Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM #22
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by User_Name View Post
I am not asking someone to do it for me. I am asking God to guide me in the right direction, to help me make better decisions in improving my lifestyle.
That's fine. I get along without him better than when I asked him for guidance. I kinda sat there waiting for an answer. Don't accuse me of not trying either, because I really did try.
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2006, 08:06 PM #23
Aggressive Bill

Oi...the Allah thing pops its head up again.

Allah does mean "the god". But it doesn't mean THE god, but a god. The god of the OT and NT is not the same as Allah. Allah's roots stem back before Muhammed. Allah was one of many gods worshiped around the different parts of Arabia. He had a god wife and, I believe, 3 god daughters.
Its quite a cool history to read about. Quite different from Jehovah of the OT/NT.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:44 PM #24
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
God is God, who is a god.
Allah is a god, not God.
Yahweh is God, and is a god.
Etc.
"There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet." Come on people....

Allah is the Arabic language word referring to "God", "the Lord" and, literally according to the Qur'an, to the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" in the Abrahamic religions. It does not mean "a god", but rather "the Only God", the Supreme Creator of the universe, and it is the main term for the deity in Islam.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:24 PM #25
PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 (Banned)
AW SKEET SKEET MF'ER

It was only in times of desperation and solace that you found him?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:27 PM #26
Truthiness

Quote:
God is God, who is a god.
Allah is a god, not God.
Yahweh is God, and is a god.
Etc.

Also, Islam, Judaism, and other religions other than Christianity don't have a "born again" or "saved" phenomenon in their beliefs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Allah is the same "god". Allah means god.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:28 PM #27
PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 (Banned)
AW SKEET SKEET MF'ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
Allah is the same "god". Allah means god.
centrism FTFW
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM #28
User_Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
That's fine. I get along without him better than when I asked him for guidance. I kinda sat there waiting for an answer. Don't accuse me of not trying either, because I really did try.
He doesn't give you an answer, you have to find it.

Art - I don't know why it had to lead up to this, but it did. I finally realized I needed help shaping up my lifestyle and being pushed in the right direction. I am not just using this one situation for my own personal benefit. I will apply it to all aspects of life. I was always a caring person but there's always so much more you can do. I am far from the person I aspire to be.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 PM #29
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
While Muslims claim that Allah is the god of Abraham, if you read the Qu'ran and the Bible (Old and New Testament), you will see that the nature of God and Allah are completely different. So what's more important, who they claim to worship, or who they do.

My God (The god described in the Bible) is not the god, Allah, as described in the Qu'ran. Allah is the moon god of old Arabic religions.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:06 AM #30
Indi86
Welcome to Monkey Island

Quote:
I don't see how they would be offended, it's the truth. Their god, Allah, is not my god, God.
No- Allah is not a name for a "god". Allah = God, capital G.
And to muslims, God=Yahweh=Allah.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 AM #31
JayAcob
zoh mah gawd its me

Welcome dude.
Might I ask how old you are? just becuase you've said it took you awhile....like i went to youth the odd time starting at around 13...but I got more serious into the whole idea at the beggining of this year. Overall, good luck, welcome....i wouldnt mind talkin to you about it a bit.

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2140085
Old 12-13-2006, 01:05 AM #32
spydrplus229 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
"There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet." Come on people....

Allah is the Arabic language word referring to "God", "the Lord" and, literally according to the Qur'an, to the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" in the Abrahamic religions. It does not mean "a god", but rather "the Only God", the Supreme Creator of the universe, and it is the main term for the deity in Islam.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if you're going to quote the Qur'an you must have a reference so other people can find it correct? I would like to see where it says "god of abraham, isaac, and jacob." Where is that found?

User_name - Welcome to the family, if you ever need anything just ask. If you would like to, hop on over to the christ krew forum and introduce yourself
Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 AM #33
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
\
My God (The god described in the Bible) is not the god, Allah, as described in the Qu'ran. Allah is the moon god of old Arabic religions.
Moon god of old arabic traditions? Where are you getting this?

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
Old 12-13-2006, 02:50 AM #34
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrplus229 View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if you're going to quote the Qur'an you must have a reference so other people can find it correct? I would like to see where it says "god of abraham, isaac, and jacob." Where is that found?

