Bible questions: - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 PM #22
livingwithcause
 
 
livingwithcause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ArKaNsAs
livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Exodus has been disproven. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus_Decoded
Did you even watch the show? At the end of the show he proclaims that these things are all true and have tons of evidence to show that it DID happen. And that these things were guiding under God's hands. God started them and it is this how things happened. A domino effect.

I've been a Chrisitan for my whole life, but now I've been feeling more and more skeptical of the Bible..
It is not wrong to ask questions but do so in an open mind and don't dismiss the miraculous powers of God

How do they know each and every word Jesus/other people say when the disciples aren't around? Even when the disciples are asleep while Jesus is praying in the last days of Jesus' life, how do they know every word of his prayers?

Eyewitnesses and other's accounts and God's guiding hand. Like the lady at the well. The disciples were gone almost the whole time but when they came back they asked what had happened and Jesus told them. Most of the Dialog is probably a generalization of what was said. Like when you are telling a story of what happened yesterday you can remember parts of sentences but not all of them. (Not saying Jesus couldn't remember, but eyewitnesses)

Secondly, why bother utilizing Moses as a tool? Why couldn't God simply convinced the Egyptian pharoah to let the Jews go? Why love/care for the Jews of all people?

I would not say He used Moses as a tool but as a leader. Yes God could have just done it but you have to remember that the Egyptians did not believe in God but believed in gods. If God was to directly do something they might have taken it as a way of their gods as punishing them for something they did. And not as a way to let the Egyptians know to let jews go. And threw Abraham God made a promise that his people would be the chosen ones that the Christ would come through.

How can God love everyone when Jews are his "chosen people"? That hints that they are more favorable to God.

Like I said above and yes the have a favored by God, but that does not mean that they have a better chance to make it to heaven than us Gentiles. Types Jews don't even believe that Jesus was the Christ and that is going to keep them from heaven.


How are all the people in the New World during Jesus' time supposed to know the word of God? God says to go spread the word to everyone, but they didn't even know that the New World existed until nearly a millenia and a half later.

It is mentioned that when Jesus was in Hades (Yes Jesus went to hell, he could not take all those sins to heaven) that he preached to those who did not have a chance to hear the Gospel in their time on earth. So that leads me to believe that those that were at that time did not have the chance to hear had a chance before they went to heaven or hell while the were in Hades(the waiting place). The verse were all this talks about this is found in:
1 Peter 3:18-22 (New International Version)

18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[a] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge[b] of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.
__________________
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
livingwithcause is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 10:24 PM #23
x420psykoticx
Business Cat
 
x420psykoticx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is a Supporting Member
x420psykoticx plays in the PSP
x420psykoticx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
x420psykoticx is an NCPA player
x420psykoticx is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
x420psykoticx is Legendary
x420psykoticx is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwithcause View Post
Eyewitnesses and other's accounts and God's guiding hand. Like the lady at the well. The disciples were gone almost the whole time but when they came back they asked what had happened and Jesus told them. Most of the Dialog is probably a generalization of what was said. Like when you are telling a story of what happened yesterday you can remember parts of sentences but not all of them. (Not saying Jesus couldn't remember, but eyewitnesses)
But no one was with Jesus when he was praying... You're saying he went to his disciples and told them to write his exact words in his prayers when he was alone??
__________________
Team Laser - PSP
Powered by Beefy Boys™ - B.C.I.T
R.I.P. TX Select
¯\(º_o)/¯ How I make intelligent posts?

Powered by: Planet Eclipse | Empire
x420psykoticx is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 04:06 PM #24
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Either you keep arguing on pointless questions, either you become atheist or agnostic and free yourself of these things. Do you really need to try to find an answer to your life? or you just want to live your life as a good person and have fun. Don't waste time talking to someone that has never been there for you and will never be. I'm living an atheist life and never been that happy. Not thinking of either I'll go to heaven or hell; I'll die PERIOD. An endless sleep, and when you'll understand that, you will start living your life.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 05:29 PM #25
Aggressive Bill
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern IL
And then I can come on the flip side of what you say and say that its never been a waste of time to search out God. I've been a part of some awesome things, seen some awesome things that have changed what I used to believe. So on the flip side, I say its well worth it and it can change the direction of your life.
Aggressive Bill is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 05:33 PM #26
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles666 View Post
...I'll die PERIOD. An endless sleep, and when you'll understand that, you will start living your life.
I understand that is your opinion, but I happen to disagree with it. I believe that living one's life is more than just an existence. Love is a great experience, for example. While you don't have to be Christian or even religious to experience love; I personally have experienced that choice and emotion while not a Christian and while being a Christian believer. You don't have to believe me when I say that there is no comparison when you choose to live (and love) for others.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 12-16-2006, 12:32 AM #27
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I understand that is your opinion, but I happen to disagree with it. I believe that living one's life is more than just an existence. Love is a great experience, for example. While you don't have to be Christian or even religious to experience love; I personally have experienced that choice and emotion while not a Christian and while being a Christian believer. You don't have to believe me when I say that there is no comparison when you choose to live (and love) for others.
"Living" can include, in my opinion, love and any feeling you can get. To me, it means that you freely live your life for yourself, not in a selfish way but to really be happy. I know that Christians can spread some good words, but they try to mix into those words their religion, where someone is getting rich$$$$ and is exploiting others. If you wanna try to defend the pope I don't care but, Christians (pure ones) does not respect the humanity, in its differences. Someone CAN be gay or COULD love more than one person in his entire life.
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 12-16-2006, 09:55 AM #28
Aggressive Bill
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles666 View Post
"Living" can include, in my opinion, love and any feeling you can get. To me, it means that you freely live your life for yourself, not in a selfish way but to really be happy. I know that Christians can spread some good words, but they try to mix into those words their religion, where someone is getting rich$$$$ and is exploiting others. If you wanna try to defend the pope I don't care but, Christians (pure ones) does not respect the humanity, in its differences. Someone CAN be gay or COULD love more than one person in his entire life.
I'm kinda confused what pure ones are. And very few actually exploit others. Yes, it does happen, but that's not the norm. You can find people of any group that exploit people, but that doesn't mean that they represent the group well. And, you can be gay. You are just warned not to for many, many reasons of physical, emotional, and spiritual. You can love more than one person. I'm not sure exactly what that one means though. More than one at a time? More than one in a life time?
Aggressive Bill is offline  
Old 12-16-2006, 09:32 PM #29
GoldEagle (Banned)
Christianity = Bull
 
GoldEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwithcause View Post
Did you even watch the show? At the end of the show he proclaims that these things are all true and have tons of evidence to show that it DID happen. And that these things were guiding under God's hands. God started them and it is this how things happened. A domino effect.
No, I watched the show, and it said to make up your own mind and that it was a theory that they had made up. It's easy to say that God made anything. Hell, God was the one who created the earth 6,000 years ago and even created the light from stars that are thousands/millions of light years away that we can still see.

Anything can be distorted so that "God" made it.
GoldEagle is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump