developing cells in my teenage uterus to grow into a kid that will consume time, resources, and my future, consequently ruining both of our lives. in a way, its doing the future child a favor. that embryo, or zygote, whatever its called when its only a few weeks developed, doesnt think for itself, it cant contemplate its fate, the decision is down to the mother, who is the next closest person. not the government, and certainly not the church
Basing someone elses life on conjecture seems asinine/arbitrary.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:48 PM #21
forgettable

forgettable is a Supporting Member
Quote:
See... It will be.

You can get in trouble for stealing the egg of a protected or endangered species, yes. Humans are not endangered. It's not like we don't already have enough unwanted children.

Dark Army D3 XBall
Closed Thread