Community Focus

Old 04-01-2016, 06:45 AM #1
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

has been a member for 10 years
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology
Rancid1845 supports Empire
JT Impulse Aftermarket or Replacement Board?

I have heard a rumor recently that Kee and GOG are out of replacement Impulse boards and have no plans to produce any more. I LOVE the JT Impulse and can't help myself buying broken ones and bringing them back to life.

Has anyone tried putting any aftermarket or EGO boards into the Imp?
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2016, 11:46 AM #2
Rebel4x4kid
Team Carnage

plays in the NXL
Rebel4x4kid plays in the MiLP
Rebel4x4kid posts videos on PbNation
Rebel4x4kid plays in the APPA D4 division
I feel the same way, I truly love my Impulse and I use it as my practice gun, though I shoot a 3.5 or LV1 for tournaments. I called GOG and got the same response, they only have a limited amount of Impulse parts left and have no intentions of ever making more.

My inquiry was about eyes, I almost wondered if a set of Ego eyes will work, they look almost identical but with shorter wires than Ego eyes.

I'd be interested to see if anybody comes out with any replacement boards. If the Impulse board you are planning on buying has the broken board, there might be a company out there that could flash or repair it.

Either way I'd be very interested to see any answers

Rebel4x4kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:00 PM #3
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology
Rancid1845 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4x4kid View Post
I feel the same way, I truly love my Impulse and I use it as my practice gun, though I shoot a 3.5 or LV1 for tournaments. I called GOG and got the same response, they only have a limited amount of Impulse parts left and have no intentions of ever making more.

My inquiry was about eyes, I almost wondered if a set of Ego eyes will work, they look almost identical but with shorter wires than Ego eyes.

I'd be interested to see if anybody comes out with any replacement boards. If the Impulse board you are planning on buying has the broken board, there might be a company out there that could flash or repair it.

Either way I'd be very interested to see any answers

yea, I plan on picking up a broken impulse and experimenting with the parts to figure out what can be swapped out for others.
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:06 AM #4
Rawdawg87

Rawdawg87 supports Shocker RSX
The part issue, bothers me so much. To see dieing support for a great marker. That not even that old. I had so people offer to buy my impulse , but I like it to much. But I might if the impulse parts are really that hard to fine.
Rawdawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:22 AM #5
Roaming Fighter
Shellshockedpaintball.com

I just got back into the sport after putting it down in 2006.

Myself and two friends all bought used impulses for under $300 dollars each.

I put three cases through mine in the past two weeks and I must say that I am very glad I did my homework and went with this marker, it's super sweet, but as you guys mentioned the lack of replacement parts is a bit disheartening but for the price you could sell the impulse, it's not worth it to sell, just keep it.

I did send an email to GoG asking for a pair of replacement detents just because i can see the need for those coming down the road. It is totally a shame that there is not aftermarket support or even replacement support for this marker because the platform is so solid and it really is a nice piece of tech
Roaming Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 PM #6
Rebel4x4kid
Team Carnage

plays in the NXL
Rebel4x4kid plays in the MiLP
Rebel4x4kid posts videos on PbNation
Rebel4x4kid plays in the APPA D4 division
You might have better luck calling GoG instead of waiting for an email response.

Rebel4x4kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:50 AM #7
samuelkeesee12

I would assume KEE will have to keep some spare parts as their warranty is a lifetime warranty that would cover boards. They may say they don't have plans to get more but my understanding is legally they would have to or repair the one u already got. Stuff like detents on the other hand are a different story.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote