Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-11-2006, 10:38 AM #1
vettewon
The Mortgage Guy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote Boiler Room?

You realize that's loosely based on a true story... and that one of the guys that used to work in that office, works for me, on my team.

I kid you not.

Last edited by vettewon : 12-11-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 AM #2
StrangeHolliday (Banned)

StrangeHolliday is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettewon View Post
Quote Boiler Room?

You realize that's loosely based on a true story... and that one of the guys that used to work in that office, works for me, on my team.

I kid you now.
haha.. thats crazy.. ya I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago.. actually a pretty good movie with some great one liners.. I think i'll try them out later today..

" dont pitch the *****" haha

and vettewon.. get me some loans! I only got like 2 closing this month..
Old 12-11-2006, 11:07 AM #3
StrangeHolliday (Banned)

Boiler room quotes: Anybody got any good sales quotes

Memorable Quotes from
Boiler Room (2000)
Man on phone: Take me off your list.
Seth Davis: Fine, fine. I'm gonna take you off my list of successful people today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Young: And there is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or him? Now be relentless, that's it, I'm done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Young: They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the ****ing smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

Jim Young: Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't ****ing have any.

Seth Davis: What do you mean, you're gonna pass. Alan, the only people making money passing are NFL quarterbacks and I don't see a number on your back.

Greg Weinstein: Don't pitch the *****.

Chris Varick: Hey, kid, get the **** outa here.

Seth Davis: I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. you see **** like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million o his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, i just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, i just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock: I became a stock broker.

Broker: I know you're not standing on your front porch with a bag of money waiting for me to call you. But I'm not some 18-year-old selling a cure for AIDS. I'm 46 years old, I have 22 years market experience, I know this business. So pick up your skirt, grab your balls, and lets go make some money

Jim Young: There's an important phrase that we use here, and think it's time that you all learned it. Act as if. You understand what that means? Act as if you are the ****ing President of this firm. Act as if you got a 9" cock. Okay? Act as if.

Seth Davis: Its strange to think how that knock changed everything, everything, hey don't get me wrong here, I don't believe in fate, i believe in odds

Greg Weinstein: Don't you have a canoli you can stick in your mouth?
Chris Varick: Don't you have a menorah you could shove up your ***?

Jim Young: You Want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari, 355 Cabriolet, What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all kids, I am liquid.

Richie: Get the **** out of here before I put you in a mayonnaise jar.

Richie: When was the last time you closed something huh? You couldn't close a ****in' window you moron!

Greg Weinstein: I hope this is better than the last batch of **** you gave me. Produced more wood than Ron Jeremy. I don't want you to yell, "Reco!" anymore. Know what you should yell? "Timber!" Yeah, Mr. ****in' wood. I hear you ****in' makin' your calls. It's bull****, all right? I mean if you want them off the phone so bad, why don't you just hang up? You should get them excited. You know, excited? They should beg for a broker on the first call.

Jim Young: You become an employee of this firm, you will make your first million within three years. I'm gonna repeat that - you will make a million dollars.

Greg Weinstein: Hang up. Hang up the phone.
Seth Davis: Thank you. That's nice for you to do that for me.
Greg Weinstein: First of all, there's gonna be a lot of these regardless of how good you are but you happen to suck big fat *** rhinoceros dick.
Seth Davis: Well, thank you. That's confidence inspiring.

Seth Davis: I had a very strong work ethic. The problem was my ethics in work.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 AM #4
vettewon
The Mortgage Guy

You want some loans? You know where to come. ;-)
Old 12-11-2006, 11:29 AM #5
StrangeHolliday (Banned)

Quote:
You want some loans? You know where to come. ;-)
* follows vettewon with a single unlit cigarette, toothbrush and toothpaste into an empty stall in the men's bathroom.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:18 PM #6
vettewon
The Mortgage Guy

We only hire people that want to make a lot of a money, you sure you arent up for the task?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:50 PM #7
StrangeHolliday (Banned)

Quote:
We only hire people that want to make a lot of a money, you sure you arent up for the task?
trust me, i'm leaning your way.. gonna see what this brokerage is like for a while first
Old 12-11-2006, 02:15 PM #8
vettewon
The Mortgage Guy

FYI - Next training class is the 2nd week in January.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:47 PM #9
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

always be closing

wall street is another movie full of quotes

I worked for a company like this once... big big mistake. Its all pumpNdump pinksheets that dont even really exist
Old 12-12-2006, 06:29 PM #10
killercho

One of my friends dad did what they did in Boiler Room and the movie is pretty much based off of his story. Hes in jail.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:58 PM #11
VApaintballer400
Business Instead of Game

VApaintballer400 is a Supporting Member
I read this article a while back, it said the Microsoft employs more millionaire secretaries than any other company in the world. they chose stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this photo of one of the groundskeepers standing next to his Ferrari. You see **** lke this, and you just can't see. Makes you think its possible even easy. And you turn on the TV and there's just more of it. The 87 million dollar lottery winner. That kid actor who just made 20 million on his last movie. The Internet stock that shot through the roof. You could have made millions off it if you just got in early. And that's exactly what I wanted to do. Get in. I didn't want to be an innovator. I just wanted to make the quick, easy buck. I just wanted in. The Notorious BIG put it best. "Your either slingin crack rock, or you got a wicked jump shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after-school job at Mickey-Dee's. The honor's in the dollar kid. So in the whiteboy way of slingin crack rock, I became a stockbroker.

<3 boiler room
Old 12-12-2006, 11:31 PM #12
sKum
I like Catbert Again

Glenn Garry Glenn Ross is a better sellers movie imo
Old 12-13-2006, 08:21 AM #13
vettewon
The Mortgage Guy

GGGR... come on.

That movie isn't anything like Boiler Room or Wallstreet. It's a reminder to the rest of us that we've all worked in horrible places like that.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:51 AM #14
DanB

I love when I get calls, and I get a lot, from those boiler rooms. I either have to hang up while they are blabbing away because they don't hear me saying I am a broker or they hear me and ALWAYS ask if I am hiring.