PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-03-2001, 08:04 PM #1
FastBalz

has been a member for 10 years
well i just got my a.i.r. system a few weeks ago and filled it up to 4500psi i took it off the compresser and as it is suppose to it started loosing pressure while cooling off (300psi or something). After that i hooked it up to my angel and started to shoot my gun................everything worked fine no drop-off or anything like that for the whole day. I topped it off at the end of the day and went home. the tank psi was at 4200 before i left. I started to watch the psi and it was dropping for some reason (like 300psi an hour) now its down to 1900psi and it was last week when i got it topped off. my question is why would it still be loosing psi even though the grub screw is flush with the end of the reg?
Also my shots left counter isnt working.....once i put it on CaLC and shoot it wont calculate the # of shots left.

Thanx
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2001, 08:21 PM #2
archangel
the dark side

Lightbulb

your A.I.R. is leaking from the reg seal ... check in your owners manual how to change them ( they are supplied with the A.I.R. and for your sot counter , make sure you re shooting the gun on CalC til the display shows the shots left
Diablo paintball
Old 05-03-2001, 08:28 PM #3
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
Most likely it's the macroline connection from the AIR to the minireg.

Get a proconnect and some ss hose and you'll be all set.

Mike
Old 05-03-2001, 08:44 PM #4
FastBalz

it cant be the microline since i had the grub screw flush with the end of the reg meaning no output psi. I cant hear or feel the air leeking. the only reason i think its leaking is because the display of the TANK PSI keeps on droping in pressure, not too fast.......but still enough to make it go down 2000psi in a week.

Archangel,
do you still think its the reg seal after ive givin you a better discription of the leak?

Thanks guys
Old 05-04-2001, 12:15 AM #5

oh its just your tank bleeding all tanks do that trust me.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:17 AM #6

its a safety think cuz wut if your tank was a justable an your on off broke they can just unscrew teh macro line cuz of hte pressure so they just left it sit for a week for 2.
Old 05-04-2001, 11:02 AM #7
FastBalz

That sucks. So your sayen that i cant hold air in my tank for long periods of time? If so is there any way to stop it from bleeding air????

Thanks
Old 05-04-2001, 12:49 PM #8
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
Try the fix that archangel suggested. However, in many states it's illegal to transport filled air tanks in your vehicle anyway. (Don't believe me? Call your local Department of Transportation on the legality of transporting full pressure vessels without a license to do so.)

Just a thought. I always vent my tank at the end of the day.

DR

old school PBC admin... keeping it real

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!

Buy my sweet red Eflex before the kittens kill again :(
Old 05-08-2001, 04:50 AM #9
Jalk

hey newbie

I don't think the tank is losing pressure as some sort of a safety feature. The failsafe if something is hampering the output is the burst thingy. These tanks are designed to lose a seal before the carbon tank bursts (for good reasons!!!) and the psi at which the tank will vent can be adjusted. If I needed to get in an AIR and couldn't bleed it I would adjust it until it thought it was overpressurized and then go to work~!~
Old 05-09-2001, 09:18 PM #10
archangel
the dark side

Exclamation

it is not mine keeps pressure in it . fastbalz's a.i.r loses 300 psi per hour ... fastbalz are you sure that you turn completelly the outpout to zero ? if so , the reg has a tiny ( 300 psi per 300 , can we call that tiny ?? ) leak
Diablo paintball
Old 05-09-2001, 11:38 PM #11
FastBalz

Yup i'm positive the screw is flush with the end of the reg (just like it said in the manual) and the out-put psi is turned all the way off. does your tank hold pressure for a long time or does it slowly lose pressure? Well if it has a problem im sendin it back to Warpedsportz.