PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-05-2001, 05:34 PM #22
Mr. Crowley

has been a member for 10 years
Legitimate Questions
Please notice I at least TRIED not to ask dumb questions like, do front block hoses come in differnt colors?

Can you do this (or a better) mod to the led angels?

Is there extra cost or parts required?

My angel needs a new valve, do you guys make/prefer a better one than stock? (If yes, what one and how much?)

If I send in the gun will charge me extra to replace the valve since you've already got the gun in pieces?

How much to send one in and have all the work done (including cleaning 14-way, switching parts, testing for problems, etc)?

How low of a pressure will my gun properly operate? (low enough to stop on a ball?)

Is the consistancy improved in anyway by this mod?

Would a normal Rock work better than a Micro-Rock?

Do you insist upon using the Palmer pieces (b/c I prefer the look of the F.G.P. Reg)?

If I use the F.G.P. Reg will you still warranty it?

Do you think a lower pressure reg (like the Vigilante or A.N.S -Gen-X2) will get better results than the stock govn-air regulator?

Would you please list (or probably wiser PM'ing me, so I can make a serious inquiry) the phone number for Professional Paintball?

Thank You

Last edited by Mr. Crowley : 09-05-2001 at 05:38 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2001, 05:36 PM #23
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
How about black? I'm a die-hard black only Angel user, and was curious if that option was available?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-05-2001, 05:42 PM #24
CSPredator
=S=P=E=E=D =K=I=L=L=S

That looks pretty good. I might consider doing that to one of my LED's. I want to see how they perform once they hit the market, and what WDP thinks of them as well.
Black Dust Superbolt Mini-cocker(which is actually nice)
I miss you Dad: Robert Casselberry a.k.a D.O.G. (Dirty Old Guy) June 10th 1957 - November 17th 2006. Paintball isn't as fun without you.
Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=237381
Old 09-05-2001, 06:34 PM #25
Organized[Kaos]
Team Organized Kaos

oh well, my bad, i've never noticed any kick, maybe its cause im used to shooting things like shotguns and rifles, but I never really noticed a kick on the angel..
Model 98
14" Carbon Fiber, Full Boar RC/RVA

PT Enforcer Pistol
I love this thing..shoots better than a 98

Stingray II
anybody want it?
Old 09-05-2001, 06:45 PM #26
brink

That looks awesome. If i ever have $100 sittin around I might send my gun in...
Old 09-05-2001, 06:57 PM #27
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
lol ducky
Old 09-05-2001, 06:58 PM #28
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
Nitroduck, are you a moron? Read his post, no dirlling no nothing, it's a drop in mod, your bonebrake lpr gets thrown in the trash can and you screw this one in.

Mike
Old 09-05-2001, 07:05 PM #29
HuMMaN

I am still trying to understand this whole waste of money. I see people are happy that you lower your pressure to 250 psi but that does not improve efficiency, it does the exact opposite. The one reason the Shocker is so gas in-efficient is because of its low pressure, any time you lower the pressure of something you must increase the volume of air used to keep the same velocity as you would have using less air at a higher pressure.

The only thing that this mod will do however is slow down the movement of the ram so you will not be able to shoot as fast.

This is yet another gimmick being put on the market for people to buy/ waste money on.

WDP already makes an awesome gun, if this mod would make it better WDP would already have done it.

When setup properly the Angel LPR does not need to be adjusted.

The HuM
Old 09-05-2001, 07:43 PM #30
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
wait wait wait timebomb. if there is no drilling involved, what does that hose connect to? it looks exactly like the matrix mod situation.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:59 PM #31
NitroDucky
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by timebomb
Nitroduck, are you a moron? Read his post, no dirlling no nothing, it's a drop in mod, your bonebrake lpr gets thrown in the trash can and you screw this one in.

Mike
Whoops I must've made a MISTAKE. Gee, I've never seen a mod that goes around starting flames...

I'll go and delete my post now since It's pointless and mistakes are not acceptable.

Old 09-05-2001, 08:27 PM #32
Brnzbuddha
OG Moderator

Brnzbuddha is a Moderator
Brnzbuddha is a Supporting Member
Brnzbuddha is a founding member
Brnzbuddha plays in the PSP
Brnzbuddha donated to help Peyton Trent
Ok...Since none of you ahve ever seen the mod done before. It takes the LPR out and the hose runs to the little hole in the front of the angel between the two lower body tubes. That hole is an air passage from the 14 way. Thats what the little nipple is for in the kit. The hose runs from the rock to the nipple in the kit. He said NO drilling, and he is correct. there is NO drilling...

AngelsRKing...This WILL keep you from chopping paint. And also, you probably will get more shots per fill. You do this because like with a cocker, there is a point to where u can get max efficiency and get low pressure. You do this by modifying your dwell setting. Shut your mouth and learn about what your talking about when you slam ethan's product bro. Ethan knows his stuff, apparently you don't.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:37 PM #33
Drewbie613
Rocksteady

Annual Supporting Member
Drewbie613 is a Supporting Member
Drewbie613 is playing at Living Legends VII
Drewbie613 plays in the APPA Pro division
Drewbie613 supports Empire
Drewbie613 is All In
so on my gun right now i have the bonebrake mod, can i still get this done? im pretty sure it would void my bonebrake warranty though, is the lpr easy to take out and drop the bonebrake one back in if i dont like it?
Los Angeles Infamous #3
Infamous Facebook Twitter
Old 09-05-2001, 09:03 PM #34
NitroDucky
Banned

yea that's a good point about the bonebrake warranty but the free flow mod comes w/ lifetime warranty as well.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:20 PM #35
SCM

SCM is a founding member
It won't make the bonebrake mod totally useless. You still have the bolt, and hammer. The only part of the mod that is useful.

