Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-17-2006, 09:36 PM #43
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
No, evolution is more like "hmm, phlyogeny, anatomical/molecular parahomology,DNA/potein functional redundancy, endogenous retroviruses, redundant pseudogenes, ontogeny and developmental biology all provide sound evidence for evolution that we can observe and measure. It makes logical sense that this is what happened."
I cant believe that people are actually starting to think that this "THEORY" is anywhere near being considered fact. Using big words doesnt do anything for you buddy, considering there are about 1000 unanswered questions in each of those stages that you mentioned.

Evolution is anything but logical. When they say the first "human/monkey" was created, it died off, then magically a whole new different form of man was created. How the hell can that happen? How can new type of man magically appear?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2006, 10:19 PM #44
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Yes I honestly believe that, its much more credible then "evolution". And Eye-Witnesses of Aliens upducting people are by loony individuals, not by the masses as jesus had.

Evolution is nothing more then a "well this is like this so it must have started this way", which by your logic is the same thing that you accuse me of doing.
You only believe those quotes because they agree with what you are trying to prove. And you call the people abducted by aliens "loony"...I can't even believe I am arguing with you right now. Some so-called witnesses more credible than evolution...You are being absolutely ridiculous.

And your 2nd point makes absolutely no sense at all.

This theory IS being accepted as fact as the "holes" you Christians rant ona nd on about are being slowly filled up. 95% of scientists believe the theory for a reason, bud.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:30 PM #45
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
I cant believe that people are actually starting to think that this "THEORY" is anywhere near being considered fact. Using big words doesnt do anything for you buddy, considering there are about 1000 unanswered questions in each of those stages that you mentioned.

Evolution is anything but logical. When they say the first "human/monkey" was created, it died off, then magically a whole new different form of man was created. How the hell can that happen? How can new type of man magically appear?
Stop being a *******. At least read a damn book about evolution before asking ridiculous questions.

Learn what a damn theory is in science as well.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:38 PM #46
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.

Quote:

You have obviously not read the other evolution threads I have posted in. With all modesty, I believe I am one of the few people on ST qualified to hold an actual discussion on evolution. Have you even passed a basic biology course, detailing general evolution?

Evolution has been OBSERVED in our lifetime. Polyploidy speciation (macroevolution) has been observed in salamanders, flowers, and certain rodents. You can witness microevolution in high school labs with bacterial R-gene transformation. I believe its standard for most curriculums now. It's still a "theory" because it's impossible to test every single possible permutation of speciation in a laboratory.

theory (n.) a proposed description, explanation, or model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation

faith (n.) Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence

I'm not going to bother explaining all the "magic" to you, because it involves more big words, and there it's too much for an ST post. Take a 101 biology course

Please, point out one of the "thousands" of holes for me. I'd be more than happy to address individual points. For a general overview, look here.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
It's compiled from impartial sources found here
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/refs.html

And creation? The whole thing is one giant hole. Evidence please?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:49 PM #47
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
You have obviously not read the other evolution threads I have posted in. With all modesty, I believe I am one of the few people on ST qualified to hold an actual discussion on evolution. Have you even passed a basic biology course, detailing general evolution?

Evolution has been OBSERVED in our lifetime. Polyploidy speciation (macroevolution) has been observed in salamanders, flowers, and certain rodents. You can witness microevolution in high school labs with bacterial R-gene transformation. I believe its standard for most curriculums now. It's still a "theory" because it's impossible to test every single possible permutation of speciation in a laboratory.

theory (n.) a proposed description, explanation, or model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation

faith (n.) Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence

I'm not going to bother explaining all the "magic" to you, because it involves more big words, and there it's too much for an ST post. Take a 101 biology course

Please, point out one of the "thousands" of holes for me. I'd be more than happy to address individual points. For a general overview, look here.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
It's compiled from impartial sources found here
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/refs.html

And creation? The whole thing is one giant hole. Evidence please?
Despite the glaring egotism,
Old 12-17-2006, 11:50 PM #48
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My girlfriend falls in the same category. She has said to me, and I quote:
"You're telling me humanity came about through a random set of mutations? I believe that it's much more logical to say that God just created us."

Please, she's gotta be joking.

And I'd hesitate to point out that Evolution is only theory when supporting Theology.

Finally, the main flaw is taking what the Bible says as first hand fact. Someone saw it, they wrote it down coherently, and through the many different translations and centuries the information has not been altered or lost. If I said that I saw a hundred people who were abducted by aliens, but was completely lying, and someone read that "first hand account" a millenia from now, would it be fact? No. Would they know if it were true or not? Most likely not.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Old 12-17-2006, 11:54 PM #49
Charles666
cwatididthar?

^
congrats, your gf hasn't get caught by the snake!

ST:You're not one of us.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:31 AM #50
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
No, evolution is more like "hmm, phlyogeny, anatomical/molecular parahomology,DNA/potein functional redundancy, endogenous retroviruses, redundant pseudogenes, ontogeny and developmental biology all provide sound evidence for evolution that we can observe and measure. It makes logical sense that this is what happened."
yup, conclusion jumping and assumptions. They may be "logical" (depending on definition), but not proven.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:00 PM #51
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
yup, conclusion jumping and assumptions. They may be "logical" (depending on definition), but not proven.
No offense, but you are one to talk about proof.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:26 PM #52
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
No offense, but you are one to talk about proof.
I never said I could prove God exists. in fact, I have said that you can't prove God exists based on scientific method. So, no offense taken.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:19 PM #53
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
I feel we were put on earth to leave it a better place then when we were born.