User_name - Welcome to the family, if you ever need anything just ask. If you would like to, hop on over to the christ krew forum and introduce yourself
Abraham is mentioned in the Qur'an many times. The place where he is said to have sacrificed his son is a holy place for both Jews and Muslims.

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
Old 12-13-2006, 02:54 AM #35
saltman241
Dude

be aware of the fact that some Christian missionary organizations print English literature intended to teach Christians about Islam which say such things as: "Allah is the god of the Muslims" and that "Muhammad came to get people to believe in the god Allah" - implying that "Allah" is some sort of false "god". However, when these same organizations print literature in the Arabic language, hoping to lead Arabic-speaking Muslims "to Christ", they use the word "Allah" for God. It seems that if they were on the side of truth, they would not have to resort to such inconsistencies. And on an even more ridiculous note . . . there are also missionary organizations that exceed this in ignorance (or deceit) by writing books that call on Muslims to give up their belief in "Allah", and instead worship the "Lord" Jesus, "the Son of God". Besides making it abundantly clear that they are outside the community of Pure Monotheism, the people who write such material don't even realize that if they wrote such a pamphlet in Arabic, it would be self-contradictory. This is because in an Arabic Bible Jesus is the "Son of Allah"! If an Arabic-speaking person gave up the worship of "Allah", they would have no God to worship, since "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for God!

Exactly why I can't stand Christians the elitist bull**** they pull. If your not with them your against them.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 AM #36
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
let me ask you this...

WHY do you "Need" god to help you thru the hard times? Why can't you find that strength inside yourself rather than from some outside "source"?

I just don't get that whole aspect of religion. The "need" to be part of something bigger, to believe in anything outside your own power. When I hit bad times, I turn inward and I find that I can do anything once I set my mind to it. I don't need some book, I don't find comfort in a outside power. I find it within my own humanity, my own ethics, and my own strength.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 12-13-2006, 09:41 AM #37
Aggressive Bill

Yes, Allah does have his beginnings as a moon god. Archaeological digs have been done that have found many objects with moons and stars on them. It was attributed to a moon god and his daughters, who were star gods. According to many inscriptions, the moon god was named Sin, but also reffered to as al-ilah which means "the diety." Later it was shortened to "Allah" which means "the god."

Muhammed introduced the idea to worship Allah alone. He did meet opposition with different regions of Arabia. However, they were worshipping Allah already so that did help his cause.

For a whole slew of verses in the bible that talk about worship of the moon and heaven (stars and cosmic bodies) check out Deut. 4:19, 17:3, 2 Kings 21:3,5 and 23:5, Jer. 8:2 and 19:13, and Zeph 1:5 to name some. It easily reads that the god of the OT does not like the worship of the moon, stars, etc. These were common practices through out Arabia. When the Israelites were really screwing up, even they brought the worship of the moon and stars.

The fact that the god of the OT was called Allah does not mean that he is the Allah of Muhammed. It simply means that it was the word that meant "the god." Archaeological evidence and the beliefs show that they are much different.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 AM #38
The.KK
ಠ_ಠส

The.KK is a Supporting Member
The.KK has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
let me ask you this...

WHY do you "Need" god to help you thru the hard times? Why can't you find that strength inside yourself rather than from some outside "source"?

I just don't get that whole aspect of religion. The "need" to be part of something bigger, to believe in anything outside your own power. When I hit bad times, I turn inward and I find that I can do anything once I set my mind to it. I don't need some book, I don't find comfort in a outside power. I find it within my own humanity, my own ethics, and my own strength.
Well some do need other people. But in this case...if God is his own imagination, then wouldn't that mean that he's actually doing it by himself but with a different method.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 AM #39
elTwitcho

Quote:
let me ask you this...

Apparently you really can. This is the first post of yours I've seen that had decent spelling and grammar

Why should he find that strength "inside himself rather than from some outside source"? What exactly makes one better than the other?

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 12-13-2006, 11:22 AM #40
Eulogy (Banned)
batter

Quote:
let me ask you this...

<3
Closed Thread