I'm the most anti-upgrade person on any paintball board.

This mod is something useful. Lowering the LPR about a 1/3 will decrease chopping. I don't beleive it will get rid of it, but it will make it less often.

The rock reg should also be more consistent then the LPR. That will make for more consistent velocity. This may or may not be true. At least it is possible. Have to see it in person.

It is only $100 and it lowers the pressure of the gun twice as much as the bonebrake mod. After you add a different bolt probably even more. That probably won't do anything, but the lowering the cycle pressure will.

If cobra approves it, so my warrenty say's. There is a chance I will get it. I'm worried it will make my gun ugly though.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:42 PM #36
Cody

after that whole thing about how great it COULD be you might not get because it might make your gun UGLY? jesus.. i dont know what to say to that one.. im not getting into a fight over this stupid **** so just think about which one benefits you more: having a prettier gun or a gun that doesnt chop.. just a thought. peace
Old 09-05-2001, 09:58 PM #37
RebelLED
Ronbo

Quote:
Originally posted by HuMMaN
I am still trying to understand this whole waste of money. I see people are happy that you lower your pressure to 250 psi but that does not improve efficiency, it does the exact opposite. The one reason the Shocker is so gas in-efficient is because of its low pressure, any time you lower the pressure of something you must increase the volume of air used to keep the same velocity as you would have using less air at a higher pressure.

The only thing that this mod will do however is slow down the movement of the ram so you will not be able to shoot as fast.

This is yet another gimmick being put on the market for people to buy/ waste money on.

WDP already makes an awesome gun, if this mod would make it better WDP would already have done it.

When setup properly the Angel LPR does not need to be adjusted.

The HuM
Shockers are gas hogs, because they have two selonoids(sp?),

And about the wdp part, they did start off with an external adjuster for the lpr on the prototypes(I beleive it was the prototypes). Anyway, for some reason they didn't go through with it.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:21 PM #38
NitroDucky
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusZ
wait wait wait timebomb. if there is no drilling involved, what does that hose connect to? it looks exactly like the matrix mod situation.
Matt, on an angel between the two volumizers there's a small hole that goes to the 14-way. The next time we play I'll probably have this mod so I'll show it to you.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:37 PM #39
AppleFritter
o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l

AppleFritter is a founding member
Senor , I am very impressed. I really like the way it turned out..I just don't know if I want it..lol I would really like to see it in person first, then if I am impressed, it'll be on my gun asap. But anyhow, great idea, and great product. ttyl bro

Later
Alex

Wir kommen für die Frauen und die Kinder.

Heavy Metal Since '86
Old 09-05-2001, 11:48 PM #40
Skyssx

You are all wrong. LP does not = bad efficiency. HP does not = good efficiency. LP does not = high efficiency, HP does not = low efficiency. Any gun at any pressure can be efficient or inefficient. The reason the shocker is so inefficient is because it uses a dump style valve AND it is not set up properly. The matrix also uses a dump style valve and stock it was inefficient, Diablo has been working to set it up correctly. With a dump valve, when you fire, it dumps the entire contents of a known volume of air down the barrel. With a knock open like the angel it only uses what you have it setup for. The shocker and the first matrices had a dump chamber too large and were therefore inefficient, with a matrix you can get a trinity mod, dump chamber sleeve and high flow bolt and have it be relatively efficient. With the angel and this mod, you increase the size of air availible to the valve, NOT the amount it will definately use. A higher flowing valve coupled with this mod enables lower pressure. Since the rock is higher flowing than any angel LPR you can lower the firing pressure without inconsistancy or shootdown. Have you ever hooked up a LPR gauge and railed on the gun? You will notice that it dips from 85 down to 65, it cant recharge fast enough to keep up. With this mod you start at 65 and stay there, the angel will have much less of a chance of chopping at this pressure. With this mod you can precicely tune every aspect of your gun for maximum efficiency and consistancy. It's the best thing to happen to angels since open faced bolts.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:27 AM #41
SonOfAnOldman
Macs are for kicking.

I just wanted to comment on this whole bonebrake business. It doesn't lower the operating pressure that much lower than the bonebrake. Although it does have some other advantages, the pressure is not too much lower as you guys are saying, unless 25 p.s.i.(compared to mine, at least) is a whole lot to all of you. Though next angel I get I will probably send it to this mod just to see which I prefer better. And, I don't think you did answer the question if you can change the regulator to a different one, such as the sonic reg. I'd like to toy with the two to see which works better and stuff on an angel seeing as I have the micro on one cocker and the sonic on the other. Anyways, just my two cents.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:34 AM #42
Lockoutethan

Lockoutethan is a founding member
We reccommend the Micro Rock because it is the best design on the market. It flows better. It holds more volume of regulated air. If you want to use different regs then its really up to you. I have tried them all including making my own. The Palmers Rock is the best in this application in my opinion.

-Ethan
Designer of Free Flow Technology