PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-14-2006, 11:29 PM #22
maxMONSTER

well my rebuttal
at the time when God said let there be light there was no earth yet he just said let there be light and there was light not until the 2nd day did he make the oceans and then the third day the land
Proto clear eye plates $20
Qlock $40
07 CP on/off $37
Halo B v35 rip drive $135
playing paintball priceless
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 PM #23
Mps2216
Control Yourself

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxMONSTER View Post
well my rebuttal
at the time when God said let there be light there was no earth yet he just said let there be light and there was light not until the 2nd day did he make the oceans and then the third day the land
Thank you for proving my point?

The Big Bang entailed a simultaneous explosion of matter and energy. There was not a series of steps in which light was first released, and then matter, or anything of that sort. And again, the Creation story only applies to the Earth. Nowhere does it address the beginning of anything greater or more expansive than the Earth, except for the creation of the stars which comes after the creation of the earth. Realize that the light from the Big Bang would not cause a night and day effect on Earth. This requires the sun. According to the Creation story, light is created before the sun. This same light is used to differentiate between night and day. This would obviously not be possible if the Big Bang be true. (My point being, the night and day on earth could only be substantiated by the Sun, which according to the Creation story was created three days after night and day were established.)
Old 12-14-2006, 11:50 PM #24
noob101

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathballer06 View Post
i'm being serious, god is a lame excuse for people not knowing. How the earth was made is a perfect example, there is no huge being that controlls everything, people dont know, so they just say its god. I 100 % belive in evolution and the bing bang
We all knew your belifs in the first post. No need for a second. And learn how to spell "big" and "controls". Not really helping your scientific theory out spelling like that.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:24 PM #25
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
Thank you for proving my point?

The Big Bang entailed a simultaneous explosion of matter and energy. There was not a series of steps in which light was first released, and then matter, or anything of that sort. And again, the Creation story only applies to the Earth. Nowhere does it address the beginning of anything greater or more expansive than the Earth, except for the creation of the stars which comes after the creation of the earth.
To kind of expand on why this was such, is basically at the time the creation story was written the knowledge of anything outside the earth/sun/moon/stars, was unknown. Only the objects that can been seen with the naked eye could be accounted for. Hence a "flaw" in the bible, now some will just fall onto the Stars/Heavens=the rest of the universe...And thats just stupid.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:29 PM #26
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathballer06 View Post
i'm being serious, god is a lame excuse for people not knowing. How the earth was made is a perfect example, there is no huge being that controlls everything, people dont know, so they just say its god. I 100 % belive in evolution and the bing bang
ok thats your 3 straight posts saying the same thing. TRy to be more open-minded and not flame other religions. YOu could have been more respectful by saying " i dont believe in god" not "god is a bunch of bs" and this is all your oppinion. no one will ever know if there is a god or not until they die

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 12-15-2006, 06:29 PM #27
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
To kind of expand on why this was such, is basically at the time the creation story was written the knowledge of anything outside the earth/sun/moon/stars, was unknown. Only the objects that can been seen with the naked eye could be accounted for. Hence a "flaw" in the bible, now some will just fall onto the Stars/Heavens=the rest of the universe...And thats just stupid.
flaw in the bible? sorry, I disagree. The Bible has some science in it, but it is not a book of science. The Bible is about theological aspects and relationship of God with His creation. It is not the end-all of all knowledge. I wouldn't go to the Bible, for example, to learn how or for instructions on how to build a suspension bridge.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:36 PM #28
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
flaw in the bible? sorry, I disagree. The Bible has some science in it, but it is not a book of science. The Bible is about theological aspects and relationship of God with His creation. It is not the end-all of all knowledge. I wouldn't go to the Bible, for example, to learn how or for instructions on how to build a suspension bridge.
Or how to build a boat to survive a flood with 2-7 (depending on researcher) of each animal in it.

Seriously tho...Is there proof of knowledge of planets/solar systems outside earth/moon/sun/stars, in the bible? if so I'm kinda interested. I've been through the bible many times throughout 12 years of catholic schooling and don't remeber it.

Rambo-Would you be down to start a thread on the science of the bible? I think that would lead to some good debate, or a orgy blood **** fest...it could go either way
Old 12-16-2006, 10:22 AM #29
livingwithcause

livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Seriously tho...Is there proof of knowledge of planets/solar systems outside earth/moon/sun/stars, in the bible? if so I'm kinda interested. I've been through the bible many times throughout 12 years of catholic schooling and don't remeber it.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the HEAVENS and the earth.

You must have skipped that or something. It's states that there are things in the heavens aka the sky...

I don't really see the purpose of actually knowing that there are 3.3 billion other planets out there other than to say "Wow that's cool." The biggest reason they keep looking is that they are looking for something in the skies and if only they would just look up they would find God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxMonster
well my rebuttal
Read Genesis 1:1 and 2 and repost that statement.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was void and formless, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Oceans were there first and then he separated them. The earth was covered with water and the land was brought up from underneath.

Anyways...
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
Old 12-16-2006, 12:18 PM #30
Indi86
Welcome to Monkey Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxMONSTER View Post
i know im gonan get a bunch of crap from athiests and what not ok whatever fine it says im gonna get persecuted so go ahead ur doing me a favor anyways
News flash: Getting rebutted for a weak argument on the internet != persecution. The bible does not care about your poorly contrived quick posting. It's making you look like a whiny teenager.

You're getting a bunch of crap from people that believe things have logical explanations sans divine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwithcause View Post
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the HEAVENS and the earth.

You must have skipped that or something. It's states that there are things in the heavens aka the sky...

I don't really see the purpose of actually knowing that there are 3.3 billion other planets out there other than to say "Wow that's cool." The biggest reason they keep looking is that they are looking for something in the skies and if only they would just look up they would find God.
So you're turning a "metaphorical" first verse into some sort of divine validation of scientific ignorance. Lovely. No point in looking past our tiny blue dot for life, for the answers to questions greater than those in our own lives, for the betterment of society, or find out exactly how the universe started and where its going then. Why would we want to know that.

Last edited by Indi86 : 12-16-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:49 PM #31
wasssup
GO CLEMSON and WAKE!!!

If someone is "god" they can do anything
however, one day to God may be a thousand days to us. after all he has existed forever
Old 12-16-2006, 09:56 PM #32
christianballer4life

dude there is not any real avidence or proof of evolution. according to the laws of science evolution is impossible and cannot be proven
CHRIST KREW 4 LIFE#77
If your a baller and a loved one has breast cancer put this in your sig
Old 12-16-2006, 10:03 PM #33
christianballer4life

the second law of thermodynamics(a law proven by all scientists) states that energy and other natural natural processes go one way toward less useable energy and greater disorder which means an act of evolution or something getting better and more advanced is impossible and according to the 7 steps of science in those steps it states that for something to be proved with science it must be observed and the big bang/evolution cannot and have not ever been observed therefore evolution must be accepted by faith just as Christianity and the Bible and God.
CHRIST KREW 4 LIFE#77
If your a baller and a loved one has breast cancer put this in your sig