PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-10-2006, 08:23 PM #1
drigerV88

Is God the cause of Racism?

As the story goes, The Tower of Babylion is one that brings great intrest to me as a reader and worshiper of the bible. The story begins as men from all around the world want to build a tower to the highest of skys to reach heaven and talk to God. They wanted to prove that they were equals or if not greater than God.As the story goes on God comes down and spites the people and curses them. As a result of their punishment, the people of the world are split into different languages, skin colours and are re-habited in different parts of the world. Inspite of this, do i hear a confession that God himself was the one that created the prejustice in this world?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2006, 08:26 PM #2
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

no, its your own choice to be racist because we have free will

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 12-10-2006, 08:32 PM #3
drigerV88

do you think racism existed before the tower of babylion?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:37 PM #4
Tippmann playa

never studied or heard anything about the tower of babylion but i suppose it was created when Satan betrayed God or maybe with the Garden of Eden

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 12-10-2006, 08:47 PM #5
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
what Bible or book are you reading. there is mention of languages, but of skin color? Please cite a reference.
no. we are all one race, the human race. there may be social, economic and religions differences, but we are all one race.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:48 PM #6
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Firstly, it's the Tower of Babel. Secondly, he only changed the languages. Not Skin colour or any of the such.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:49 PM #7
Tippmann playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
Firstly, it's the Tower of Babel. Secondly, he only changed the languages. Not Skin colour or any of the such.
at 1st i was like "babylion" ?get it? babytiger

Old 12-10-2006, 09:06 PM #8
drigerV88

alright im sorry about the skin colour but languages dose still create conflict in modern society
Old 12-10-2006, 09:10 PM #9
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drigerV88 View Post
alright im sorry about the skin color but languages dose still create conflict in modern society
completely different context. the language "barrier" was instituted to help disperse the human population across the globe as God had originally directed. this was not about "racism".

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:17 PM #10
Believer
There is no God but God

racism comes from peoples lack of acceptance of one another and the blindness they absorb when they are proud of the ancesotry,culture, or other useless tempory things

"O Mankind!
Most certainly, it is
We( God almighty) who have
Created you all
From a single (pair)
Of a male and a female,
And it is we who
Have made you into
Nations and tribes,
That ye may recognise each other
(Not that ye may despise each other).
Verily, the noblest of you
In the sight of Allah
Is (he who is) the most
Righteous of you."
Holy Quran 49:13

"And mankind is naught but a single nation."
Holy Quran 2:213

"And among His Signs
Is the creation of the heavens
And the earth, and the variations
In your languages
And your colours; verily
In that are Signs
For those who know."
Holy Quran 30:22

[ Quran 55:60 ]

MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Old 12-10-2006, 09:34 PM #11
CAHunter (Banned)
The Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
what Bible or book are you reading. there is mention of languages, but of skin color? Please cite a reference.
no. we are all one race, the human race. there may be social, economic and religions differences, but we are all one race.
Isn't it Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid?
Old 12-10-2006, 09:39 PM #12
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHunter View Post
Isn't it Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid?
man made categorizations (in "recent" history, I might add).

Old 12-10-2006, 09:46 PM #13
CAHunter (Banned)
The Trooper

Gotcha. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:27 PM #14
Guitarguy

There are some passages in the bible which could lead to racism. like the story of Noah. One of Noahs grandsons and all of his offspring were condemned to serve the other sons and they're offspring. The sons of said grandson Canaan and his father Ham, were believe to be the forefathers of the African and canaanite(were subjugated by the jews) races. Thus justifying (in some peoples mind) racism. The bible is all up to personal interpretation though

Proud Member of the Lil Ryan Fan Club #1

Now N/-\te
Old 12-11-2006, 07:42 AM #15
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker

Annual Supporting Member
PhantomGhost donated to help Peyton Trent
PhantomGhost supports our troops
PhantomGhost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
God is not responsible for racism. Humans are responsible for it. God is NOT the one who is racist, God gave humans free will to do what they want and we choose to act racist. For some reason we have the idea that if someone is of different skin color that they are actaully "different" than us. Of course everyone is the same (in the hunter/gatherer sense.)
Old 12-11-2006, 08:41 AM #16
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
As the story goes, The Tower of Babylion is one that brings great intrest to me as a reader and worshiper of the bible. The story begins as men from all around the world want to build a tower to the highest of skys to reach heaven and talk to God. They wanted to prove that they were equals or if not greater than God.As the story goes on God comes down and spites the people and curses them. As a result of their punishment, the people of the world are split into different languages, skin colours and are re-habited in different parts of the world. Inspite of this, do i hear a confession that God himself was the one that created the prejustice in this world?
So you're saying that because differences exist, that is why racism exists? No. That's like blaming McDonalds for making people fat.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-11-2006, 03:47 PM #17
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarguy View Post
There are some passages in the bible which could lead to racism. like the story of Noah. One of Noahs grandsons and all of his offspring were condemned to serve the other sons and they're offspring. The sons of said grandson Canaan and his father Ham, were believe to be the forefathers of the African and canaanite(were subjugated by the jews) races. Thus justifying (in some peoples mind) racism. The bible is all up to personal interpretation though
Firstly, that's what the mormons say. Secondly, it's been proven to be false.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:09 PM #18
Vismund Cygnus (Banned)
pee fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
Firstly, that's what the mormons say. Secondly, it's been proven to be false.
A bit off-topic, but are blacks viewed as evil in Mormonism? I've heard about it but haven't researched it.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:20 PM #19
drigerV88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vismund Cygnus View Post
A bit off-topic, but are blacks viewed as evil in Mormonism? I've heard about it but haven't researched it.
Do you mean blacks as a race like "black people" or the negro race?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 PM #20
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vismund Cygnus View Post
In one of the old versions of their book, it said something about having black skin being a mark of a curse. I think they changed that recently.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-13-2006, 12:07 PM #21
elTwitcho

Quote:
Actually DNA mapping has allowed us to trace the migration of tribes out of Africa and settling into places like Asia, Europe and eventually North America using certain markers to establish common ancestry. The story of the tower of babel would have to be another one of those "metaphorical" stories in the bible to explain how we developed different traits that would eventually lead to racism.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock