Life, Why did it Start - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 PM #22
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
 
Conqueror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Chapel Thrill, NC
Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Conqueror supports our troops
I think this thread demonstrates a quintessential human flaw: the supposition that we are here for a reason. People across the ages have asked, "Why?" I think the answer is "Because." Humans don't need a reason to exist, we just do. Most of us simply choose to do something productive with our randomly assigned period of years on this blue-green little rock.

CQ
Conqueror is offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 08:52 PM #23
drigerV88
 
 
drigerV88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
great ill start from there i like to question my faith and the faith of my fellow peer thats the reason i like to post on pbn
drigerV88 is offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 11:57 PM #24
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Life started randomly. RNA world -> prokaryotes -> prosymbionts -> eukaryotes -> mutualistic colonies -> multicellular organisms
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 AM #25
Eulogy (Banned)
batter
 
Eulogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central Minnesota
Life started because of sheer luck. The perfect amount of everything (oxygen so on so on)
Eulogy is offline  
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 AM #26
DEATHx2
village idiot
 
DEATHx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: British Columbia
life started so god could watch good paintball on espn 2
DEATHx2 is offline  
Old 12-12-2006, 01:05 AM #27
satamusic
ɔısnɯ
 
satamusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ɹd
why is this question important? its time consuming. the day we know the answer Earth will implode.
__________________
If The World's A Stage, I Want To Operate The Trap Door.

.alien.interceptor. bob.long.reg. hammer.head.freak. pulse. lp.crossfire.

satamusic is offline  
Old 12-12-2006, 04:11 PM #28
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
I think this thread demonstrates a quintessential human flaw: the supposition that we are here for a reason. People across the ages have asked, "Why?" I think the answer is "Because." Humans don't need a reason to exist, we just do. Most of us simply choose to do something productive with our randomly assigned period of years on this blue-green little rock.

CQ
And that's why religions were invented. I can accept the fact, however, that there may be questions to which there are no answers.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 12-12-2006, 04:18 PM #29
Mps2216
Control Yourself
 
Mps2216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
that there may be questions to which there are no answers.
A) We're asking the wrong question.
B) The answer is beyond human scope or contemporary knowledge. This does not, however, mean that the answer does not exist.
__________________
WashU '12
SC Rage RKPB
Mps2216 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 06:38 PM #30
wasssup
GO CLEMSON and WAKE!!!
 
wasssup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by drigerV88 View Post
Ya why did he create us was God bored one day so he made humans so he would have someone to talk to and someone to chill with? I wish i could make friends like that too... It would be soo cool jks

BUT SERIOUSLY WHY

no really he wants us as friends
__________________
]
wasssup is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 07:33 PM #31
TeamAtrocity
*320*
 
TeamAtrocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Minnesota
TeamAtrocity is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Life started because of sheer luck. The perfect amount of everything (oxygen so on so on)
Even all the luck in the entire universe would not create life.

Where would the oxygen come from if there was no God? Where did the material for the big bang to occur from? Did it just magically appear out of the blackness?

The only thing people have a problem with creation is "Where did God come from?". The answer is that he's eternal.

Really, you need more faith to believe in evolution than you do in creation.

What proof have you found that there is no God?
__________________
TRUST: 125+ Positive / 0 Negitive!
*OLD* PBNation Feedback Thread
TeamAtrocity is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 07:48 PM #32
noob101
*Insert catch phrase*
 
noob101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Mexico
Cause God was like 'Damn this **** suckorz, we need something to totally pwn the world, then end up destroying it by GLOBAL WARMING!'

That's exactly how it happened.
__________________
noob101 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 07:50 PM #33
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAtrocity View Post
Even all the luck in the entire universe would not create life.

You are looking at this completely wrong. All the luck in the universe could not recreate things the way they are today. However, the way life is is just how things unfolded. Who knows if similar events have happened in other galaxies but fell short of creating life? Similar scenarios have probably occured MANY times, but ours was the only one where a specific chain of events happened that caused life. It wasn't BOUND to happen, it just did. No luck whatsoever, really, just happened this way. CQ explained this a while ago, I'm having a terrible time putting this into words.

Where would the oxygen come from if there was no God? Where did the material for the big bang to occur from? Did it just magically appear out of the blackness?
Oh, good point. Since we don't have any answer, it must have been God.

The only thing people have a problem with creation is "Where did God come from?". The answer is that he's eternal.
What kind of answer is that? That is HARDLY the only problem I or anyone else has with creation, but that is a very big part of it. If nothing created him, he could not exist. And you have the nerve to say the next thing you do...

Really, you need more faith to believe in evolution than you do in creation.

...No. You really, really don't. You can't say believing in some magical eternal being that controls and knows everything takes less faith than believing a steady chain of adaptations over time. This shows your incredibly obvious bias: you cannot accept not having answers so you make up your own if necessary. Evolution takes a LOT less faith than creationism, and even if for some crazy reason it didn't, evolution agrees with the secular, non-spiritual ways of our world, making it more believable than creationism (The only way I could show you this point was by creating a paradox-even more proof that you are wrong). Creationism takes WAY more faith, no matter WHAT incredibly biased way you look at it.

What proof have you found that there is no God?
What bit of proof have you found that there is one?
See this is the problem with Christians. We don't have all of the answers, so you go and say "God did it". Back in the middle ages, Christians blamed everything they didn't know the answer to on God, from sicknesses to the stars to just about everything. What you are doing is no different.

Edit: I believe the kids call this "pwned"
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter

Last edited by chodeyg : 12-17-2006 at 08:06 PM.
chodeyg is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 07:55 PM #34
noob101
*Insert catch phrase*
 
noob101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
See this is the problem with Christians. We don't have all of the answers, so you go and say "God did it". Back in the middle ages, Christians blamed everything they didn't know the answer to on God, from sicknesses to the stars to just about everything. What you are doing is no different.
God did it>no answer.

Seriously, you can't disprove God if you have no answer.
__________________
noob101 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 07:59 PM #35
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob101 View Post
God did it>no answer.

Seriously, you can't disprove God if you have no answer.
lol, i take it you are being sarcastic?
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 08:08 PM #36
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Some proof that god does exist. There are reports and eye witnesses of Jesus performing miracles, bringing the dead back to life, walking on water. How do you explain that?
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 08:10 PM #37
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
And that's why religions were invented. I can accept the fact, however, that there may be questions to which there are no answers.
Stop talking like everything that Athiests believe is fact. Evolution is light years away from being considered fact by any half-witted scientist. Besides believing in "evolution", there has to be a way that life started. We came from somewhere, our planets came from somewhere, our universe/solar system came from somewhere, things dont just magically appear.
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 08:13 PM #38
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHx2 View Post
life started so god could watch good paintball on espn 2
Now, that is a good one!!
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 08:13 PM #39
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Some proof that god does exist. There are reports and eye witnesses of Jesus performing miracles, bringing the dead back to life, walking on water. How do you explain that?
You honestly believe that? There are eyewitnesses of aliens abducting people. If that is what your base of faith is on, you lead a strange life, my friend.

And once again, you use your lack of answers to make up your own. "How did that cup get there?" "I don't know." "Did you move it?" "Nope." "Oh...I guess God did it". That is basically what you are doing, and you cannot deny that.

And I know evolution isn't FACT yet, we are working on it. Just because it isn't fact yet, it shouldn't be taken seriously? It has a bunch of evidence and we are gathering more and more every day. That's more than we can say for creationism.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter

Last edited by chodeyg : 12-17-2006 at 08:17 PM.
chodeyg is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 08:23 PM #40
noob101
*Insert catch phrase*
 
noob101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
You honestly believe that? There are eyewitnesses of aliens abducting people. If that is what your base of faith is on, you lead a strange life, my friend.
Wait, you mean to tell me aliens aren't real?
__________________
noob101 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 08:50 PM #41
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
You honestly believe that? There are eyewitnesses of aliens abducting people. If that is what your base of faith is on, you lead a strange life, my friend.

And once again, you use your lack of answers to make up your own. "How did that cup get there?" "I don't know." "Did you move it?" "Nope." "Oh...I guess God did it". That is basically what you are doing, and you cannot deny that.

And I know evolution isn't FACT yet, we are working on it. Just because it isn't fact yet, it shouldn't be taken seriously? It has a bunch of evidence and we are gathering more and more every day. That's more than we can say for creationism.
Yes I honestly believe that, its much more credible then "evolution". And Eye-Witnesses of Aliens upducting people are by loony individuals, not by the masses as jesus had.

Evolution is nothing more then a "well this is like this so it must have started this way", which by your logic is the same thing that you accuse me of doing.
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 09:25 PM #42
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Evolution is nothing more then a "well this is like this so it must have started this way", which by your logic is the same thing that you accuse me of doing.
No, evolution is more like "hmm, phlyogeny, anatomical/molecular parahomology,DNA/potein functional redundancy, endogenous retroviruses, redundant pseudogenes, ontogeny and developmental biology all provide sound evidence for evolution that we can observe and measure. It makes logical sense that this is what happened."
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump